25 Nov, 02:02PM in sunny Singapore!

New Bus Services Announced by LTA/PTOs (Part 3)

Subscribe to New Bus Services Announced by LTA/PTOs (Part 3) 1,225 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,326 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by gekpohboy:

      If you notice, the new bus services launched by operators are all short working trips, complementing an existing bus service. Eg. 110 complements 858, 170A complements 170, and 912A/B complements 912.

      Moving on, I would expect more complementary bus services to be launched to complement existing bus services.

      Short working trip is A/B/C la dey..How come 110 is a short working trip svc when it operate like a normal svc?17A also wrong,it should be M.

  • gekpohboy's Avatar
    2,180 posts since Mar '16
    • I am sorry, but the honeymoon period is over.

      After the last BSEP bus service is launched, there may be a consolidation of resources to optimise bus service.

      In other words, bus routes may merge.

      Edited by gekpohboy 14 Sep `17, 8:28PM
  • SBS2609H's Avatar
    79 posts since Aug '16
    • Originally posted by autumncs:

      The next 3 services are probably 68, 71 and 137... (I remember someone mentioning 137 previously.) We will see what happens when DTL3 opens next month.

      Hopefully, after 80 new routes under BSEP, LTA will continue to introduce new routes...

      Service 270 for Ang Mo Kio feeder service. I don't think there will be a new service 68 in future.

  • array88's Avatar
    1,403 posts since May '14
    • For a moment I thought 807 was great as a replacement for 860, until I realized how much it duplicated 812...

  • SMB1368T's Avatar
    1,145 posts since Mar '16
  • ButIAmAToilet's Avatar
    331 posts since Jun '14
    • No one noticed the part where 807 shift the pax from SBW Rd/St 71 to Khatib instead of waiting for 171/800 and squeeze everyone at Yishun?

      860 should have extend long time ago IMO

  • TIB 585L's Avatar
    9,145 posts since Apr '11
    • Originally posted by SBS2609H:

      Service 270 for Ang Mo Kio feeder service. I don't think there will be a new service 68 in future.


      270 shld put at Bukit Merah and the new feeder numbered 263,264,266 or 267 lol. LTA fail liao

  • TPS Timothy Mok's Avatar
    1,147 posts since Aug '07
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      I used to email LTA about extending 860 to AMK Int via Springleaf/AMK Ave 5 but it turn out to be YCK Int instead.

      There is 138. But I think since 138 cannot use double decker, and also 860 can provide direct link to Yio Chu Kang MRT from Ang Mo Kio Block 151.

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,326 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by TPS Timothy Mok:

      There is 138. But I think since 138 cannot use double decker, and also 860 can provide direct link to Yio Chu Kang MRT from Ang Mo Kio Block 151.

      πŸ–•πŸΌπŸ–•πŸΌ

  • iveco's Avatar
    17,091 posts since Mar '04
    • Originally posted by AntiDennisLance:

      I'm sorry but this seriously looks like the results of some kid at LTA playing real-life fantasy bus routes game.

      860 merge with 825 makes more sense.

    • Originally posted by TIB 585L:


      270 shld put at Bukit Merah and the new feeder numbered 263,264,266 or 267 lol. LTA fail liao

      Better to use 260 instead, since 26* series earmarked for AMK feeders.

  • Vampire77lim's Avatar
    112 posts since Nov '16
    • LTA is rojia 137 mind not at sengroon package   lta  mind  put 44 or 1 and the area of  there  don't have any bigger number  from sbstransit   

      For the bus service lta said  that on email THAT is sending  

  • CZT's Avatar
    498 posts since Jun '16
    • Originally posted by iveco:

      860 merge with 825 makes more sense.

