21 May, 01:08PM in sunny Singapore!

New Bus Services Announced by LTA/PTOs (Part 3)

Subscribe to New Bus Services Announced by LTA/PTOs (Part 3) 1,603 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    690 posts since Oct '17
    1,983 posts since May '15
    • Originally posted by JKYY:

But 107 already does not receive a very high demand

70e - used to supplement Yio Chu Kang - Serangoon sector and Paya Lebar - Shenton Way sector.

80e - Sengkang and Hougang express to North Bridge onwards via Upp Serangoon viaduct, Bendemeer Rd and Lavender St?

70e express after yck link then CTE/PIE then Sims Way. 80e can chiong KPE after Hougang Ctrl.

690 posts since Oct '17
    • Originally posted by Sbs6750E:

70e express after yck link then CTE/PIE then Sims Way. 80e can chiong KPE after Hougang Ctrl.

80e sounds good. exit at sims way then follow original routing (maybe limited-stop) via kallang.

Edited by JKYY 17 Jan `18, 8:46PM
    226 posts since Jun '17

so like operating in 2 loops basically

Clementi >>> Clarke Quay > Off Service > Clementi ........

Clarke Quay >>> Clementi > Off Service > Clarke Quay ........

no what i meant is Clementi > Clarke Quay > unknown sector (loop) > Clarke Quay > Clementi

1,261 posts since Mar '16
    • Hope more express svcs are coming up

Anyway this will be my last ever post on this bus forum. I am leaving this hobby. I have decided to move on other things I am much interested now. It was nice getting to know what is going on here, but now my time is up. Its time for me to do something I love more in life. Till then, so long everyone

1,493 posts since May '14

But 107 already does not receive a very high demand

70e - used to supplement Yio Chu Kang - Serangoon sector and Paya Lebar - Shenton Way sector.

80e - Sengkang and Hougang express to North Bridge onwards via Upp Serangoon viaduct, Bendemeer Rd and Lavender St?

107 does not have high demand because its route takes much longer time than NEL. That will change when it becomes express

226 posts since Jun '17
    • New Limited Stop Service 12e

From Saturday, 28 January 2018, Service 12e will be introduced as a limited stop service, providing a faster connection from Pasir Ris, Tampines, Simei and Bedok to Bugis, Clarke Quay and Chinatown. Do take note that distance fares for express services will be charged.

https://assets.goaheadbus.com/media/cms_page_media/3651/SG%20Bus_New%20Bus%20Service_%20Svc%2012e%20FINAL.pdf

• Watch out for another new service to be announced

1,251 posts since Aug '07
    • 147e should be extended to terminate at Temasek Boulevard (Suntec Tower Three) instead. Serve office workers too via Pickering St, Church St, Marina Blvd, Bayfront Ave and not stopping at Temasek Ave. Or like that might as well renumber to 148.

Edited by TPS Timothy Mok 18 Jan `18, 11:05AM
    1,493 posts since May '14
    • Originally posted by SBS2792K:

Watch out for another new service to be announced

Also express?

On a side note, I feel 14e should be converted to full-day service similar to 12e and 147e. There's surely demand to Orchard on weekends.

Edited by array88 18 Jan `18, 11:19AM
    • Originally posted by TPS Timothy Mok:

147e should be extended to terminate at Temasek Boulevard (Suntec Tower Three) instead. Serve office workers too via Pickering St, Church St, Marina Blvd, Bayfront Ave and not stopping at Temasek Ave. Or like that might as well renumber to 148.

Guess LTA doesn't want 147e to vary too much from the current 147. Or else we would see 147e using CTE to Clarke Quay first and then go backwards to Outram Park, instead of following 147's route.

2,394 posts since Nov '05

New Limited Stop Service 12e

From Saturday, 28 January 2018, Service 12e will be introduced as a limited stop service, providing a faster connection from Pasir Ris, Tampines, Simei and Bedok to Bugis, Clarke Quay and Chinatown. Do take note that distance fares for express services will be charged.

https://assets.goaheadbus.com/media/cms_page_media/3651/SG%20Bus_New%20Bus%20Service_%20Svc%2012e%20FINAL.pdf

12e and 147e are long overdue routes. This is the type of all-day limited stop services that have been popular in Perth and Adelaide in Australia and helps commuters shave time off their journey.

