20 Nov, 09:34PM in sunny Singapore!

Highest A Reservist Officer Get: SAF Advanced School Courses

Subscribe to Highest A Reservist Officer Get: SAF Advanced School Courses 38 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    519 posts since Aug '04
    • Regarding specs (NCOs)... I got a work colleague , many years ago , reached 2WO as an NS guy. This was before the new specs rank system, when after SSG, you became a 2WO.

Nowadays difficult... I was "promoted" 1SG during my disruption during reservist. But that was because I served many high-keys and did a few things for the unit. It also helped because of the nature of the unit.

3,101 posts since Feb '04
    • Why got such high ranking officer do reservists? I tot they all regular no need reservists mah…

43,270 posts since Jul '04
    • Originally posted by Ogbunwezeh:
      Why got such high ranking officer do reservists? I tot they all regular no need reservists mah...

of course they must so reservist until they ROD lah, regardless of ex-regulars or NSFs. Laughing

2,811 posts since Apr '04
    • The GM of Discovery centre, Jordan Wu is a Col. in 2PDF if I'
      m not wrong.Heard from superiors there that he's an active reservist and is also a brigade commander.

6,086 posts since Oct '04
    • what the lowest rank a reservist can attain?

can be recruit? as in he OOC and OOC and OOC in BMTC till ORD? but is still combat fit pes status? so have reservist? Laughing

35,169 posts since Apr '03
    • Originally posted by nightzip:
      what the lowest rank a reservist can attain?

can be recruit? as in he OOC and OOC and OOC in BMTC till ORD? but is still combat fit pes status? so have reservist? Laughing

Nope.PTE is given after 9mths of service if I'm not wrong.OOC and OOC..still become PTE.

6,086 posts since Oct '04
    • Originally posted by nightzip:
      what the lowest rank a reservist can attain?

in the first place, it's impossible for u OOC so many time during your BMT until u ORD. upon 1st OOC, they throw u to a unit liao Laughing

206 posts since Oct '04
    • Originally posted by LazerLordz:
      Nope.PTE is given after 9mths of service if I'm not wrong.OOC and OOC..still become PTE.

No. Will be promoted to PTE 4 months from the date of enlistment.

5,832 posts since Jun '04
    • Originally posted by martin_lim85:
      btw LCP how much allowance?

non-combat is $370. + another $10 or $20 if u are 1 year soldier.

20 posts since Aug '04
    • For those who are not ex-regulars, think it's LTC. There're some Sword of honour winners who go on to be CO's of NS Infantry Bns. Estb Rank for Bn CO's I think it's LTC.

35,169 posts since Apr '03
    • Originally posted by mwk:
      For those who are not ex-regulars, think it's LTC. There're some Sword of honour winners who go on to be CO's of NS Infantry Bns. Estb Rank for Bn CO's I think it's LTC.

CPTs can be Bn2ICs, and acting CO of NS BNs too.

Please Login or Signup to reply.