23 Oct, 02:26PM in sunny Singapore!
Home Race Track

Naked bikes/Cagiva Planet/Kawasaki Victor-M

Subscribe to Naked bikes/Cagiva Planet/Kawasaki Victor-M 23 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    905 posts since Nov '01
    • calling all cagiva planet riders! and the rare victor riders (do you even exist?!?)! guys this is a long post, but please bear with me. i'm currently taking 2B lessons now, so i'm exploring some options for the bike to get. i'm kinda attracted to "naked" bikes, or some might call them cruisers, like the super-four. sad to say, choices in the 2B category are few and expensive.

first off my liking of such bikes is not purely for cosmetic reasons, though i admit a part of it is. i guess these bikes have the advantage of a lower insurance premium (compared to sportsbikes, esp for new riders), less chance of being revved at the traffic light, and more power (when compared to choppers like phantom).

so far my choices are (damn few),

Cagiva Planet: 125cc, 2-stroke.

pros: cosmetics wise, i love this bike. good handling, and packs quite a bit of power for its size. head-turner. parts available in singapore (moot point i think when i talk abt the cons later) uh.. if i get this bike, i'll prob not upgrade that fast.

cons: bloody expensive, as are the parts. after all, it's an italian bike. either i'll die maintaining it, or i'll die repairing it. hmmm... no idea if it guzzles petrol and 2T like mad either. reliability is not assured. no kickstarter (you may wonder why, a friend of mine had an aprilia, which he could not afford to fix, push started it for 3 weeks...). on the whole the maintainence and reliability of the bike is holding me back.

would any planet riders step forward and give some comments? what's the fuel efficiency like?

Kawasaki Victor-M: 150cc, 2-stroke.

pros: looks really good for a 2B cruiser. pity i can't display the pic here. friend of mine says it's a pretty fast bike. and according to some singapore website, it retails new at $4k.

cons: apart from beat-up JB versions, i haven't seen a single one on the road before. even the ones at "motor-tiams" are beat-up, which makes buying second-hand difficult. i intend to upgrade, so i'll get a second-hander. since so many guest workers are riding this bike, would it be prone to theft? parts maybe? according to a friend, kawasaki has no parts dealer in singapore, or rather the parts are hard to find, and even in JB, it's more expensive compared to other bikes. is that so?

can any riders of this bike comment? *crosses fingers and prays fervently* what's the fuel efficiency like? where do kawasaki riders get their parts from? like the KRRs, KDXs and the ZXs??

last option:
      RXZ with the head-fairing removed (think it's ugly as shite with the head fairing, no offence meant! =P)

i've gotten all these info, some from hearsay and mostly from the Internet. i could well be wrong, so guys, feel free to educate me! what other cruisers are there in the market that a 2B rider can buy? there's also the bandit, but suzuki just had to add 47cc extra to that bike... dammit... anyway, the rest of the "big four" don't make any cruisers for 2B, do they?

Sad

------------------
      rock hard... ride free...

1,061 posts since Sep '01
    • my fren riding a planet.
      nvr had any problems except the 1st time when left at frens house for 2 weeks later cannot start coz batt no power.

then recently he go NS, come out oso canot start coz carb flooded.

otherwise no probs at all.

pipe oso tong liao Smile

he is thinking of selling it now. coz he wanna get 2a.

------------------
      vroom...tingtingtingtingti...vroom~

905 posts since Nov '01
    • Originally posted by kof-guy:
      my fren riding a planet.
      nvr had any problems except the 1st time when left at frens house for 2 weeks later cannot start coz batt no power.

then recently he go NS, come out oso canot start coz carb flooded.

otherwise no probs at all.

pipe oso tong liao Smile

he is thinking of selling it now. coz he wanna get 2a.

sigh... italian bikes... i think i'd better not get one. back to the woodshed to explore my options!

------------------

• guys... check this out...

http://www.hyosungmotors.com.au/gt250.html

they just had to do what suzuki did with the bandit! argh! Mad just when i thought i could finally get that TWO-BEE cruiser!! Mad what's that stupid extra 49cc for?!?! what's with LTA here?!?! why must TWO-BEE be 200cc and below!!!? argh! Mad *tugs at hair*

phew.. finally got it out... Sad

------------------

388 posts since Nov '01
    • I think you should just get a simple rxk, ride for 1-year, then get a CB400 VTEC. No point thinking so much about it. Start saving money for the VTEC ($12k) and your class 2A lessons....

262 posts since Oct '01
    • Originally posted by Imaginary:
      I think you should just get a simple rxk, ride for 1-year, then get a CB400 VTEC. No point thinking so much about it. Start saving money for the VTEC ($12k) and your class 2A lessons....