      No leh, i think that YCK road --> amk ave 6 --> yck used by 825 is planned to be duplicated by the proposed 71. 825 might be withdrawn once lentor MRT is up, but i may be wrong, coz people needs connection to MRT stations. The planning for 860 i feel is good

      Also doesnt make sense to make a DD to turn rounds in Lentor Estate, but unless can fit, it would be good that future trunks can ply lentor estate the way 123 plys bkt prumei

  • Sbs6750E's Avatar
    1,930 posts since May '15
  • TPS Timothy Mok's Avatar
    1,147 posts since Aug '07
    • Originally posted by CZT:

      No leh, i think that YCK road --> amk ave 6 --> yck used by 825 is planned to be duplicated by the proposed 71. 825 might be withdrawn once lentor MRT is up, but i may be wrong, coz people needs connection to MRT stations. The planning for 860 i feel is good

      Also doesnt make sense to make a DD to turn rounds in Lentor Estate, but unless can fit, it would be good that future trunks can ply lentor estate the way 123 plys bkt prumei

      Service 825 will still be around. Guess that service 71 is happy to take over the afternoon duty of 529.

  • Sbeesg's Avatar
    17 posts since Oct '14
    • Edited: New bus stop shelter being constructed at Kaki Bukit Ave 2 (outside Kaki Bukit Autohub).

      Guess new or amended bus service plying around K.B Industrial areas.

       

      Edited by Sbeesg 19 Sep `17, 2:03PM
  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,326 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by Sbeesg:

      New bus stop shelter being constructed at Kaki Bukit Ave 2 (outside Kaki Bukit Autobay).

      Guess new or amended bus service plying around K.B Industrial areas.

       

      Guess for the new 137 which originated from Sims Place Terminal..last 2 weeks saw SBS5138E with few BCs on board use that road.

  • Vampire77lim's Avatar
    112 posts since Nov '16
  • TIB987K's Avatar
    1,929 posts since Oct '12
    • Originally posted by Sbeesg:

      New bus stop shelter being constructed at Kaki Bukit Ave 2 (outside Kaki Bukit Autobay).

      Guess new or amended bus service plying around K.B Industrial areas.

       

      I don't think its the right building you have stated.

      Reason is AutoBay @ Kaki Bukit is along Kaki Bukit Avenue 6 and Kaki Bukit AutoHub is along Kaki Bukit Avenue 2.

      Edited by TIB987K 19 Sep `17, 12:05PM
    • Originally posted by Vampire77lim:

      Guess lta for the bus service58 to kaki bukit AVE 2 

      One, your font size is too large and two, what do you mean?

      Are you saying Service 58 route will be amended via Kaki Bukit Avenue 2?

      Edited by TIB987K 19 Sep `17, 12:05PM
  • autumncs's Avatar
    421 posts since Oct '06
    • Originally posted by Vampire77lim:

      Guess lta for the bus service58 to kaki bukit AVE 2 

      This forum can increase font size one ah? I don't know that!

    • Originally posted by Sbeesg:

      New bus stop shelter being constructed at Kaki Bukit Ave 2 (outside Kaki Bukit Autobay).

      Guess new or amended bus service plying around K.B Industrial areas.

       

      I guess svc 228 would be extended to Kaki Bukit, or a new svc 137 would serve Kaki Bukit.

  • Path Light's Avatar
    1,801 posts since Feb '15
    • Originally posted by autumncs:

      The next 3 services are probably 68, 71 and 137... (I remember someone mentioning 137 previously.) We will see what happens when DTL3 opens next month.

      Hopefully, after 80 new routes under BSEP, LTA will continue to introduce new routes...

      137? Route info of 137?

  • Vampire77lim's Avatar
    112 posts since Nov '16
    • 137? Route info of 137? 

      Don't think that the lta can provide the bus service to get the area 

  • TPS Timothy Mok's Avatar
    1,147 posts since Aug '07
    • 972 to be diverted via Paterson Rd, Irwell Bank Rd, River Valley Rd, Oxley Rd, Somerset Rd, Grange Rd, Orchard Link, Orchard Rd eastbound.

      972 to be diverted via Penang Rd, Oxley Rd, River Valley Rd, Hoot Kiam Rd, Paterson Rd westbound.

      190M should start at Oxley Rd, and go to Somerset MRT Station to compensate the loss and reduce overcrowding.

      Edited by TPS Timothy Mok 19 Sep `17, 2:33PM
Please Login or Signup to reply.