20 Jan, 02:55PM in sunny Singapore!

Route Suggestions (Part 7)

Subscribe to Route Suggestions (Part 7) 1,651 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    10,524 posts since May '12
    • Originally posted by JKYY:

That's what I thought too. The Yishun - AMK Ave 6 sector is covered by 851 and 852, the AMK Ave 6 - AMK Ave 8 sector is covered by 162/M, the AMK Ave 8 - Serangoon Ctrl sector is covered by 22 (135 partial) and the Serangoon Ctrl - Woodleigh sector is covered by 147 (100 and 135 partial).

Would make sense to chop 853 to Bidadari but opposite to what you have proposed. 

853 could do Yishun Interchange <> Bidadari Interchange and it could ply Bidadari estate before terminating, hence the need for HC buses. But then SMRT can always deploy DDs, so I don't see this as the reason.

We may be seeing more airport services getting bendy buses and in future all the 40 bendy buses may be deployed on airport routes.

With this I agree with array88 that 53 may get extended to Bidadari with use of bendies. It's route between Lor Ah Soo and AMK 1 is covered by svc 45, between Serangoon and Bishan is covered by 58 (that has quite poor loading in this sector). 58 can be diverted via Bishan st 14.

• New proposals for Bidadari Estate:

104 (as previously proposed)

Punggol <> Bidadari via SGN Ave 1, Bidadari Park Dr.

Yishun <> Bidadari Interchange (no change in route, just cut short)

Bidadari <> CGA via Bidadari Park Dr, Bartley Road, Upper Serangoon Rd

No change, slices Bidadari estate on Upper Aljunied Road

Bidadari <> Siglap Road (loop)

via Upper Serangoon Road, Bidadari Park Dr, Upper Aljunied Road and continues on current route

* Missing link between Bidadari and AMK covered by svc 133, 853. 

Diverted via Bidadari Park Dr, Bartley Road and continues on current route without going to Upper Serangoon Rd to connect Upper Aljunied / Macpherson estate to Bidadari north estate. 

Overall 4 services terminate at Bidadari

53 (bendy/SDs), 104 (DDs), 135 (DD+SD), 853 (SD only)

** With these changes, 81 will be extended to Bishan via svc 53 route to terminate at Bishan Interchange. Given that 81 and 53 have similar routes, 81 will provide faster connection to PSR for Bishan/Boundary residents.

1,450 posts since May '14
    • Update: I have edited my previous proposals on 53 amendment here.

-------------------------------------------------

I know many people have been suggesting about amendments/withdrawls for 113, and talked about the Hougang St 11 bus stop, but surprisingly nobody suggested anything like this:

Service 116 extension: Hougang Ctrl - Hougang St 11 (Loop)

https://routes.one/idea/878

- Tiny extension to Hougang St 11 (113's looping point)

- Offers direct connection from St 11 to Serangoon MRT, which is much closer than Kovan by 113

- Serangoon MRT bus stop towards Serangoon North will be moved to outside NEX (instead of opposite NEX as of today), hence allowing 116 to supplement 315/70/147 etc

- With this change (and the 53M/108 amendments in my previous post), 113 can operate at reduced frequencies or even withdrawn

Edited by array88 17 Jan `18, 2:13PM
    17,123 posts since Mar '04
    • Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

Would make sense to chop 853 to Bidadari but opposite to what you have proposed. 

853 could do Yishun Interchange <> Bidadari Interchange and it could ply Bidadari estate before terminating, hence the need for HC buses. But then SMRT can always deploy DDs, so I don't see this as the reason.

We may be seeing more airport services getting bendy buses and in future all the 40 bendy buses may be deployed on airport routes.

With this I agree with array88 that 53 may get extended to Bidadari with use of bendies. It's route between Lor Ah Soo and AMK 1 is covered by svc 45, between Serangoon and Bishan is covered by 58 (that has quite poor loading in this sector). 58 can be diverted via Bishan st 14.

Will 853C be affected?

• Originally posted by iveco:

Will 853C be affected?

853C can be removed altogether with the number of new services extended to UEC. 

17,123 posts since Mar '04
    • Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

853C can be removed altogether with the number of new services extended to UEC. 

I agree. The Yishun-Parkway Parade link seems obsolete these days.

20,574 posts since Nov '03
    1,213 posts since Mar '16
    • Originally posted by SMB1368T:

Extend also no use la. U already have 13 & 26 to cover the route

More buses better rides 

1,213 posts since Mar '16
    184 posts since Oct '17
    • Originally posted by array88:

102 is planned to extend to Seletar East Camp when it develops, hence cannot extend to Punggol via West Camp.