Oh...btw ther is a new breed of v-tec coming to s'pore....its the v-tec spec2....earlier valve opening....n dunno wat lah...but coming i late...

------------------
      RiDe SaFeLy...StAy AlIve..
      SpEeDiNg..KILLS!!

3,136 posts since Jul '01
    • Originally posted by l3stat:
      calling all cagiva planet riders! and the rare victor riders (do you even exist?!?)! guys this is a long post, but please bear with me. i'm currently taking 2B lessons now, so i'm exploring some options for the bike to get. i'm kinda attracted to "naked" bikes, or some might call them cruisers, like the super-four. sad to say, choices in the 2B category are few and expensive.

first off my liking of such bikes is not purely for cosmetic reasons, though i admit a part of it is. i guess these bikes have the advantage of a lower insurance premium (compared to sportsbikes, esp for new riders), less chance of being revved at the traffic light, and more power (when compared to choppers like phantom).

so far my choices are (damn few),

Cagiva Planet: 125cc, 2-stroke.

pros: cosmetics wise, i love this bike. good handling, and packs quite a bit of power for its size. head-turner. parts available in singapore (moot point i think when i talk abt the cons later) uh.. if i get this bike, i'll prob not upgrade that fast.

cons: bloody expensive, as are the parts. after all, it's an italian bike. either i'll die maintaining it, or i'll die repairing it. hmmm... no idea if it guzzles petrol and 2T like mad either. reliability is not assured. no kickstarter (you may wonder why, a friend of mine had an aprilia, which he could not afford to fix, push started it for 3 weeks...). on the whole the maintainence and reliability of the bike is holding me back.

would any planet riders step forward and give some comments? what's the fuel efficiency like?

Kawasaki Victor-M: 150cc, 2-stroke.

pros: looks really good for a 2B cruiser. pity i can't display the pic here. friend of mine says it's a pretty fast bike. and according to some singapore website, it retails new at $4k.

cons: apart from beat-up JB versions, i haven't seen a single one on the road before. even the ones at "motor-tiams" are beat-up, which makes buying second-hand difficult. i intend to upgrade, so i'll get a second-hander. since so many guest workers are riding this bike, would it be prone to theft? parts maybe? according to a friend, kawasaki has no parts dealer in singapore, or rather the parts are hard to find, and even in JB, it's more expensive compared to other bikes. is that so?

can any riders of this bike comment? *crosses fingers and prays fervently* what's the fuel efficiency like? where do kawasaki riders get their parts from? like the KRRs, KDXs and the ZXs??

last option:
      RXZ with the head-fairing removed (think it's ugly as shite with the head fairing, no offence meant! =P)

i've gotten all these info, some from hearsay and mostly from the Internet. i could well be wrong, so guys, feel free to educate me! what other cruisers are there in the market that a 2B rider can buy? there's also the bandit, but suzuki just had to add 47cc extra to that bike... dammit... anyway, the rest of the "big four" don't make any cruisers for 2B, do they?

Sad

victor have, just now saw at east point

and guess wad its sg plate!!!

FK plate, the victor looks damn funnie coz it is in shell advance paint, kinda weird seeing that paintwork on that bike...

actually if u like "kut tauh chia", yamaha got one, but duno wad model, something abit thinner than planet but fatter than victor,

saw one at tampines industrial park behind tamp ITE, it is abandoned behind a shop and also saw one at ah hai there, fully chrome, single seater

1,506 posts since Sep '01
    • Originally posted by ah_tee:

FK plate, the victor looks damn funnie coz it is in shell advance paint, kinda weird seeing that paintwork on that bike...

actually if u like "kut tauh chia", yamaha got one, but duno wad model, something abit thinner than planet but fatter than victor,

saw one at tampines industrial park behind tamp ITE, it is abandoned behind a shop and also saw one at ah hai there, fully chrome, single seater

?? lc?? fz150 ?????

------------------
      "....valve engaged...."
      here we go zero ^^

• Originally posted by ZecHs:
      ?? lc?? fz150 ?????

cant be Lc, look like TZR oil tank one

905 posts since Nov '01

hey everyone! haha guess what?! i just saw a singaporean victor in good condition too siah! hahaha at killeney kopitiam with my friend... green painwork, FT plate. hmm... got chance got chance... Very Happy

ah tee you got time can help me check which bike that is? thanks hor!

i think i shd get either yamaha or honda, for reliability/low maintenance and resale value i guess... thanks everyone for the input!

