26 Nov, 10:43PM in sunny Singapore!

Oily Man

Subscribe to Oily Man 31 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    4,778 posts since May '03
    • I saw this reply in one of the discussion threads pertaining to the Oily Man in SPI's forum..

"hmm..my uncle house have..that time i go back there in malaysia... saw a few times.. was curious so i ask my aunty, she says its the oily man.! then i ask her why she don want like do something to get rid of that but my aunty says the orang minyak don harm ppl..they are out to search for food at night only"

The Oily Man comes out at night to search for food?? I tot that they came out to do other stuff?? ( Like peeping at women bathing? I read this somewhere..) I also read before that the Oily Man is just a normal person, who applies a special kind of oil so that he cannot be caught?

Anyone knows about this?

149,791 posts since Feb '01
    • well, according to the old malay movies, the Orang Minyak are evil things....

they'll go around accosting and molesting women..

they are mostly invisible to people after the evil bomoh cover themselves with some magical oily (thus the Oily Man)

in the movies, they can (i laughed my head off even then when i was about 10) be defeated if they are covered with batik (which exposes them) then bitten on the left thumb.. that will be a fatal wound to the Orang Minyak

that much, was learnt from the old malay movies Laughing

• Originally posted by the Bear:
      well, according to the old malay movies, the Orang Minyak are evil things....

they'll go around accosting and molesting women..

they are mostly invisible to people after the evil bomoh cover themselves with some magical oily (thus the Oily Man)

in the movies, they can (i laughed my head off even then when i was about 10) be defeated if they are covered with batik (which exposes them) then bitten on the left thumb.. that will be a fatal wound to the Orang Minyak

that much, was learnt from the old malay movies Laughing

Haha, oh well.

I guess these ways to kill the Oily Man are derived from actual methods. Either that, or the scriptwriters made them up.

• I made a search in the net and found these:

"Orang minyaks are known rapists. They rape only virgin girls and most of the times the girl is raped in their own homes. It is said that after raping 49 girls the orang minyak is imbued with black magical powers.

Before raiding a home an orang minyak will mutter an incantation and throw sands and stones on the roof and, if the residense do not awaken, the orang minyak will break in.

However the orang minyaks are quite easily scared off. Just show them a lighter or a torch and they will run away very fast. Suspects of orang minyak rape cases are mostly living naked men who pour black oil over their bodies. Motives are mostly about satiating the sex drive and not the summoning of magical powers. However there are unsolved rape cases where the orang minyaks become thin air when chased after only to be heard from the next day.During the old times in villages where there is an orang minyak on the loose, people kept their daughters on house arrests to prevent them from being raped by the oilman."

Photo of villagers holding on to an oilyman in a bottle(?):
      Which beats me..If the Oily Man was a human after all, would he fit into a bottle, even with all that oil on??

149,791 posts since Feb '01
    • he's a normal person until that oil is smeared all over the body..

then he becomes some kinda supernatural being

614 posts since Mar '04
    • Oily man or wat we Malay called it, Orang Minyak, is actually human. But its also a ghost too in a sense. It's hard to explain but it status of either human or ghost is simillar to Penanggal or Kum Kum.

Penanggal is the flying head with intestines stucking out. It acually a guy turning to this ghost with work of black art. For imortallity maybe as what I hear.

Kum Kum is a a female vampire. She cursed cause of her ugly face. He have to wonder time to time untl she collected 22( or maybe i got the quantity wrong ) fresh young virgin blood. Then only she can break the spell which makes her ugly in the first place.

Anyway back to the topic about the oily man... how it's fitted into a small bottle is erm... I also dn't know. bt whoever want to find this thng, you can't. It doesn't exist in our modern life anymore. Yet if you believe that then you're easily to be fooled. ehem... there is a place I know which have the sightings of this oily man, but it was back in 2001. Not sure if there is nowaday.

The place is the Cemetery somewhere near Bugis Junction. Road name... Jalan Kubur. If you wish to see it also, you can't. The reports given was all females.

So my guessing is you have to be female and 100% alone at that time.

Again back to our chapter of Oily Man...
      What Pajero have stated was the actual facts of this Orang Minyak...
      I'm not sure if he have stated this cause I'm typing this offline now. The oily man does not go around killing people. They are actually 100% wth Gurantee stamp rapist. They go around rape girls, not sure is it virgin or not, or only have to be beautiful girl... but rest assure, they are rapist. And for what I know which is what most people also know, after the raping event. The draw an X on their victim face. Kinda like the marking saying, "YES!! I'VE SCORED!!!" or sumthing like that.

There are two thing which the oily man against. The 'Batik' cloth which can only capture it. Another is fire. DUH!!! But that won't kill it.

How it moves? Like a ninja... cannot even sense it.
      How it dissapears is really unique. What I heard is It blends itself in the darkness and POOF! INSTANT DAVID COPPERFIELF MAGICS!!!

Ok.. now I'm reading back what I've said and got me thinking. How the hell did I know all this in the first place.... Hahaha...

