18 Dec, 11:14AM in sunny Singapore!

Route Suggestions (Part 7)

Subscribe to Route Suggestions (Part 7) 1,556 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • BusAnalayzer's Avatar
    10,463 posts since May '12
    • Originally posted by TIB987K:

      Service 174 would be the most ideal together with amendment to Bukit Batok West new town.

      174 actually is not a bad option. Yes it would increase the travel time, but I don't expect it to be significant increase as it will just cut through ave 6 and ave 8 (so 3 new stops, replacing 1 stop along BBT West Ave 3). This way fast access to Boon Lay and connection to Beauty World (DTL). 

      Other option:

      178 is made Jurong East <> Woodlands and cut through  BBT west new town. This way it can have direct connectivity to Jurong (EWL) and Hillview (DTL). 

      49 covers 178 from Jurong to Taman Jurong. 258 extended to loop around Corporation Place via Corporation Rd. 

  • TIB987K's Avatar
    1,967 posts since Oct '12
    • A visual of the suggested Service 174 amendment highlighted in yellow. Jurong Road will be demolished and hence this ...

  • iveco's Avatar
    17,101 posts since Mar '04
    • Originally posted by TIB987K:

      A visual of the suggested Service 174 amendment highlighted in yellow. Jurong Road will be demolished and hence this ...

      Who is the original source of the map? Looks like it came from URA.

  • TIB987K's Avatar
    1,967 posts since Oct '12
  • TPS Timothy Mok's Avatar
    1,160 posts since Aug '07
    • 929 (similar concept to 129)

      Woodlands Square
      Woodlands Ave 7
      Woodlands Ave 4
      Woodlands Ave 1
      (Woodlands Ave 12)
      (SLE)
      Lentor Ave
      Ang Mo Kio Ave 6
      Ang Mo Kio Ave 5
      Ang Mo Kio Ave 4
      Ang Mo Kio Ave 3
      Ang Mo Kio Ave 1
      Bishan Rd
      Braddell Rd
      (Loop at Bishan St 11)

      Advantages:

      Provides faster connectivity from Yio Chu Kang MRT Station to Woodgrove.

      The car growth is limited at 0%, therefore we need this route badly.

      This route can be launched well ahead of TEL opening, somewhere in December 2018?

      Edited by TPS Timothy Mok 08 Dec `17, 10:02AM
  • BusAnalayzer's Avatar
    10,463 posts since May '12
    • Originally posted by TPS Timothy Mok:

      929 (similar concept to 129)

      Woodlands Square
      Woodlands Ave 7
      Woodlands Ave 4
      Woodlands Ave 1
      (Woodlands Ave 12)
      (SLE)
      Lentor Ave
      Ang Mo Kio Ave 6
      Ang Mo Kio Ave 5
      Ang Mo Kio Ave 4
      Ang Mo Kio Ave 3
      Ang Mo Kio Ave 1
      Bishan Rd
      Braddell Rd
      (Loop at Bishan St 11)

      Advantages:

      Provides faster connectivity from Yio Chu Kang MRT Station to Woodgrove.

      The car growth is limited at 0%, therefore we need this route badly.

      This route can be launched well ahead of TEL opening, somewhere in December 2018?

      Nice route but should terminate at AMK. I don't see the point of looping it around Mayflower estate when there are now new services 860, 71 introduced. Moreover, your route will duplicate 71 all the way to Bishan. Unless you mean 71 will be replaced by 929 ? 

      I would have it terminate at Bishan if it merges with 71 as you don't want another situation like 966. 

  • JKYY's Avatar
    113 posts since Oct '17
    • Route Extension of Service 127 to Eunos Int

      https://routes.one/idea/727

       

      Route Extension of Service 402 to loop at Rhu Cross

      https://routes.one/idea/726

      Anyone has comments on these extensions?

  • Waynechew1003's Avatar
    190 posts since Apr '17
    • Originally posted by JKYY:

      Route Extension of Service 127 to Eunos Int

      https://routes.one/idea/727

       

      Route Extension of Service 402 to loop at Rhu Cross

      https://routes.one/idea/726

      Anyone has comments on these extensions?

      for 127 is a good route. however 127 helps to reduce some crowd at tampines ave 9

  • array88's Avatar
    1,421 posts since May '14
    • Originally posted by JKYY:

      Route Extension of Service 127 to Eunos Int

      https://routes.one/idea/727

       

      Route Extension of Service 402 to loop at Rhu Cross

      https://routes.one/idea/726

      Anyone has comments on these extensions?

      402 is interesting - it reminds me of 11's extension. However, I'm not sure if such an extension would be deemed necessary, as we already have 11 and 158 in Tanjong Rhu, plus an upcoming TEL station.

  • JKYY's Avatar
    113 posts since Oct '17
    • Originally posted by array88:

      402 is interesting - it reminds me of 11's extension. However, I'm not sure if such an extension would be deemed necessary, as we already have 11 and 158 in Tanjong Rhu, plus an upcoming TEL station.

      Hmmm that is a good point though....

    • Originally posted by Waynechew1003:

      for 127 is a good route. however 127 helps to reduce some crowd at tampines ave 9

      Maybe wait till new developments at Tampines North is completed then can have a new feeder to serve that area, possibly merging with Service 292 to form a Townlink service. Service 127A then will be renumbered to 292A serving the current routing.

    • Route Extension of Service 966 to Shenton Way Ter and Route Amendment in Woodlands

      Service 968 Woodlands - Pasir Ris

      Only thing I've got to say - the routes are very long.

      Edited by JKYY 12 Dec `17, 3:50PM
  • SMB315C's Avatar
    1,985 posts since Sep '14
  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,429 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by SMB315C:

      Sv966's route extension isn't needed in the near future since TEL Stage 4 is opening by 2024..

      966 Woodlands-Eunos.

  • JKYY's Avatar
    113 posts since Oct '17
  • Kingslay1o1's Avatar
    8 posts since Dec '17
  • CZT's Avatar
    508 posts since Jun '16
  • SBS2792K's Avatar
    152 posts since Jun '17
  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,429 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by JKYY:

      But if that happens, the link between Eunos MRT and Marine Parade would be lost -> Even higher loading on Service 15 (+ it goes via Telok Kurau first)

      Can always mod 150 to take over the route and skip Telok Kurau/Marine Terr since the ridership is low

    • Originally posted by CZT:

      929 is done by TPS timothy mok. Scroll up... other's comments are also up there

      This guy very funny,I saw him before taking bus pic at Tampines Int like gong gong 

  • JKYY's Avatar
    113 posts since Oct '17
    • Originally posted by SBS2792K:

      Route Suggestion: Townlink 263

      https://routes.one/idea/747

      I think you meant Feeder 263 and not Townlink 263, just that it operates in both clockwise and anti-clockwise directions, similar to 225 and 243.

  • array88's Avatar
    1,421 posts since May '14
    • Originally posted by SBS2792K:

      Route Suggestion: Townlink 263

      https://routes.one/idea/747

      I think it's best to remove the east loop to St 44, and just head to St 31 straight away after exiting interchange. St 31 and 22 do need a fast link to AMK Int, and the current route gives no advantage over walking to nearby bus stops to take other services.

  • TIB987K's Avatar
    1,967 posts since Oct '12
Please Login or Signup to reply.