------------------

• Originally posted by Imaginary:
      I think you should just get a simple rxk, ride for 1-year, then get a CB400 VTEC. No point thinking so much about it. Start saving money for the VTEC ($12k) and your class 2A lessons....

hmm... i did think about that... but that bike really looks flimsy to me, like a RXZ. i won't feel safe when i'm travelling on that bike... but of course vanity plays a part too! Very Happy

------------------

hey everyone! haha guess what?! i just saw a singaporean victor in good condition too siah! hahaha at killeney kopitiam with my friend... green painwork, FT plate. hmm... got chance got chance... Very Happy

ah tee you got time can help me check which bike that is? thanks hor!

i think i shd get either yamaha or honda, for reliability/low maintenance and resale value i guess... thanks everyone for the input!

hhhmmm, think that its quite old liao, got new one then get new one lo, but i feel that this type of bike is quite risky in corners,

will help u ask later....but i will still rather u get a first hand one coz will save u alot if work,

905 posts since Nov '01
    • ah-tee, some links i found...

an argentinian website for yamaha
      http://www.yamaha-motor.com.ar/calle.htm don't think this is the one you saw...

is this the one? it's a "RZ-125", looks like a RXZ without the head. is this bike called differently here in singapore?
      http://www5d.biglobe.ne.jp/~katono/parkinglot/RZ125.htm

the owner of the site labelled this as a RZ125. in contrast to the one above, i think he changed the headlight to a round one here, and added the air intake thing near the engine. is this the one?

an even smaller RZ model... japanese site. at least this one is closer to your description of a single seater.

------------------

[This message has been edited by l3stat (edited 04 January 2002).]

905 posts since Nov '01
    1,506 posts since Sep '01
      cant be Lc, look like TZR oil tank one

den should b fz150 or fz150 breeze

------------------
      pehhhhhh.......peh pehhhhhhhhh.....peh peh pehhhhhhhhhhhhh~

5 posts since Oct '01
    • hi, i’ve been riding a planet for the past one and half yr, so far so good. u can consider getting one.

58 posts since Dec '01
    • wah l3stat, dun wanna nsr150sp liao ah?

i doing my prac 4... dis week will b third time on prac 4 liao. some1 i know, do first time clear prac 4! Mad damn jealous.

[This message has been edited by more_salt (edited 07 January 2002).]

905 posts since Nov '01
    • Originally posted by more_salt:
      wah l3stat, dun wanna nsr150sp liao ah?

i doing my prac 4... dis week will b third time on prac 4 liao. some1 i know, do first time clear prac 4! Mad damn jealous.

[This message has been edited by more_salt (edited 07 January 2002).]

yah.. dunno why lar.. sports bikes just lost their appeal to me. i'm looking more for a comfy ride liao lor. or at least naked power... Very Happy i just passed prac. 4 today, Very Happy booked prac. 5 on thursday night.. yeay! completed prac. 3 and 4 in one go, and within 2 days of each other! Very Happy hehe.. think i quite lucky... hopefully RTT pass... if not... SIGH...

don't lose hope! keep it up man! which obstacle do you keep getting stuck at??

------------------

• Originally posted by bubbleblue:
      hi, i've been riding a planet for the past one and half yr, so far so good. u can consider getting one.

hi there.. how much do you have to shell out for a new planet? OTR that is?

oh and what's the fuel consumption like? what do you normally service per month (or rather what breaks down?) and how much does it cost you?

------------------

[This message has been edited by l3stat (edited 07 January 2002).]

58 posts since Dec '01

aiyah, i do my plank, slalom, ebrake all ok leh , i think. the instructors din correct me or anything leh. dunno lah just keep going loh.

anyway, had a look at dat cagiva planet pic. wah, not bad, quite nice. looks comfortable. Very Happy

aiyah, i do my plank, slalom, ebrake all ok leh , i think. the instructors din correct me or anything leh. dunno lah just keep going loh.

anyway, had a look at dat cagiva planet pic. wah, not bad, quite nice. looks comfortable. Very Happy

905 posts since Nov '01
    • Originally posted by more_salt:

ooooh... you'll surely clear it this time round! no worries man! i used to have a very rushed attitude to it, but i'm beginning to enjoy lessons. you'll end up better prepared for the big thing too! Very Happy

anyway, yeah the planet is a nice bike. mini-monster/bandit look-alike. pity it's italian. i know i'm making a sweeping statement here, but i think i'm right when i say that maintenance costs would be high. don't think i can afford that kind of cash. wonder what the fuel efficiency is like too. gotta wait for bubble to reply about that...

------------------

Please Login or Signup to reply.