23 May, 08:45PM in sunny Singapore!

Miscellaneous Topics on Buses (Part 2)

Subscribe to Miscellaneous Topics on Buses (Part 2) 834 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • shellstation's Avatar
    81 posts since Aug '08
    • I think 3 is a good candidate to move out to Tampines Concourse Bus Int. Currently it leaves the interchange with average loading because it stops outside Tamp MRT bus stop on the way.

      I also think they should shuffle the berths a bit and put 46 and 291 together, so 46's loading will improve and ease 291's peak hour loading.

  • gekpohboy's Avatar
    2,180 posts since Mar '16
    • Arbo remove 46 instead.

      46 has its critical mass, but the critical mass is at Bedok and Tampines (town), probably because it serves employment places at Bedok South.

      Next time will have another burd... I mean, critical mass, which is the new Downtown Line stations.

      Anyway, either way, no one actually takes 46 at Tampines Bus Interchange. Probably because the berth is so far away, but as a matter of fact, Tampines residential area also hardly got people take 46 (in the evening).

      Last week, I observed the loading on bus 46. Was about to fail this bus service, when I saw a bus 46 loaded with passengers going towards Tampines. It was then I realise bus 46 loading is from East Coast, not Tampines.

      Edited by gekpohboy 07 Dec `16, 11:50PM
  • SMB315C's Avatar
    2,188 posts since Sep '14
    • Originally posted by gekpohboy:

      Any possibility that the recent order of 15 units of ADL Enviro 500 is actually to replace 15 units of existing ADL Enviro 500?

      If I remember correctly, some participants here mentioned before that the Enviro 500 under SMRT are making noises. My guess is that some of those buses could be beyond repair, and can only be replaced.

      But, they not scared the order kanna detained at HK customs meh?

      No, it's included in the "additional 137 USB buses".. 122 A95 + 15 Enviro = 137..

      Edited by SMB315C 08 Dec `16, 12:54AM
  • dupdup77's Avatar
    3,090 posts since Nov '13
    • Originally posted by array88:

      And then they have to go through the winding route in Serangoon Gardens. More likely they will take 109 from interchange instead.

      Hi mr array88, 116 is direct from hougang ave 9 to Serangoon. This is one of the purposes when launched few years ago. Service 116 never passes by Serangoon gardens la. Cheers. Thanks.

  • array88's Avatar
    1,493 posts since May '14
    • Originally posted by dupdup77:

      Hi mr array88, 116 is direct from hougang ave 9 to Serangoon. This is one of the purposes when launched few years ago. Service 116 never passes by Serangoon gardens la. Cheers. Thanks.

      Sorry typo, I meant Serangoon North.

      But anyway 109 is still more direct from Hougang Ave 9 to Serangoon.

  • Sbs6750E's Avatar
    1,984 posts since May '15
    • Originally posted by array88:

      Sorry typo, I meant Serangoon North.

      But anyway 109 is still more direct from Hougang Ave 9 to Serangoon.


      But 109 is bursting from Interchange.

  • dupdup77's Avatar
    3,090 posts since Nov '13
    • Originally posted by array88:

      Sorry typo, I meant Serangoon North.

      But anyway 109 is still more direct from Hougang Ave 9 to Serangoon.

      Hi mr array88, yes 109 is more direct from hougang ave 9 to Serangoon mrt in terms of speed and route. However in terms of no of bus stops, it is same as 116 from hougang ave 9. Cheers. Thanks.

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    21,582 posts since Nov '03
    • I got a strong feeling that SMRT will use a portion of Seletar Depot to park their Yishun svc.This time i think less than 100 lots.

  • BusAnalayzer's Avatar
    10,658 posts since May '12
    • Originally posted by orange28:

      Don't get what you mean here, can you clarify? Sounds like you are contradicting yourself ...

      Nope. instead of 6 sv 67 leaving interchange together. They should have made some go off-service to say Bedok and start from there.

      As you can imagine if 6 sv 67 are bunched at Tampines, the headway with the bus in front would be 40-45 minutes. Hence, if some buses would skip stops between Tampines-Bedok or Tampines-Eunos, it would bridge the headway. 

      Clear?

  • BusAnalayzer's Avatar
    10,658 posts since May '12
    • Originally posted by array88:

      And then they have to go through the winding route in Serangoon North. More likely they will take 109 from interchange instead.

      You are right here. That's why 109 has long queues and DDs/109A timed to take the PM load from 6pm onwards from Serangoon to Hougang Ave 9.

      116 loading has improved but still around 30-40 pax peak loading between Serangoon-Hougang. Loading from Hougang Interchange is better during PM since berth is right outside MRT exit, so when people see 116 coming they rather wait at the berth than for sv 72.

  • BusAnalayzer's Avatar
    10,658 posts since May '12
    • Originally posted by shellstation:

      I think 3 is a good candidate to move out to Tampines Concourse Bus Int. Currently it leaves the interchange with average loading because it stops outside Tamp MRT bus stop on the way.

