28 Feb, 05:56PM in sunny Singapore!

Cults in Singapore?

Subscribe to Cults in Singapore? 12 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    10 posts since Apr '15
    • Hi!

I am wondering how do you identify a christian cult? I am looking for a good church to belong to.

Just last week I attended a church service at Adam Road, the church name is called True Jesus Church, I know it sounds a bit fishy right? i mean the first thing that come into mind is "is there a Fake Jesus Church?"

Anyway, the prayer was terrifying and shocking as they are like possessed and keep shaking as one cohort in kneeling position. it is like "tan ki". And the sound of the "tongue" is scary. Nevertheless, i stayed through the sermon. It was very deep and confusing unlike other churches i went to. There are lots of references to bible verses as the pastor speak. I guess that is a plus point to this church as most churches are light on the theology aspect.

After service, most of the members are minding their own business, one or two came to talk to me. i left quickly, feeling very uncomfortable with the experience.

Please give some advise on this matter. Is True Jesus Church safe to go? Is it a cult? I am new to christian teaching.

How do you identify a cult?

Thanks! ^^

14 posts since Mar '15
    1 post since Apr '15
  • Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    261,190 posts since Dec '99
    3 posts since May '15
    •  

If you do not feel comfortable in the church you are describing, there are plenty of other churches, try another one. I disagree with some of the practices that go on in certain churches. Sometimes, I can just put the item aside and that's the end of it, sometimes it is just not possible. That does not mean this church is a cult, it just has questionable worship. The following verse gives a good indication of whether or not you are in a cult. You ask a very good question. You'll find the answer.

1 John 4
      King James Bible

Testing the Spirits

1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 2Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. 4Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 5They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. 6We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

34 posts since Jun '14
    • When you feel good in your heart when the sermon is preached. That is the correct church for you. I have been with my current church for almost 10 years. 

5,614 posts since Nov '11
    • Originally posted by Jsyln:

Hi!

I am wondering how do you identify a christian cult? I am looking for a good church to belong to.

Just last week I attended a church service at Adam Road, the church name is called True Jesus Church, I know it sounds a bit fishy right? i mean the first thing that come into mind is "is there a Fake Jesus Church?"

Anyway, the prayer was terrifying and shocking as they are like possessed and keep shaking as one cohort in kneeling position. it is like "tan ki". And the sound of the "tongue" is scary. Nevertheless, i stayed through the sermon. It was very deep and confusing unlike other churches i went to. There are lots of references to bible verses as the pastor speak. I guess that is a plus point to this church as most churches are light on the theology aspect.

After service, most of the members are minding their own business, one or two came to talk to me. i left quickly, feeling very uncomfortable with the experience.

Please give some advise on this matter. Is True Jesus Church safe to go? Is it a cult? I am new to christian teaching.

How do you identify a cult?

Thanks! ^^

Yeah, that true jesus sounds cult.   Mainstream will not use true to name church.

we have seven day adventist, the mormons, jehovah witness cult in sg.  The one that is located newton, bukit timah is mormon.  

Edited by SJS6638 11 May `15, 10:30PM
    • Accordingly to christianity, so long teaching and practice not according to the bible are cult.   Generally, pragmatically and frankly speaking, christianity in some ways can consider cult.   They label japanese floral arrangement, chinese medicine practice, meditation, other religions, yoga, and many others as satanic.   I give up on these fanatic religion faith and its followers.   

To them, anything not from or of god is satanic.   They have such petty, bias, narrow-minded, unbalance and silly perception.

1 post since May '15
    8 posts since Jun '15
    76 posts since Jan '14
    • agree with rnichael & limo as for other extra things preach are of man example God give 10 comandments but the jew come up with 600+ additional laws on their own i can't even keep the big 10 why give more problem T_T

• found this clip in youtube last week : www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8M73dUPSjo

disclaimer i m not advertising for this church i just like their songs & who they worship

Please Login or Signup to reply.