West Camp doesn't even need another service. 103/117 are enough for now. 102 may get extended via East Camp only in 2021-22 as East Camp development is still not there. 

273 posts since Oct '14
    • Originally posted by JKYY:

Just curious to find out your suggestions (not all are mine)

Service 102 - Route Extension to Punggol Temp Int

978 Bukit Panjang - HarbourFront

978 would be better as an express service IMO because the route is a abit too windy to HarbourFront. In addition, there is heavy duplication with 184's route from Cashew Rd to Clementi Rd and 97 from AYE to HBF...  Otherwise an alternative travel option to HBF from Bukit Panjang would be LRT > DTL > CCL via Botanic Gardens or LRT > 188/E. 

Edited by Marvel68 16 Jan `18, 9:48PM
    • Service 354 amendment to Pasir Ris Link:

https://routes.one/idea/877

I wonder why it takes so long to implement this.

1,951 posts since May '15
    • 70e – Yck Rd(Aft Begonia Rd) to Shenton Way(ter)
      Route:
      Yck Rd all the way till Boundary Rd junction >> Express via Boundary Rd, Amk Ave 1, CTE, PIE, Sims Way, then continue original sv 70 route.

• Service 986: Choa Chu Kang - Changi Airport (Loop)

https://routes.one/idea/881

Edited by array88 18 Jan `18, 12:54AM
    • I realized there hasn't been any direct services between Jurong East and the north/northeast, and all MRT lines along the journey are already highly utilized. Since Jurong East is planned to be our second CBD, a direct route seems necessary:

Service 41: Jurong East - Compassvale

https://routes.one/idea/882

I acknowledge that both my routes above are higgly unlikely to be implemented.

184 posts since Oct '17
    • Why no direct connection from Tuas/Joo Koon to Northwest areas like CCK/BPJ?Can use PIE exit Bt Batok Rd mah

273 posts since Oct '14
    • Originally posted by array88:

I realized there hasn't been any direct services between Jurong East and the north/northeast, and all MRT lines along the journey are already highly utilized. Since Jurong East is planned to be our second CBD, a direct route seems necessary:

Service 41: Jurong East - Compassvale

https://routes.one/idea/882

I acknowledge that both my routes above are higgly unlikely to be implemented.

Cross Island Line should alleviate the loading between Jurong and Northeast once it opens..

54 posts since Nov '16
    • Improved full-day Service 14e between Bedok and looping at Scotts/Orchard Road via ECP and Temasek Avenue/Boulevard.

- More direct link to Suntec City and Orchard for Bedok and East Coast residents.

- A more limited amount of stops along Mountbatten-Upper East Coast Road sector for a quicker connection while still maintaining some for transfer to or from other routes.

• Improved and extended full-day Service 30e between Bedok and Boon Lay via West Coast Highway.

- Additional and alternative direct link between the East, Centre and West of Singapore.

- Skips Pasir Panjang Road, while extended to serve Teban Gardens and Taman Jurong in addition to stops at Haw Par Villa, Mapletree Biz City and HarbourFront.

- Serves pair of bus stops in CBD along Anson Road/Shenton Way for transfer to bus services into the City before continuing onto Straits Blvd/MCE.

• More suggestions for Limited Stop Services:

851e: Yishun - New Bridge Rd (via CTE)

https://routes.one/idea/891

62e: Punggol - Shenton Way (via KPE)

https://routes.one/idea/892

174e extended to full day service and amended via PIE:

https://routes.one/idea/893

429 posts since Oct '06
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

Why no direct connection from Tuas/Joo Koon to Northwest areas like CCK/BPJ?Can use PIE exit Bt Batok Rd mah

We can suggest 172e (non-stop between CCK Int and Jalan Bahar via KJE) or 180e (non-stop between Boon Lay Int and Bt Batok Rd via PIE).

Or an extended 172e: Boon Lay Int > (non-stop) > CCK MRT > (non-stop) > Bukit Panjang MRT

Last time I also suggested extending 194 to CCK/BPJ via Pioneer Rd North and KJE, to relieve the heavy traffic on KJE and Pioneer Rd North, as well as to provide direct access between Jurong Bird Park and CCK/BPJ.

As LTA hasn't plan any express services between Jurong and CCK/BPJ, I noticed that a number of industries in Jurong provide their own shuttles to/from CCK. (My ex-company in Tuas has shuttles to CCK.) I also heard that NTU initiated its own on-demand shuttle services to/from CCK, BPJ and Yew Tee, via its phone app JalanX. 

Edited by autumncs 20 Jan `18, 12:57AM
Please Login or Signup to reply.