21 Jan, 06:52AM in sunny Singapore!

Route Suggestions (Part 7)

Subscribe to Route Suggestions (Part 7) 1,652 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    54 posts since Nov '16
    • Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

Tampines Interchange >> Tampines Concourse >> Tampines Ave 6 >> Tampines St 61 >> Tampines North Dr 1 >> Tampines Ave 11 >> Tampines Ave 10 >> Tampines Industrial Ave 5 >> Tampines Road >> KPE (after Logistics Park) >> Buangkok East Dr >> Sengkang East Dr (exp) >> Sengkang East Ave >> Punggol Road >> Sengkang East Way >> Compassvale Interchange

** Connects first phase of Tampines North Estate to Tampines MRT, Ave 10 (for transfers), Tampines Industrial Estate/Logistics Park, Sengkang (NEL)

** Connects Sengkang to Logistics Park/Tampines (alternative to svc 72 for NEL). Those needing to transfer at Hougang for logistics park have fast access

** Alternative for Sengkang residents to Tampines town and vice versa (instead of svc 27) 

** On return route, bus will turn from Tampines industrial ave 5 to industrial ave 4, and new bus stop will be installed for T5 industrial estate along ave 4. 

** Expect very high loading and full fleet DD like 118. 

My adaptation of this idea with additional pairs of stops along Buangkok Drive and Greenwich Drive within Tampines Logistics Park

1 post since Dec '17
    • Hi! Sorry if this is the wrong topic to post. I just wanted to share this new Beeline route that's on currently a Crowdstart Route. Do help to activate this route if this is useful to you! Please see route details here:

Sembawang/Yishun to Changi Airfreight Centre

https://app.beeline.sg/tabs/crowdstart/1026/detail

Thanks all!

Edited by star123 26 Dec `17, 3:20PM
    10,524 posts since May '12
    20,576 posts since Nov '03

Good route but I dont think you can get rid of 165 in Clementi - Lornie part. The route is quite unique and while loading may have dropped, there is still considerable number of people taking 165. 

Yes,Cannot delete that sector...

54 posts since Nov '16
    • Originally posted by Seveneighteightsix:

My adaptation of this idea with additional pairs of stops along Buangkok Drive and Greenwich Drive within Tampines Logistics Park

I thought about the bus going via Buangkok Dr rather than Sengkang East Ave but chose the latter as it will give part of Rivervale estate walking distance connection to svc 127 + an alternate to 119 to Sengkang MRT. 

I am tempted to add a bus stop at Buangkok East Dr for those along Upper Serangoon to walk there but this may add to chaos at the traffic light.

Do you want the bus to go inside Tampines Logistics Park? I would refrain from doing that as it will add to travel time. 127 can simply call at the same bus stops as 72.

Service 883 can be extended to loop at Khatib MRT via Yishun St 51 to link new flats in both Yishun East and Canberra directly to amenities in Yishun to improve intra-town connectivity.

For 883, my suggestion is the following:

After Yishun MRT -> KPKH -> Yishun St 61 -> Yishun Ring Road -> Yishun Ave 4 -> Yishun Central -> KPKH & back...

* The reason to make 883 loop around Yishun Ave 4 is the new BTOs that have been completed. 805 already comes packed from ring road and will not have much space for Ave 4 residents. 

* Gives alternate to 812 to go to Yishun MRT and connect faster. I am tempted to remove 812 east loop, and replace with 859 looping around Yishun St 61 giving at intra-town like experience between Yishun west and east towns + connecting further to Sembawang. 

* 883 DDs will get well utilized at Ave 4. 

54 posts since Nov '16

For 883, my suggestion is the following:

After Yishun MRT -> KPKH -> Yishun St 61 -> Yishun Ring Road -> Yishun Ave 4 -> Yishun Central -> KPKH & back...

* The reason to make 883 loop around Yishun Ave 4 is the new BTOs that have been completed. 805 already comes packed from ring road and will not have much space for Ave 4 residents. 

* Gives alternate to 812 to go to Yishun MRT and connect faster. I am tempted to remove 812 east loop, and replace with 859 looping around Yishun St 61 giving at intra-town like experience between Yishun west and east towns + connecting further to Sembawang. 

* 883 DDs will get well utilized at Ave 4. 

