27 Apr, 05:13AM in sunny Singapore!

Bus Contracting Model (Part 3)

Subscribe to Bus Contracting Model (Part 3) 223 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • AntiDennisLance's Avatar
    1,155 posts since Jul '03
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      Unfair is it?Hope SBW-YIS either TTS or GAS get it..If possible those NSL give GAS operate for 5 years

      Any operator other than SMRT would be fine.  TTS would be good coz then they can put in E500.  Not that E500 is better than B9 or anything but having variety will be a nice luxury.

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    21,313 posts since Nov '03
  • SMB1368T's Avatar
    1,257 posts since Mar '16
    • What he means is that he want services to be full of different buses. For example 980 is always stuck with OCs and A22s, so in the way putting other buses like taros, E500 & B9TL would make more sense

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    21,313 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by SMB1368T:

      What he means is that he want services to be full of different buses. For example 980 is always stuck with OCs and A22s, so in the way putting other buses like taros, E500 & B9TL would make more sense

      Of course la,if that package include OCs too

  • iveco's Avatar
    17,245 posts since Mar '04
    • Routes that need to be swapped in and out to cut down on dead miles:

      Bulim:

      96 to Clementi

      99 from Clementi

      Loyang:

      136 to Bishan

      21 from Bishan

      Seletar:

      851, 852 to Sembawang

      169, 825 from Sembawang

      Bukit Merah

      5 to Tampines

      145 to Bishan

      65 from Tampines

      132 from Hougang

      Sembawang:

      169, 825 to Seletar

      110 to Hougang

      851, 852 from Seletar

      117 from Hougang

      Hougang:

      117 to Sembawang

      132 to Bukit Merah

      110 from Sembawang

      50 from Bishan

      Tampines:

      65 to Bukit Merah

      5 from Bukit Merah

      Jurong:

      185 to Clementi

      174 from Clementi

      Clementi:

      99 to Bulim

      166 to Bishan

      174 to Jurong

      96 from Bulim

      52 from Bishan

      185 from Jurong

      Bishan:

      50 to Hougang

      52 to Clementi

      21 to Loyang

      145 from Bukit Merah

      166 from Clementi

      136 from Loyang

       

       

       

      Edited by iveco 19 Mar `18, 10:44PM
  • p228's Avatar
    641 posts since Mar '08
    • Originally posted by SMB1368T:

      What he means is that he want services to be full of different buses. For example 980 is always stuck with OCs and A22s, so in the way putting other buses like taros, E500 & B9TL would make more sense

      Not true. There are a handful of Citaros on 980.

  • SMB1368T's Avatar
    1,257 posts since Mar '16
  • carbikebus's Avatar
    21,313 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by SMB1368T:

      In any way you get the point that some of us want more

      Beside OC,A22 and Citaro you want E500 and A95 also?

  • SMB1368T's Avatar
    1,257 posts since Mar '16
  • A22 fan's Avatar
    270 posts since Jul '17
  • SBS1Z's Avatar
    78 posts since Feb '18
  • carbikebus's Avatar
    21,313 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by SBS1Z:

      is it just me or GAS buses are getting louder & louder?

      As usual,TTS and SMRT buses also have loud radiator and engine sound. ..Most buses are all second hand mah,The buses operate at least 18 hours per day

  • SBS2792K's Avatar
    222 posts since Jun '17
    • From 27/3/2018

      SBST will be adding 2 additional trips on Service 850E in the morning peak period. There will be a total of 8 trips in the morning. Departures from Blk 432C will be from 0710-0750
  • carbikebus's Avatar
    21,313 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by SBS2792K:
      From 27/3/2018

      SBST will be adding 2 additional trips on Service 850E in the morning peak period. There will be a total of 8 trips in the morning. Departures from Blk 432C will be from 0710-0750

      LTA add not SBST
  • SMB145B's Avatar
    2,270 posts since Dec '12
  • carbikebus's Avatar
    21,313 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by SMB145B:

      eh 850E also went under SBST?

      Ah bo then..

      800,803,804,805,806,807,811,812,851,852 & 860.

      They shouldn't have touched 851 and 852.LTA can replace with 825 & 857.

  • SMB145B's Avatar
    2,270 posts since Dec '12
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      Ah bo then..

      800,803,804,805,806,807,811,812,851,852 & 860.

      They shouldn't have touched 851 and 852.LTA can replace with 825 & 857.

      someone asking 169 under here.

      good that some DDs can be used

      i am ok with 857 here but leave 825 aside.

  • lemon1974's Avatar
    9,561 posts since Dec '04
    • Originally posted by SBS2792K:
      From 27/3/2018

      SBST will be adding 2 additional trips on Service 850E in the morning peak period. There will be a total of 8 trips in the morning. Departures from Blk 432C will be from 0710-0750

      so 8 DDs for 850E? no crossover to other services? 

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    21,313 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by lemon1974:

      so 8 DDs for 850E? no crossover to other services? 

      Should be majority DD

  • SBS1Z's Avatar
    78 posts since Feb '18
  • lemon1974's Avatar
    9,561 posts since Dec '04
    • Originally posted by SBS1Z:

      I think 850E might perform downroutes as 70 after terminating in the city 

      All 8 buses do sv70? I think 2 of them should cross to sv70 , 2 to sv133 n 2 to sv851

      evening peak think still 2 trips. So 6 buses can do sv70/133/851 during evening peak

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    21,313 posts since Nov '03
  • p228's Avatar
    641 posts since Mar '08
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      Wait and see better,8 trips is quite a lot for 850E

      There is seriously no need for 850E to have additional trips. Status quo would already have been enough. Don't know what SBST trying to do. After taking over 807, announce extend the last bus timing. Now add trips for 850E.

      Trying to spite the previous operator (SMRT)?

  • lemon1974's Avatar
    9,561 posts since Dec '04
    • Originally posted by p228:

      There is seriously no need for 850E to have additional trips. Status quo would already have been enough. Don't know what SBST trying to do. After taking over 807, announce extend the last bus timing. Now add trips for 850E.

      Trying to spite the previous operator (SMRT)?

      807 is feeder and thus last bus should match the MRT timing... LTA is already wrong to end 807 at 1130 when they introduce it....

      and these extension of timing/additional of trips are determined by those LTA scholars.... not by SBST..

  • TIB987K's Avatar
    2,194 posts since Oct '12
Please Login or Signup to reply.