25 May, 01:56AM in sunny Singapore!

Route Suggestions (Part 7)

Subscribe to Route Suggestions (Part 7) 1,836 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • autumncs's Avatar
    448 posts since Oct '06
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      24:Serve inner parts of Ang Mo Kio and Serangoon before heading Airport through CTE/SLE/TPE

      27:Serve inner parts of Hougang/Sengkang and express to Airport via TPE

      36:Bukit Merah/Orchard/Marine Parade - Airport

      34:Serve inner parts of Punggol/Pasir Ris and express to Airport via PIE

      53:Serve Bishan/Sin Ming/AMK before express to Airport.

      858:Serve Sembawang/Yishun before express to airport.

      126:Tampines - Airport

      164:Bedok/Simei - Airport

      968:Woodlands/BPJ - Airport 

      It would be nice to have a central bus terminal in Jewel Changi Airport, instead of 3 separate bus terminals in T3, T1 and T2.

      Ideally, a central bus terminal should
      - save travelling time by avoiding 3 security checks (as the buses would stop outside the terminals, not under the terminals)
      - allow double deckers (Services like 27, 53 and 858 deserve double deckers)
      - allow BCs to take breaks
      - allow longer routes from the airport as the routes no longer need to loop at the airport
      - allow quick transfers between buses, MRT, skytrain, and T4 shuttle

    • Originally posted by SMB128B:

      I don't think you are giving enough justice to the role of 48 in this sector. 

      48 serves as a supplement to these services. You better believe it when I say this, as both 2 and 9 can be heavily delayed by jams in Bedok, and this is where 48 steps in. If you realise carefully 48 almost always arrives at independent intervals from 2 and 9, so it does not bunch with the two. Deliberate or not, it shows how important 48 is for Simpang Bedok, esp during weekends when many ppl go there.

      I'm puzzled by your choice of substitutes in the other sectors you mentioned, as none of them can be direct competitors against 48, they serve completely different groups. 25 is used for people who want to go to Bedok specifically, not those travelling on the MRT, where 48 would've brought them to TNM in much shorter time. 14's intended travellers aren't even those staying along UEC, rather most of its pax alight at Bedok Rd. 

      And to those wondering what will happen to 48, nothing will! Read the post carefully, it says no NEW svcs ley.

      Alternatively, extend svc 17A to UEC terminal via 48's route from Bedok North Ave 4 to Bedok South Ave 3, and give svc 17A a new number. After that, you can do whatever you want to svc 48 (be it extended to CBP or shortened to UEC).

      Ever since 17 and 17A were transferred to Go Ahead, 17A has to make a big loop after BNDEP as it cannot use SBST-controlled BNDEP to "U-turn". 17A may as well be extended to provide more options for residents along Bedok North Ave 4 and Bedok North Rd.

  • SMB128B's Avatar
    5,067 posts since May '11
    • Originally posted by autumncs:

      It would be nice to have a central bus terminal in Jewel Changi Airport, instead of 3 separate bus terminals in T3, T1 and T2.

      Ideally, a central bus terminal should
      - save travelling time by avoiding 3 security checks (as the buses would stop outside the terminals, not under the terminals)
      - allow double deckers (Services like 27, 53 and 858 deserve double deckers)
      - allow BCs to take breaks
      - allow longer routes from the airport as the routes no longer need to loop at the airport
      - allow quick transfers between buses, MRT, skytrain, and T4 shuttle

      Haha you list all these whatever reasons also no use.. anyway all these reasons I mentioned before..

      becoz CAAS and LTA made it v clear.. NO CENTRALISED TERMINAL for CGA svcs, becoz us peasants are undeserving of such..

      Jewel ah, you wish haha.. I alr emailed CAAS, they confirmed no terminal inside Jewel.. And no infra is in place for any future devt for it..

    • Originally posted by autumncs:

      Alternatively, extend svc 17A to UEC terminal via 48's route from Bedok North Ave 4 to Bedok South Ave 3, and give svc 17A a new number. After that, you can do whatever you want to svc 48 (be it extended to CBP or shortened to UEC).

      Ever since 17 and 17A were transferred to Go Ahead, 17A has to make a big loop after BNDEP as it cannot use SBST-controlled BNDEP to "U-turn". 17A may as well be extended to provide more options for residents along Bedok North Ave 4 and Bedok North Rd.