Point taken. But I do like your suggestion for 859, can make the route better utilised than its current "856M" form. Can even ply Yishun Ring Rd's northwestern section while 812 west loop can be downgraded to Feeder 802

1,450 posts since May '14

Service 983 can be integrated with Service 973 via Gangsa Road en-route and extended to loop at Jalan Anak Bukit to better improve connectivity for residents along Chestnut Estate and Dairy Farm and complement 173.

I don't think the integration is necessary, since 983's loading is much higher than 973 hence the loading imbalance. 973 can be extended to Jln Anak Bukit on its own (which I have been suggesting since it was introduced).

1,029 posts since Sep '08

Point taken. But I do like your suggestion for 859, can make the route better utilised than its current "856M" form. Can even ply Yishun Ring Rd's northwestern section while 812 west loop can be downgraded to Feeder 802

Agreed. Yishun routes have a lot of room for further optimisation.

(Reminds me of this earlier suggestion I made: )

Originally posted by AJQZC:

Overall can be divided into a few stages:

(Stage 1: 859 & 812 east)

859, which doesn't actually terminate in Yishun Int, can be enhanced. A plausible route is via Yishun Ave 5 / Central / St 61 / Ave 4 to cover 812 east, though this may or may not work once Yishun ITH is up.

Ave 4 has 805 to back it up, so having 859 replace 812 east should not be a problem. If need be, 853 can ply Yishun St 61 and Ring Rd before going to Khatib (unless it creates right turn problems on return).

This would free up 812 east to ply a new route via Yishun Central / Ave 11 / Ring Rd / St 41 / Ave 1 / 11, which has a much more significant demand. Can even extend to St 43 / 42 if necessary in the future. This change, along with existing route 807, can call for 804's withdrawal.

(Stage 2: developments around St 42)

807 should do Yishun Ave 9 / 6 / St 31 / Ring Rd, while 860 should do Ave 9 / Ring Rd / St 31 / Ave 6 / 1 / St 41 and serve the upcoming estates. This would get rid of 803.

Following which, 103 should serve Yishun Ave 6 / St 42 / St 44 / Ave 8 alongside 860, due to its connection with KTPH. Along with 860's amendment, this could get rid of 806 (assuming demand from Ring Rd to Ave 6 / 11 is not strong); however, 806 may still be retained as a supplementary to 103/860, or to serve as a late night feeder if necessary.

[ Up to this stage, Yishun Int is left with feeders 800, 805, 807; townlinks 811, 812; extended townlink 860. Services 803, 804, 806, 859 no longer serve it.]

(Stage 3: west Ring Rd)

Haven't quite thought of this, but could involve optimization of 800, 811 north and/or 812 west.

Having one trunk route ply Ave 5, Ring Rd & Ave 3 is enough to improve links and put a dent in 812 west, though not enough to totally replace it.

(Others)

805 is better to stay as it is as the route is too winding to move elsewhere (such as Ave 11). If need be, can test merge with 883 after Yishun ITH opens. (While this mitigates 812's loss from Ave 2 to Ave 4, direct link to Yishun Int is lost both ways, so not necessarily desirable.)

Routes such as 169, 851, 854, 856, 858, 965, 969 (high loading) and 117, 171 (unique connections) should stay as they are.

Edited by AJQZC 06 Jan `18, 3:39PM
    180 posts since Jun '17
    • Peak Hour Variant 52M

- uses Thomson Rd and PIE instead of Lornie Road

- avoids jams at PIE Lornie Rd exit

https://routes.one/idea/839

• Extension of Service 138 to Bukit Panjang

https://routes.one/idea/840

- Enhance connectivity between Ang Mo Kio and Bukit Panjang

274 posts since Oct '14
    • Originally posted by SBS2792K:

Extension of Service 138 to Bukit Panjang

https://routes.one/idea/840

- Enhance connectivity between Ang Mo Kio and Bukit Panjang

Bukit Panjang int can take in more services? I already see BCs struggling to find parking space during peak hours. I think Bukit Panjang temporary bus park would be a more appropriate choice.  Personally I think can make 138 skip Mandai Lake Rd  and introduce 138M to do the current 138 route.

• Suggestion for 123M to be renumbered to 122 and be extended to Telok Blangah St 31:

- 122's original route can be replaced by amending 186 to do Tiong Bahru MRT by plying Lower Delta Rd, Tiong Bahru Rd and Zion Rd while skipping Ganges Ave, preserving the Alexandra Rd - Tiong Bahru Rd link of the former route. Kay Siang Rd/Margaret Dr can be avoided as it may be DD unfriendly for 186, and it is easily within walking distance to Alexandra Rd.

