18 Nov, 09:10AM in sunny Singapore!

What is Vocational Assignment?

Subscribe to What is Vocational Assignment? 13 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    73 posts since Jan '05
    • Hi all, i am currently in year 2 in some JC and recently received a letter requiring me to report for "vocational assignemnt" on 1st August.

What is that? And why am i selected for that? I am still schooling...

463 posts since Jan '04
    • Originally posted by bent:
      Hi all, i am currently in year 2 in some JC and recently received a letter requiring me to report for "vocational assignemnt" on 1st August.

report which camp?
      congrats man... i tink quite high chance u r either selected to join Commando or Naval Diver Unit.
      gong xi... Very Happy

68,867 posts since Dec '03
    • It means you have been specially selected to have your National Service extended another 1 year. Laughing

177 posts since Jan '04
    • I'm going there also on 1st august. what time do you have to be there??
      wanna have a car pool? i stay in the west but since it's all the way at pasir ris i don't mind picking up at any location

164 posts since Dec '04
      Hi all, i am currently in year 2 in some JC and recently received a letter requiring me to report for "vocational assignemnt" on 1st August.

Congrats! You might have been selected to join a 'secret unit' which will deploy you to other countries as a spy. You have to cut all ties with your family, have your identify erased and establish a new one. Your new job will be highly confidential and might be a matter of life and death.

Just kidding. VA is ask you to go the camp and do some tests and see whether you are good enough to join them. "Them" means most probably Commandos or Naval Diving Unit. I went also, earlier in the year, for the Commandos one.

73 posts since Jan '05
    • Originally posted by blunt_knife:
      Congrats! You might have been selected to join a 'secret unit' which will deploy you to other countries as a spy. You have to cut all ties with your family, have your identify erased and establish a new one. Your new job will be highly confidential and might be a matter of life and death.

Just kidding. VA is ask you to go the camp and do some tests and see whether you are good enough to join them. "Them" means most probably Commandos or Naval Diving Unit. I went also, earlier in the year, for the Commandos one.

kaoz...mine is pasir ris one too, school of cdos/special warfare tactics sch...so is commandoes right?

darn. what they do there ar? NAPFA ar? can like purposely fail one right?

43,270 posts since Jul '04
    • i suggest u do your best in what ever they ask u to do when u go for your vocational assignment. afterall no many people can get to shout 'Honour and Glory'. Cool

73 posts since Jan '05
    • Originally posted by Gordonator:
      i suggest u do your best in what ever they ask u to do when u go for your vocational assignment. afterall no many people can get to shout 'Honour and Glory'. Cool

but i am totally not commando material...they better see that...

192 posts since Aug '04
      but i am totally not commando material...they better see that...

trust me, no matter how obvious it is/you make it, there's no guarantee they'll see. Laughing

8,703 posts since Jul '03

Don't bother. They'll already have your school fitness records, so failing isn't going to do a thing for you.

Neither's trying anything else to get out of it. At my interview, a sargeant asked me, "So, do you want to join Commandos?". Trying to give him a bad attitude, I asked him, "Do I have any choice?". When he answered, "No", I said "So that the f*** are you asking me for?".

A week later I got my letter stating that I was in, and I spent the next two and a half years finding out that my attitude was exactly what they were looking for. Go figure. Mr. Green

Look, one way or another, if you're slated to go, there's not a whole lot you can do about it. From my experience, go in, get into it, learn a thing or two and have a little fun - otherwise, regardless of where you're posted, it's going to be a waste of time.

2,579 posts since May '05
      kaoz...mine is pasir ris one too, school of cdos/special warfare tactics sch...so is commandoes right?

i suggest you dun try to fail.

my friend did that and he is now inside. same camp as what you received.

the more you try to keng, the more they want you.

3,209 posts since Dec '04
Please Login or Signup to reply.