23 Mar, 08:17AM in sunny Singapore!

Favourite Bible verse anyone?

Subscribe to Favourite Bible verse anyone? 40 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    1,419 posts since Nov '11
    3,110 posts since Dec '11
    • Originally posted by Tcmc:

Would like you guys to share Favourite verses?

Wah, no takers?

OK I support you.

My top of the line favourite verse is "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth...." Genesis 1:1

Everything else in the Bible flows from this verse.

• Rev 21:8

“But to the timid, the unbelievers, the evil, the defiled, murderers, sorcerers, fornicators, idol worshipers and all liars: their part is in the burning Lake of Fire and Brimstone, which is the second death.”

Mine is this.

• Originally posted by Tcmc:

Rev 21:8

“But to the timid, the unbelievers, the evil, the defiled, murderers, sorcerers, fornicators, idol worshipers and all liars: their part is in the burning Lake of Fire and Brimstone, which is the second death.”

Mine is this.

Except the difference between me and you is that you do not believe a single word of it as true.

5,614 posts since Nov '11
    • I like the one which says the love of money is the root of evil.  Note that it is the love of money not money itself.

1,511 posts since May '11
    • "Blessed are the poor in spirit, 
      for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 

Blessed are they who mourn, 
      for they shall be comforted. 

Blessed are the meek, 
      for they shall inherit the earth. 

Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness, 
      for they shall be satisfied. 

Blessed are the merciful, 
      for they shall obtain mercy. 

Blessed are the pure of heart, 
      for they shall see God. 

Blessed are the peacemakers, 
      for they shall be called children of God. 

Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness, 
      for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."

5,614 posts since Nov '11
    • Originally posted by BroInChrist:

Except the difference between me and you is that you do not believe a single word of it as true.

Must one believes in it then one is accepted by you?

Democracy?

• Originally posted by SJS6638:

Must one believes in it then one is accepted by you?

Democracy?

Did I say I reject what Tcmc said?

I simply stated a fact.

115,832 posts since Dec '03
    • Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

8,443 posts since Dec '05
    1,543 posts since Nov '10

Wah, no takers?

OK I support you.

My top of the line favourite verse is "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth...." Genesis 1:1

Everything else in the Bible flows from this verse.

well prove it. anyone can say or quote anything and everything.

1,361 posts since Jan '11

Did I say I reject what Tcmc said?

I simply stated a fact.

If you had not rejected that... was there a good reason for posting what you posted of TCMC?

5,269 posts since Jul '04
    • "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord.

"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Isaiah 55: 8,9

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him..

Romans 8:28

• Originally posted by [imdestinyz]:

If you had not rejected that... was there a good reason for posting what you posted of TCMC?

There was, and I have already stated that clearly, Tcmc does not believe a single word of it. It's a fact, is it not?

1,361 posts since Jan '11
    • that does not explain your intention, or good intentions if any other than being sacastic to ppl whom have ceased to believe in what you believed.

All i see, an attempt to ridicule at other's belief.

• Originally posted by [imdestinyz]:

that does not explain your intention, or good intentions if any other than being sacastic to ppl whom have ceased to believe in what you believed.

All i see, an attempt to ridicule at other's belief.

I explained but you did not accept, saying more will be a waste of words and will only draw more hostile fire from you. You see what you only want to see.

Edited by BroInChrist 10 Sep `12, 1:32PM
    1,543 posts since Nov '10

You see what you only want to see.

hahaha.........Dun this sounded like you, selective reply and reasoning. you dare to accuse people of this, but not yourself?

• Originally posted by Jacky Woo:

hahaha.........Dun this sounded like you, selective reply and reasoning. you dare to accuse people of this, but not yourself?

Selective reply? Guilty as charged. I can't possibly reply to everyone and neither is that a wise thing to do. Must learn to choose your battles wisely.

Selective reasoning? What is that? Explain please.

2,223 posts since Feb '06
    • Hi everyone! Been busy...BIC, I dont think tcmc rejects every single word of the bible...true he does not believe in the christian God existing but I am sure there are some teachings which he does agree and believe in...

5,269 posts since Jul '04
    • Originally posted by despondent:

Hi everyone! Been busy...BIC, I dont think tcmc rejects every single word of the bible...true he does not believe in the christian God existing but I am sure there are some teachings which he does agree and believe in...

Does he truely believe in his favorite Bible verse?

Rev 21:8

1,972 posts since Mar '08
    • Mine is “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.” Luke 23 34. 

5 posts since Sep '12
    • ’’The love of money is the root of all evils.’’ I once shouted this bible verse at the bus stop outside my home when I was sick.

46 posts since Dec '12
    8,443 posts since Dec '05
    • I like this:

If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through.   (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death.  (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

Please Login or Signup to reply.