3,090 posts since Nov '13

New Limited Stop Service 12e

Hi mr SBS2792K, the intention is good. However I think 12e is still not fast enough in terms of express. Should have shut out some more bus stops in pasir ris, tampines, Simei and bedok. Cheers. Thanks.

226 posts since Jun '17
    • Originally posted by array88:

Also express?

On a side note, I feel 14e should be converted to full-day service similar to 12e and 147e. There's surely demand to Orchard on weekends.

trunk... but not sure if delay or not

448 posts since Oct '06
    • Originally posted by sgbuses:

12e and 147e are long overdue routes. This is the type of all-day limited stop services that have been popular in Perth and Adelaide in Australia and helps commuters shave time off their journey.

All-day limited stop bus services that run parallel to train lines are also very popular in Hong Kong, where the MTR, buses and minibuses compete against one another for market share by offering fast and direct services.

It is good to see that Singapore is heading in a similar direction, where SBS transit and Go Ahead are competing with SMRT by introducing 147e and 12e.

If SMRT and SBS Transit are unwilling to introduce express bus services running parallel to their MRT lines, other operators should come in to compete, so that the winners are the commuters. (I am eager to see Go Ahead introducing express services from Punggol to compete with SBST's NEL.)

• Originally posted by array88:

Also express?

Yeah... 14e deserves to be full-day.

I feel that 30e should also be converted to full-day service, and extended to Boon Lay via West Coast Highway or AYE.

The Jurong area has so many industries, schools/institutions, and military camps. Jurong also has a huge resident population. Full-day express services between Boon Lay and central/eastern Singapore would be good. 

690 posts since Oct '17
    • Originally posted by autumncs:

All-day limited stop bus services that run parallel to train lines are also very popular in Hong Kong, where the MTR, buses and minibuses compete against one another for market share by offering fast and direct services.

It is good to see that Singapore is heading in a similar direction, where SBS transit and Go Ahead are competing with SMRT by introducing 147e and 12e.

If SMRT and SBS Transit are unwilling to introduce express bus services running parallel to their MRT lines, other operators should come in to compete, so that the winners are the commuters. (I am eager to see Go Ahead introducing express services from Punggol to compete with SBST's NEL.)

Agreed. Hmm but hope the demand is not like Service 128 (trunk service some more)...

1,677 posts since Aug '07
    21,535 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by autumncs:

You forgotten that route are from LTA not operators anymore.

I feel that another full day e service will also come from SMRT (Sembawang or Woodlands) & TTS (Bukit Batok or Jurong East) later.

2,276 posts since Dec '12
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

You forgotten that route are from LTA not operators anymore.

I feel that another full day e service will also come from SMRT (Sembawang or Woodlands) & TTS (Bukit Batok or Jurong East) later.

851E or 167E?

323 posts since Oct '14
    • I was thinking would it have been better if 12e and 147e gets merged as a single service and be renumbered to express 517 so it becomes Pasir Ris - Clementi? At least this enhances connectivity between Pasir Ris and the west as EWL is currently the only way to travel to the west via public transport. More importantly it will serve as an EWL shuttle for people travelling to and from east and west..

Edited by Marvel68 18 Jan `18, 8:31PM
    10,657 posts since May '12
    • Originally posted by Marvel68:

I was thinking would it have been better if 12e and 147e gets merged as a single service and be renumbered to express 517 so it becomes Pasir Ris - Clementi? At least this enhances connectivity between Pasir Ris and the west as EWL is currently the only way to travel to the west via public transport. More importantly it will serve as an EWL shuttle for people travelling to and from east and west..

It's a good idea actually. 

226 posts since Jun '17
    • Originally posted by Marvel68:

I was thinking would it have been better if 12e and 147e gets merged as a single service and be renumbered to express 517 so it becomes Pasir Ris - Clementi? At least this enhances connectivity between Pasir Ris and the west as EWL is currently the only way to travel to the west via public transport. More importantly it will serve as an EWL shuttle for people travelling to and from east and west..

actually feasible since 12e and 147e are both introduced as a backup in the event of MRT breakdown

21,535 posts since Nov '03
    • Got a feeling 12e will be using Volvo B9TL & MAN A95.

SG5914T & SG5915R will be the buses for BC familiarize 

2,252 posts since Oct '12
Please Login or Signup to reply.