- Pax heading towards Bukit Purmei Ave from Tiong Bahru MRT have to take the bus stop opposite of 123's Sentosa-bound stop.

- 120's route will be untouched as most of its demand comes from Alexandra Rd to/fro Redhill MRT, Telok Blangah Heights/St 32 to/fro Telok Blangah MRT.

Rationale:

- 122's current route receives really poor demand

- Establishes a direct link from Tiong Bahru MRT to Telok Blangah St 31/Dr/Heights where currently, pax have to make transfers between 5/16/851 and 273 at Bukit Merah Intwhen travelling to/fro Tiong Bahru MRT

180 posts since Jun '17
    • Extension of 972 from Dhoby Ghaut to Kampong Bahru Ter via Suntec and Shenton

- Enhance connectivity from BPJ to Suntec and Shenton

- Terminating point for BCs, reduce journey time

https://routes.one/idea/847

332 posts since Jun '14
    • 33 - Bedok - Rumah Tinggi

63 - Eunos - Kent Ridge

Switch routes after Tiong Bahru

Not sure if there is any fleet restriction for 63's current route at Redhill area, so might as well let a service with SD restriction serve that area. At least the new 63 can run DDs if needed

• Originally posted by ButIAmAToilet:

33 - Bedok - Rumah Tinggi

63 - Eunos - Kent Ridge

Not sure if there is any fleet restriction for 63's current route at Redhill area, so might as well let a service with SD restriction serve that area. At least the new 63 can run DDs if needed

Good suggestion. Don't think Alexandra Rd has fleet restrictions as there's 64.

• Do a lot of people use 105 from Toa Payoh to Clementi/SP/Jurong East?

I was thinking about switching routes of 105 and 111 west of Commonwealth MRT, so that 105 terminates at Ghim Moh while 111 starts from Jurong East. This gives Jurong East and Toh Guan residents a direct service to Orchard and Marina Centre, while improving on-time performance on 105 by making the route shorter and less winding. However, 105's abovementioned connection will be lost.

1,029 posts since Sep '08

63 - Eunos - Kent Ridge

Good idea, but you may want to consider terminating the new 33 at Bt Merah cos looping at Rumah Tinggi may make the route too long. If there's space issues then can perhaps extend 16 to Harbourfront.

• Originally posted by array88:

Do a lot of people use 105 from Toa Payoh to Clementi/SP/Jurong East?

I was thinking about switching routes of 105 and 111 west of Commonwealth MRT, so that 105 terminates at Ghim Moh while 111 starts from Jurong East. This gives Jurong East and Toh Guan residents a direct service to Orchard and Marina Centre, while improving on-time performance on 105 by making the route shorter and less winding. However, 105's abovementioned connection will be lost.

Like your suggestion on swapping 105 and 111. 105 is quite winding from Toa Payoh to Clementi/Jurong. 154 can do the job faster with transfer at Trellis Tower. 

63 - Eunos - Kent Ridge

Good suggestion. 33 can terminate at Bukit Merah. 63 DDs willbbe well utilized Redhill-Alexandra Road, Redhill-Chinatown area and UBI. 

Edited by BusAnalayzer 08 Jan `18, 3:52PM
    • Townlink 229 (Route Extension to Bedok North)

https://routes.one/idea/851

- Converted to Townlink service and broke up into 2 branches, with the Chai Chee branch extended to Bedok North and Kaki Bukit
      - Direct service between Chai Chee and Bedok North MRT, and somewhat between Bedok South Rd and Bedok North MRT
      - Saves travelling time between Bedok South and Bedok Int / MRT
      - Covers Kaki Bukit Ave 6 and Rd 5 (137's stops), so that 137 can be amended to Bedok Reservoir Rd and Kaki Bukit Rd 4, allowing transfers at Bedok Reservoir Rd
      - Link between Bedok South and Chai Chee maintained, as passengers can travel beyond Bedok Int if necessary. Only drawback is travelling to New Upp Changi Rd (to transfer to 24, 25, 67 etc) will take more time

Edited by array88 09 Jan `18, 9:22PM
Please Login or Signup to reply.