      Agreed tbf

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    21,599 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by autumncs:

      Alternatively, extend svc 17A to UEC terminal via 48's route from Bedok North Ave 4 to Bedok South Ave 3, and give svc 17A a new number. After that, you can do whatever you want to svc 48 (be it extended to CBP or shortened to UEC).

      Ever since 17 and 17A were transferred to Go Ahead, 17A has to make a big loop after BNDEP as it cannot use SBST-controlled BNDEP to "U-turn". 17A may as well be extended to provide more options for residents along Bedok North Ave 4 and Bedok North Rd.

      I would gladly trade 17 for 29.SBST can renumbered 17A as 164 and terminate at UEC.48 can extend to CBP.

  • Vampire77lim's Avatar
    131 posts since Nov '16
    • Feel like the planning official is not considered any more bus service route for the area  and the bus service 25 should extend to changi business terminal 

      service 47 should extend to Eunos interchange 

      new service 164 should be at Bedok - Changi Airport terminal 

      new service 44  should be at Changi business terminal - sengroon grd 

      will be truly still not sure about it 

  • SBS8676Z's Avatar
    1,815 posts since Oct '11
    • How about 854 and 883 merge to become Sembawang-Bedok trunk service? Bring more connections from Canberra Estate to YCK and Eunos areas.

  • JKYY's Avatar
    710 posts since Oct '17
  • SMB145B's Avatar
    2,276 posts since Dec '12
    • Originally posted by SBS8676Z:

      How about 854 and 883 merge to become Sembawang-Bedok trunk service? Bring more connections from Canberra Estate to YCK and Eunos areas.

      Very long route

  • SBS8676Z's Avatar
    1,815 posts since Oct '11
    • Originally posted by SMB145B:

      Very long route

      Actually it is not that long, compared to what is 61, 67 and 171 in SMRT fleet...

      Just wondering when will Yishun ITH open and whether there is enough space compared to the current interchange.

      Edited by SBS8676Z 22 Apr `18, 10:29PM
  • SMB145B's Avatar
    2,276 posts since Dec '12
    • Originally posted by SBS8676Z:

      Actually it is not that long, compared to what is 61, 67 and 171 in SMRT fleet...

      Just wondering when will Yishun ITH open and whether there is enough space compared to the current interchange.

      171 will terminate at BPITH hopefully or loop at Bukit Panjang.

      But seriously, from Sembawang to Upper East Coast Road Terminal?

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    21,599 posts since Nov '03
    • Revamp of Night Bus Services 

      Fridays,Saturdays and Eves of Holidays:00:00~02:55

      25 mins frequency for NR and 35 mins frequency for NO.

      NR1:Harboufront Int~Orchard/Bishan/AMK/Yishun/Sembawang.

      1N:Shenton Way Ter~Orchard/TPY/Bishan/AMK/Yishun.

      NR2:Shenton Way Ter~Orchard/BPJ/Marsiling/Woodlands.

      2N:Harbourfront~Bayfront/Orchard/Woodlands/AMK.

      NR3:Shenton Way Ter~Nth Canal/Orchard/BPJ/CCK.

      3N:Marina Centre Ter~Orchard/Bt Batok/Jurong East.

      NR4:Marina Centre Ter~Orchard/Sims Ave/Jln Eunos/BDK Rsvr/Simei/Tampines/Loyang Ave.

      4N:Marina Centre Ter~Orchard/Marine Parade/Bedok/Simei/Pasir Ris.

       

    • NR5:Marina Centre Ter~Orchard/Tiong Bahru/Commonwealth/Jurong West/Boon Lay/Jurong West Ext.

      5N:Marina Centre Ter~Orchard/Farrer Rd/Commonwealth/J East/J West/Boon Lay/J West Ext.

      NR6:Harbourfront Int~Bayfront/Orchard/Serangoon/Hougang/Sengkang/Jln Kayu.

      6N:Shenton Way Ter~Orchard/YCK Rd/Hougang/Sengkang/Punggol.

      NR7:Marina Centre Ter~Orchard/Kallang/BDK North/Simpang Bedok/Tampines Concourse/Tampines Ave 10.

      7N:Harbourfront Int~Bayfront/Orchard/Bedok Rsvr/Tampines/Changi Biz Park.

