22 Feb, 04:33AM in sunny Singapore!

Miscellaneous Topics on Buses (Part 2)

Subscribe to Miscellaneous Topics on Buses (Part 2) 713 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • Darrylpohmaple's Avatar
    75 posts since Oct '13
    • Let's Say if Svc 21 Perm majority DD Depolyments operates on a Split Shift or Extended Shift on Weekdays, that means the majority DD Depolyments that operates on a Split Shift or Extended Shift on Weekdays will operate Full Day Shift or Three-quarter shift on weekends/Public Holidays.

      Example: SBS7436G = 17S on weekdays, 1A/7P on Weekends/Public Holidays

      SBS7485P = 18S on weekdays, 2A/8P on Weekends/Public Holidays

      SBS7317S = 19S on weekdays, 3A/9P on Weekends/Public Holidays

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,798 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by Darrylpohmaple:

      Let's Say if Svc 21 Perm majority DD Depolyments operates on a Split Shift or Extended Shift on Weekdays, that means the majority DD Depolyments that operates on a Split Shift or Extended Shift on Weekdays will operate Full Day Shift or Three-quarter shift on weekends/Public Holidays.

      Example: SBS7436G = 17S on weekdays, 1A/7P on Weekends/Public Holidays

      SBS7485P = 18S on weekdays, 2A/8P on Weekends/Public Holidays

      SBS7317S = 19S on weekdays, 3A/9P on Weekends/Public Holidays

      Split shift buses go haywire..And split shift BCs is always the one who bring any preventive maintenance buses to workshop during the split breaks.For BcM,Any Am/Pm BC also do that during mealbreaks at depot.

  • TIB 585L's Avatar
    9,194 posts since Apr '11
    • I realize since BCM, alot of bus have dead mileage to go to T2 to start shift and do half trip and some end S shift by doing half trip

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,798 posts since Nov '03
    • LTA should change consider changing all Voith Citaro to ZF starting from the older batch..Voith on Citaro really too jerky and problematic for older batches.

    • Since CGA request Mercedes bus for Airport service,Why not 110 & 858 use the OCs as well?

  • SMB128B's Avatar
    4,988 posts since May '11
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      Since CGA request Mercedes bus for Airport service,Why not 110 & 858 use the OCs as well?

      Not CGA request one la.. its LTA wants the useless annoying announcement for fuck..

      Idgi lor, why need use shitaro? If SMRT buses don't have announcer system how they play the "Thank you for travelling with SMRT Buses" announcement?? Always puzzled tbh. And even if need use shitaro, why cannot use ZF ones?

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,798 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by SMB128B:

      Not CGA request one la.. its LTA wants the useless annoying announcement for fuck..

      Idgi lor, why need use shitaro? If SMRT buses don't have announcer system how they play the "Thank you for travelling with SMRT Buses" announcement?? Always puzzled tbh. And even if need use shitaro, why cannot use ZF ones?

      ZF only 10 units and 136C/141L are training buses.Maybe the reputable Mercedes badge.But seriously should use OCs also for 110/858..

  • SG5064X's Avatar
    493 posts since Dec '16
    • Originally posted by SMB128B:

      Not CGA request one la.. its LTA wants the useless annoying announcement for fuck..

      Idgi lor, why need use shitaro? If SMRT buses don't have announcer system how they play the "Thank you for travelling with SMRT Buses" announcement?? Always puzzled tbh. And even if need use shitaro, why cannot use ZF ones?

      They should trial on A22 also.I can't stand the Taros on 110 & 858 to be honest.

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,798 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by SG5064X:

      They should trial on A22 also.I can't stand the Taros on 110 & 858 to be honest.

      110 can use Citaro/OCs

      858 if possible use Citaro/OC/A22

  • A22 fan's Avatar
    222 posts since Jul '17
    • I did spotted an unknown A22 cameoing on service 110. Rare special cameoing and I think it is one off issue.

  • SG5064X's Avatar
    493 posts since Dec '16
    • Originally posted by SMB128B:

      Not CGA request one la.. its LTA wants the useless annoying announcement for fuck..