PJ... don't unexist this topic.... I still want to find out more about this horny ghost.... Anyone out there... If you have anything to say... or maybe photos associated with the oily man... please post em here.

Also, try not to discuss anything off topic iside here.... Thanks, and thank you PJ for opening this topic. Wink

• Originally posted by DeathScyth:
      and thank you PJ for opening this topic. Wink

Heh heh no prob dude.. Wink

• DS, you might be interested in this, I was surfing for the "Oily Man" on the net when i found this..

"Dr Nurul Rampak
      Director - SE Asian Cultural Studies
      University of Kuala Lumpur.

Dear Sir,

I am writing to you in your capacity as an expert in Malay folklore. I have an unusual request, so I hope you will indulge me in a brief explanation.

Last month, my wife Cathy and I were sightseeing somewhere southwest of the Cameron Highlands on the Malay Peninsula. I don’t know where exactly, as we became lost in the jungle while looking for a Buddhist temple.

Cathy persuaded me to stop at a particularly steep point on the trail to take some photos of a river visible through the canopy below. The creature was waiting for us next to the scooter when we returned.

Picture an otter without a tail standing on its hind legs, with a tiny human face and hands to match, and you’d have an idea of what it looked like. It was waist-high and held a staff in one hand, oiled fur glistening in the hot Malay sun.

We stared at the ‘Oily Man’ in astonishment before it pointed at Cathy and clutched its genitals with a leer. I moved in front of her and shook my head. I think he got the message, because he shrugged and pointed his staff at me. I only realised it was hollow just before the dart hit me in the thigh. I pulled it out straight away, but the poison spread quickly; a tingling sensation followed by numbness that rapidly deadened my leg.

Then the Oily Man turned its attention to Cathy, prodding her with his blowgun and making high-pitched yipping sounds. Cathy tried to frighten him away with the flash of her camera, but it didn’t work. He tripped her with the blowgun and immediately jumped on top of her, clearly sexually aroused. I limped towards them, but the Oily Man suddenly howled in pain and scampered into the jungle towards the river. Strangely, Cathy said she thought her wedding ring burned it.

I required a respirator to breathe by the time we reached the hospital, as the Doctors were unable to combat the neurotoxin from the dart. Fortunately, the poison wore off after three days in intensive care.

Returning to Australia, we tried to put the experience behind us, and the film stayed in the camera until last week. For some reason, the Oily Man is quite hazy in the photo attached, but it piqued my interest. After some investigation, I stumbled across the Malay folktale of the ‘Orang Minyak’ or Oily Man, a supernatural being that preys on the virtue of maidens.

Dr Rampak, can I request all information you have on the existence of the Orang Minyak for inclusion in a submission to the Malaysian government that I’m preparing? Tracking down this creature may be of profound anthropological significance, as there is no doubt we have travelled similar evolutionary paths.

I have also enclosed my toxicology results so you know this isn’t a hoax."

Yours sincerely,

Benjamin Noble.

Shocked I am amazed Shocked

Edited by PaJeRoMiNi Ver 1.0 08 Jul `04, 7:39PM
    • Here's more:

A New Paper Big Walk participant actually dressed up as an "Oily Man" in 1999 to participate in the event. Here's the extract from the article:

"Mr Ramli had impersonated an Orang Minyak or 'Oily Man' - a Malay legendary character - by sticking black tape on his face and smearing charcoal mixed with cooking oil over his body.

He had explained: 'This ugly man, who is under an evil spell, rapes virgin women so as to make himself a handsome man.'"

Huh? Now, I've never heard that one before..

614 posts since Mar '04
    • Well from the tale told... Can see that this ghost do come out when guys are around. And from the way I see it, it's immuned to stuff represent her of 'Not Single'.

But the thing about the story puzled me. Really arh? Rape a number of girl so can become handsome?? hmmm...

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

But the thing about the story puzled me. Really arh? Rape a number of girl so can become handsome?? hmmm...

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Muahahahahaha..
      I can see "i am twat" rubbing his hands in glee.. Twisted Evil

614 posts since Mar '04
    • This is something some one pass me from the Spi forum

Greetings and Salutations

To all SPI'ans reading this. I woul like to set the record clear about this myth of the fabled "Orang Minyak".

First of all this "Orang Minyak" is not of any unearthly or supernatural origin. It is a form of "ilmu" knowledge, whose origin is of a sinister nature. More associated with the dark arts usually.

Just like the fabled "Hantu Penanggal", the "Orang Minyak" is a man, whose quest to seek unearthly skills and powers by invoking the earth demon ("jembalang tanah") however in return for such abilities the demon usually requests in return to consummate with a virgin girl once every full moon ("Bulan Penuh"). Thus it is the demon which usually inhibit's the man's body, when he goes about raping virgin girls.

One more thing the oil that he coats himself with is the key to his seemingly unnatural abilities. The oil is made as per instructions by the earth demon, whose recipe and procedures is only known to a select few, has the ability to give one to perform unnatural feats, such as, invulnerability, invisibility, ability to camoulfage and blend with the night, agility and etc.