      I also think they should shuffle the berths a bit and put 46 and 291 together, so 46's loading will improve and ease 291's peak hour loading.

      291 is already coming at 02-04 minutes during peak hours. Average loading/bus is now 40-50 pax with DDs given the huge number of buses added. 291 itself is enough to manage load.

      46 should have been extended to Tampines Ave 4, Tampines Ave 7, Tampines St 32/34/45, Tampines Ave 9 and back to provide good intra-town connectivity and connect DTL3 stations Tampines West, Central, East. 

      This way 46 could have been more useful to connect Tampines West and East also to new Hawker center, Tampines stadium, Century Square etc. 

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    21,582 posts since Nov '03
    • Yesterday,PRC BC Of svc 118(3514) vomited at the cabin.

      Today,2 PRC BCs lost their way off service from WLDEP to L1G..

      1 KJDEP standby BC also lost his way off service from Budep to L1G.

      Svc 34 today all cock up,All late arrival at PGL.End up some PRC BCs take advantage start from CGA instead of Tampines..😀😀

      Weekdays runtime for 34 is 117-124 mins

      Saturdays is 107-113

      Sundays 94-103 mins,Seriously is LTA play tikam2?Each bus stops from 1-3 mins only??

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    21,582 posts since Nov '03
    • Heard rumours all Operators will get the new A95s and I don't know how true is itπŸ€”

      And there is also rumours about SG A24s to SMRT also,Hmmm.

  • TIB 585L's Avatar
    9,282 posts since Apr '11
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      Yesterday,PRC BC Of svc 118(3514) vomited at the cabin.

      Today,2 PRC BCs lost their way off service from WLDEP to L1G..

      1 KJDEP standby BC also lost his way off service from Budep to L1G.

      Svc 34 today all cock up,All late arrival at PGL.End up some PRC BCs take advantage start from CGA instead of Tampines..😀😀

      Weekdays runtime for 34 is 117-124 mins

      Saturdays is 107-113

      Sundays 94-103 mins,Seriously is LTA play tikam2?Each bus stops from 1-3 mins only??


      Hahaha how sia lose their way. WLDEP to GL1 can just go via SLE/CTE/PIE Sims Way turn right at Geylang Rd and enter GL1 from there. BUDEP also easy what to GL1. Direct samore. Now i still dont get how 1115D lost until Toa Payoh. If OS from Tampines can go via TPE SLE then Turf Club Ave mah. PRC hais

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    21,582 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by TIB 585L:


      Hahaha how sia lose their way. WLDEP to GL1 can just go via SLE/CTE/PIE Sims Way turn right at Geylang Rd and enter GL1 from there. BUDEP also easy what to GL1. Direct samore. Now i still dont get how 1115D lost until Toa Payoh. If OS from Tampines can go via TPE SLE then Turf Club Ave mah. PRC hais

      Sometimes those PRCs are smart,They dont like too many trips,They purposely drive late and hoping to get halfway the next trip.If the duty too many trips,They purposely os other route to screw up the departure time.

  • TIB 585L's Avatar
    9,282 posts since Apr '11
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      Sometimes those PRCs are smart,They dont like too many trips,They purposely drive late and hoping to get halfway the next trip.If the duty too many trips,They purposely os other route to screw up the departure time.


      Lol and then commuters become the victim

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    21,582 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by TIB 585L:


      Lol and then commuters become the victim

      They sabotage own BCs

  • TIB 585L's Avatar
    9,282 posts since Apr '11
  • carbikebus's Avatar
    21,582 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by TIB 585L:

      Lol fked up attitude. See their face drive 961 until sian already. 2h+ per journey

      GA starters love PRC so much until a few of them get perm AM shift,Standby 3-4 hours then drive duty that only less than 6 hours..

  • TIB 585L's Avatar
    9,282 posts since Apr '11
  • carbikebus's Avatar
    21,582 posts since Nov '03
    • How come sgwiki stated that 184 have 17 duties but the duty roster only put 10AP/4S1/1S2?

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    21,582 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by TIB 585L:

      haha then they sleep ah at lounge while on standby?

      They chit chat,Buy coffee for important people..Really LJ attitude those ex-SBST staff..Spoilt market.Locals all kena torture,Later locals resigned they say locals are too choosy..Bloody bastards!😀

  • SMB315C's Avatar
    2,188 posts since Sep '14
    • 903 AM Off-Peak fleet for 13122016 Monday [85% WAB]

      TIB1063U
      1 MB O405G

      SMB8016M SMB8026J SMB8027G SMB8029B SMB8035H SMB8039Y
      6 MAN NG363F

      Well done.. WAB passed with flying colours..

      Edited by SMB315C 13 Dec `16, 10:29PM
  • TIB 585L's Avatar
    9,282 posts since Apr '11
  • SMB315C's Avatar
    2,188 posts since Sep '14
    • Originally posted by TIB 585L:

      and they took 901 Mandy for the sake of it. Still got 1197S though

      It seems like they've decided to spam 901 with A22..

Please Login or Signup to reply.