      Idgi lor, why need use shitaro? If SMRT buses don't have announcer system how they play the "Thank you for travelling with SMRT Buses" announcement?? Always puzzled tbh. And even if need use shitaro, why cannot use ZF ones?

      They should use the SMRT spec ones for 110/858...I don't get it why they don't put in on A22 or OC though 

  • SMB315C's Avatar
    2,051 posts since Sep '14
    • SV883 PM Peak fleet for today (Tuesday 14112017) [100% WAB]

      Fleet: 6 buses (4 SD + 2 DD)

      24S 93S 102A 118E

      5119Y 5494M

      Sequence @ 1835hr - 1925hr:
      118E > 22 mins > 5494M > 1 min > 102A > 5 mins > 93S > 12 mins > 5119Y > 7 mins > 43L

      DD loading observations:
      * 5494M
      LD - Fully seated + Many standees..
      UD - Approx ~10 pax..

      * 5119Y
      LD - Fully seated + A few standees..
      UD - Approx ~5 pax..

  • TIB987K's Avatar
    2,081 posts since Oct '12
  • lemon1974's Avatar
    9,442 posts since Dec '04
    • Originally posted by TIB987K:

      It might be Volvo 7900 Hybrid spare parts but this only my guess ...

      cannot be B9TL parts?

      Volvo Hybrid 7900 also haven come and further, new buses sure got warranty period... 

  • TIB987K's Avatar
    2,081 posts since Oct '12
    • Originally posted by lemon1974:

      cannot be B9TL parts?

      Volvo Hybrid 7900 also haven come and further, new buses sure got warranty period... 

      Totally forgot about B9TL and you're right ...

  • BusAnalayzer's Avatar
    10,585 posts since May '12
    • Do you think Singapore will go HK or UK style in future with almost all DD fleets and only a few SDs here and there??

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,798 posts since Nov '03
  • AntiDennisLance's Avatar
    1,126 posts since Jul '03
    • Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

      Do you think Singapore will go HK or UK style in future with almost all DD fleets and only a few SDs here and there??

      I also hope so, but not likely for the next 17 years ba - until the very last of the currently newest shitaros get dereg'ed.  But if from this moment onwards we don't see any new SD's being ordered, then it may be a sign that it is going to happen.

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,798 posts since Nov '03
    • Cannot la,So many short distance winding service and mostly full during weekends and peak hours only..If majority yes.

  • SMB1368T's Avatar
    1,227 posts since Mar '16
    • Just some bites on trains:

      On days and hours when the MRT is not operating nxt month, 4 shuttle routes would be implemented at the same fare of trains at 3 - 10 min frequency

      1. OTP - JUR

      2. JUR - JKN

      3. JKN - TAL

      4. JUR - CCK

  • array88's Avatar
    1,476 posts since May '14
    • Originally posted by SMB1368T:

      Just some bites on trains:

      On days and hours when the MRT is not operating nxt month, 4 shuttle routes would be implemented at the same fare of trains at 3 - 10 min frequency

      1. OTP - JUR

      2. JUR - JKN

      3. JKN - TAL

      4. JUR - CCK

      Don't really get why they want to break the EWL shuttle into 3 parts... Travelling to TWE will require at least 3 transfers.

  • SMB5007J's Avatar
    954 posts since Nov '15
    • CCK Int will be using both the bus bridging service berths... queue lines had already been set up outside the MRT exit for the bus interchange.

  • lemon1974's Avatar
    9,442 posts since Dec '04
    • Originally posted by array88:

      Don't really get why they want to break the EWL shuttle into 3 parts... Travelling to TWE will require at least 3 transfers.

      there should be an express service from Outram Park (via AYE) to JE to Boon Lay to JK to Tuas

  • TIB987K's Avatar
    2,081 posts since Oct '12
  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,798 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by TIB987K:

      Oh yes,upgrade with USB chargers,announcement system and don't forget to paste Merc badge at the rear too

Please Login or Signup to reply.