26 May, 12:20AM in sunny Singapore!

taoist to christian

Subscribe to taoist to christian 18 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • Ra80's Avatar
    17 posts since Aug '08
    • Anyone know which church in sg conduct such thing?I need to convert so i can marry my wife in church wedding, that all. After the wedding, im back to be a taoist again.

  • SJS6638's Avatar
    5,614 posts since Nov '11
    • oh goodness, you treat religion like hotel.

      if you convert just to get married you will upset your wife when you go back to taosim.   In the first place you should take religion into consideration before deciding to marry her.   Most christian girls want their partners to be christians.

      There is no need to go church to convert to be christian.   Just pray the sinners prayer and invite jesus into your life.    One thing I wanna tell you is christianity is a brainwashing religion.     

  • Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    FireIce's Avatar
    262,382 posts since Dec '99
  • SJS6638's Avatar
    5,614 posts since Nov '11
    • Taoism and christianity are totally different.    Christianity views Taoism as satanic.

  • Ra80's Avatar
    17 posts since Aug '08
    • She knew that i will still remain as a toaist after marriage and she understand that.The church in philippines require proof to show that im a christian in order to conduct church wedding.

  • SJS6638's Avatar
    5,614 posts since Nov '11
    • Originally posted by Ra80:

      She knew that i will still remain as a toaist after marriage and she understand that.The church in philippines require proof to show that im a christian in order to conduct church wedding.

      Is that Catholic church you are talking about?     I know Catholic church can be rather strict when concerning marriage

  • Ra80's Avatar
    17 posts since Aug '08
  • jlowbog's Avatar
    150 posts since Jan '13
    • i always have the impression tat 1 can get proselytised in any church.
      but is yr gf a catholic or christian? u mention abt becoming a christian n hold the wedding in a catholic church..i think its not permissible.

  • Ra80's Avatar
    17 posts since Aug '08
  • Servant's Avatar
    190 posts since Nov '08
    • The Catholic Church allows marriages between a Catholic and non-Catholic, so there's no need for you to convert to Christianity just to get married in church. Unlike what some think, converting is a big step that you should think about carefully as it is a lifelong and after-life commitment (actually more so than a marriage!).

      But having said that, if you do want to explore the faith, you can go for the RCIA course offered by most Catholic Churches. If any time during RCIA if you don't feel comfortable and wish to stop, you can do so, no pressure or obligation at all. It is perfectly fine for a Catholic's spouse to remain non-Catholic.

      So being a Christian is a step by step process that takes a while with lots of prayer and reflection, but ultimately one of the most rewarding steps you will take in your life (if the faith is indeed meant for you). Being a Christian is not an overnight decision, and certainly not just by 'saying the sinner's prayer'. 

      God bless!

      Edited by Servant 23 Apr `13, 5:20PM
  • Labourday2013's Avatar
    3 posts since May '13
    • Real Christianity won’t force people to give up their sins and surrender to Christ because that is lordship salvation.Jesus said it is done and you don’t need to add anything to the gospel. Think about it.

  • sgdiehard's Avatar
    5,269 posts since Jul '04
    • Originally posted by Labourday2013:

      Real Christianity won’t force people to give up their sins and surrender to Christ because that is lordship salvation.Jesus said it is done and you don’t need to add anything to the gospel. Think about it.

      what is Real Christianity ???

  • SJS6638's Avatar
    5,614 posts since Nov '11
  • Vesakday13's Avatar
    3 posts since May '13
    • Originally posted by sgdiehard:

      what is Real Christianity ???


      I strongly recommend Baptist Church to all Christians here.There is a Baptist Church in Thomson Road and I encourage you to go for the Sunday Service.

  • Tcmc's Avatar
    1,419 posts since Nov '11
  • johnrichardwilliam's Avatar
    5 posts since May '13
    • Originally posted by Servant:

      The Catholic Church allows marriages between a Catholic and non-Catholic, so there's no need for you to convert to Christianity just to get married in church. Unlike what some think, converting is a big step that you should think about carefully as it is a lifelong and after-life commitment (actually more so than a marriage!).

      But having said that, if you do want to explore the faith, you can go for the RCIA course offered by most Catholic Churches. If any time during RCIA if you don't feel comfortable and wish to stop, you can do so, no pressure or obligation at all. It is perfectly fine for a Catholic's spouse to remain non-Catholic.

      So being a Christian is a step by step process that takes a while with lots of prayer and reflection, but ultimately one of the most rewarding steps you will take in your life (if the faith is indeed meant for you). Being a Christian is not an overnight decision, and certainly not just by 'saying the sinner's prayer'. 

      God bless!

      I like your attitude.  Never try to pester people to follow your religion.

      I think you are a catholic not christian. that make a big difference.

      " ...allows marriages between a Catholic and non-Catholic,...", i can now and look for a pinoy gf .

       

  • Honeybunz's Avatar
    15,894 posts since Apr '02
    • marriage between two person of different beliefs is very tough.  during courtship, you will think your love is bigger than anything and will help you overcome the differences.  

       

      But once you step into the marriage, things are very different.  The church person will start to feel a void going to church without you and vice versa when you go pray at the temple.  

       

      If you want to be a taoist, don't bother to marry the christian girlfriend.  go find yourself a taoist girl and you will be happily ever after.  if you die die want to be the christian girl, go be a christian (of course must be willingly and wholeheartedly, dun just do for the sake of doing it).  

       

      in conclusion, inter-religious marriages don't work.  it's like marrying someone who doesn't speak your dialect or language.  

Please Login or Signup to reply.