Philosophy: In ALL human endevors involving the element of Hope, Faith is by definition operative.
Quote:Originally Posted by zeebjiiThread source (SBY): Accounts and teachings of ALL religious institutions should be open to public scrutiny
Just because you like to study religion does not make you an expert. Come on, i don't need fooking faith to take a bus!
In so far that the premise of faith is 'hope': I assert that U have exercised mutualfaith in so far as U hope that:
- the bus driver is licensed and qualified to drive the bus
- the vehicle(bus) is inspected and cleared for safe use in order for commuters to arrive safely and on time
- the traffic lights are safety inspected and will not reveal confusing traffic signals that cause sober motorist to collide
- even in case of accident, the bus company is insured by a solvent insurance company who will uphold the welfare of commuters in highest regard
- the laws/ legal courts of the land regularly serve justice to ensure that reckless drivers and rogue bus insurers are penalised/ neutered to make public transport commuting safe and pleasant for all
- and I haven't even touched on the topic of Ebola epidemic yet...
In short, faith is the basis of all actions premised on (/with elements of) hope.
Back to this thread topic since the conversation has digressed: transparency in Church (/religious organisations) accounts will improve the nature of religious faith by Congregational (/public) check and balances both in teaching and financial prudence. Just as drunk/ reckless motorists are routinely weeded out at roadblocks, likewise essential is transparency necessary to weed out corrupt religious leaders: the former so that citizens can have faith in the safety of road journeys, the latter so that the practise of religion remains chaste and pure for the well-being of everyone.
Quote:Hebrews 11:1 (bible hub.com)
New International Version: Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.
New Living Translation: Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.
English Standard Version: Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.
New American Standard Bible : Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.
King James Bible: Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.__________________