      Edited by carbikebus 25 Apr `18, 11:38AM
    • Price within City to HDB

      Students:$2.20 (Under 16km) $2.80 (Above 16km)

      Adults:$3.60 (Under 16km) $4.20 (Above 16km)

      Senior Citizens:$2.60 (Under 16km) $3.20 (Above 16km)

      Within HDB towns

      Students:$1.00 (Under 8km) $1.20 (Above 8km)

      Adults:$2.20 (Under 8km) $2.60 (Above 8km)

      Senior Citizens:$1.30 (Under 8km) $1.50 (Above 8km)

  • Seveneighteightsix's Avatar
    61 posts since Nov '16
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      Revamp of Night Bus Services 

      Fridays,Saturdays and Eves of Holidays:00:00~02:55

      25 mins frequency for NR and 35 mins frequency for NO.

      NR1:Harboufront Int~Orchard/Bishan/AMK/Yishun/Sembawang.

      1N:Shenton Way Ter~Orchard/TPY/Bishan/AMK/Yishun.

      NR2:Shenton Way Ter~Orchard/BPJ/Marsiling/Woodlands.

      2N:Harbourfront~Bayfront/Orchard/Woodlands/AMK.

      NR3:Shenton Way Ter~Nth Canal/Orchard/BPJ/CCK.

      3N:Marina Centre Ter~Orchard/Bt Batok/Jurong East.

      NR4:Marina Centre Ter~Orchard/Sims Ave/Jln Eunos/BDK Rsvr/Simei/Tampines/Loyang Ave.

      4N:Marina Centre Ter~Orchard/Marine Parade/Bedok/Simei/Pasir Ris.

       

      I don't think there's even any need for the xN and NRx designations anymore due to BCM, and since the services are not majorly utilised not inconvenience is caused.

      Using a simple Nxx format:

      1N > N1

      2N > N2

      3N > N3

      4N > N4

      5N > N5

      6N > N6

      NR1 > N11

      NR2 > N12

      NR3 > N13

      NR4 > N14

      NR5 > N15

      NR6 > N16

      NR7 > N17

      NR8 > N18

  • SMB145B's Avatar
    2,276 posts since Dec '12
    • Originally posted by Seveneighteightsix:

      I don't think there's even any need for the xN and NRx designations anymore due to BCM, and since the services are not majorly utilised not inconvenience is caused.

      Using a simple Nxx format:

      1N > N1

      2N > N2

      3N > N3

      4N > N4

      5N > N5

      6N > N6

      NR1 > N11

      NR2 > N12

      NR3 > N13

      NR4 > N14

      NR5 > N15

      NR6 > N16

      NR7 > N17

      NR8 > N18

      some of the NR and NO svcs are somewhat duplicating.

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    21,599 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by SMB145B:

      some of the NR and NO svcs are somewhat duplicating.

      Because of heavy loadings..That’s why most of the routing is duplicate.

    • Originally posted by Seveneighteightsix:

      I don't think there's even any need for the xN and NRx designations anymore due to BCM, and since the services are not majorly utilised not inconvenience is caused.

      Using a simple Nxx format:

      1N > N1

      2N > N2

      3N > N3

      4N > N4

      5N > N5

      6N > N6

      NR1 > N11

      NR2 > N12

      NR3 > N13

      NR4 > N14

      NR5 > N15

      NR6 > N16

      NR7 > N17

      NR8 > N18

      Good one.Terminal should be at CBD like Kg Bahru,Shenton Way and Marina Centre.Bayfront not much catchment,waste of fuel only.

  • ButIAmAToilet's Avatar
    337 posts since Jun '14
  • carbikebus's Avatar
    21,599 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by ButIAmAToilet:

      What happens if we merge 17A anf 118A/B?

      Bedok Int - Punggol Int lor

  • JKYY's Avatar
    710 posts since Oct '17
  • Marvel68's Avatar
    328 posts since Oct '14
  • carbikebus's Avatar
    21,599 posts since Nov '03
    • Science Centre Rd need a bus looping there..From Genting Hotel loop then travel by J East Central.Pity see those Cisco staff walking to JE MRT.

  • SG5557R's Avatar
    73 posts since Oct '17
Please Login or Signup to reply.