Well I hope this information could set the matter straight. I am just perturbed that many mythical creatures are being mis described and explained. It is time someone, who is well versed in the Occult to set the matter straight.

Regards,
      Clavicula Salomanis

614 posts since Mar '04
    • Originally posted by PaJeRoMiNi Ver 1.0:
      Clavicula Salomanis

Who is that?? Shocked

Don't know... who cares... LOL...
      Someone send me this info... the person say rip out from spi forum.

98 posts since Dec '02
    • eh.... i dunno leh this orang minyak......
      but my mama tell me b4... this guy rob and rape women....
      they can change their boby shape and form.... even a tiny hole they also can go through.......

eh..... i 1st time heard this orange minyak hor....
      if from the andy lau movie...

call DA ZHI LAO.... english name ar.... eh 4got liao

Edited by tidus_86 25 Jul `04, 3:29AM
    6,573 posts since Oct '02
    • Originally posted by tidus_86:
      eh.... i dunno leh this orang minyak......
      but my mama tell me b4... this guy rob and rape women....
      they can change their boby shape and form.... even a tiny hole they also can go through.......

eh..... i 1st time heard this orange minyak hor....
      if from the andy lau movie...

call DA ZHI LAO.... english name ar.... eh 4got liao

Running on Karma....

614 posts since Mar '04
    15,891 posts since May '03
    614 posts since Mar '04
    • maybe... don't know... you try be oily man lah... then meet me..

I'll bet I can make u evolved into the Human Torch... HAHAHA

366 posts since Feb '04
    • Lack enough data about the Orang minyak to make judgement.

It is most probably some joker who coats himself in grease to escape being caught.

614 posts since Mar '04
    • Originally posted by Sardaukar:
      Lack enough data about the Orang minyak to make judgement.

It is most probably some joker who coats himself in grease to escape being caught.

too bad ur thinking is like that...

366 posts since Feb '04
    • In need proof for myself to see whether or not Orang Minyak exists.If there are facts to back him up,then very well,I will believe based on the evidence and the proof.

So far,all I hear is hearsay and stories,nothing definitive or conclusive.

Btw,is there any news on the possible presence of these alleged Orang Minyaks in Singapore?I'd like to find the joker and throw some detergent in him,to degrease and see what insane fellow coats himself in oil and runs around naked.

As for the existence of ghosts,of course I take their existence as a fact.

68,077 posts since Feb '04
    614 posts since Mar '04
    • Originally posted by Sardaukar:
      Btw,is there any news on the possible presence of these alleged Orang Minyaks in Singapore?I'd like to find the joker and throw some detergent in him,to degrease and see what insane fellow coats himself in oil and runs around naked.

u?!! finding the oily man and face to face with it...
      hmmm... u afraid of pointianak... u SCARED to walk out of the cemetery alone, without asking someone to company u... u keep turning on the light when ur in the dark...

from these remarks, hmm... I see you got talent.
      I'l bet oily man won't die in flame crying... I'll bet he died laughing.

Face the truth bro... you are investigators, always stay in the lights... you are not like us, the real deal.

I believe I have said it out clearly to you. Best of luck on joining SPI in the fuure... if they ever want such a 'talented' person to have in their team. Oh... don't forget to show them ur fisherman boots ur wearing, and also here a tip... shine the light at the police again so this time you and your new team get screen by police, like u did to us.

PS: If back then you said u shone the patrol car purposedly so we kena scree, we don't give a damn cause that is the one and only time u will be in out outings.

To all the SGForum members.... sorrie if my words a bit harsh but I am sick and tired of this guy act so big, talk big where as in the end, he's just a guy with balls at his throat.

See Ya Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

366 posts since Feb '04
      u?!! finding the oily man and face to face with it...
      hmmm... u afraid of pointianak... u SCARED to walk out of the cemetery alone, without asking someone to company u... u keep turning on the light when ur in the dark...

from these remarks, hmm... I see you got talent.
      I'l bet oily man won't die in flame crying... I'll bet he died laughing.

Face the truth bro... you are investigators, always stay in the lights... you are not like us, the real deal.

I believe I have said it out clearly to you. Best of luck on joining SPI in the fuure... if they ever want such a 'talented' person to have in their team. Oh... don't forget to show them ur fisherman boots ur wearing, and also here a tip... shine the light at the police again so this time you and your new team get screen by police, like u did to us.

PS: If back then you said u shone the patrol car purposedly so we kena scree, we don't give a damn cause that is the one and only time u will be in out outings.

To all the SGForum members.... sorrie if my words a bit harsh but I am sick and tired of this guy act so big, talk big where as in the end, he's just a guy with balls at his throat.

See Ya Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

bloody hell,thats one low blow Deathscythe,got to give you respect for your skill in hitting things with a sledgehammer.no matter,only a broken ego on my part.I guess first impressions really do matter for you.sorry I wasn't up to standards on my first trip of this sort.You can either chalk it up to inexperience or stupidity or fear.

Edited by Sardaukar 04 Aug `04, 4:41PM
Please Login or Signup to reply.