20 Nov, 09:44PM in sunny Singapore!

what to expect for BMT field camp and SIT test

Subscribe to what to expect for BMT field camp and SIT test 24 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • l0st-s0ul's Avatar
    413 posts since Jun '04
  • freedom4ever's Avatar
    2,579 posts since May '05
    • expect smoke grenade throw into ur camp site in the middle of the night to simulate enemies attack. and beware of sar-grems stealing ur rifle. Mr. Green

  • martin_lim85's Avatar
    5,832 posts since Jun '04
    • Originally posted by freedom4ever:
      expect smoke grenade throw into ur camp site in the middle of the night to simulate enemies attack. and beware of sar-grems stealing ur rifle. Mr. Green

      i got a friend when throught a training whereby he is in a room and someone will toss in a tear gas grenade into the room and must shout he his own rank name i/c number and DOB in BMT. got like this of training in bmt meh?

  • freedom4ever's Avatar
    2,579 posts since May '05
    • Originally posted by martin_lim85:
      i got a friend when throught a training whereby he is in a room and someone will toss in a tear gas grenade into the room and must shout he his own rank name i/c number and DOB in BMT. got like this of training in bmt meh?

      that one is gas chamber. i only did that when i was in unit, not too sure BMT got anot. but sispec sure go through it.

  • Gordonator's Avatar
    43,270 posts since Jul '04
    • expect to see 3 type of people. Laughing

      type 1 - super wayang oscar winners type.

      type 2 - normal type, those that truly deserve a shot at OCS or SISPEC.

      type 3 - those bo chup destined to be man type.

  • martin_lim85's Avatar
    5,832 posts since Jun '04
    • Originally posted by freedom4ever:
      that one is gas chamber. i only did that when i was in unit, not too sure BMT got anot. but sispec sure go through it.

      i see but he is pec c an AOSS. his friend totaslly imune to the tear gas walk out like nothing has happened Shocked

  • freedom4ever's Avatar
    2,579 posts since May '05
    • Originally posted by martin_lim85:
      i see but he is pec c an AOSS. his friend totaslly imune to the tear gas walk out like nothing has happened Shocked

      wow... that rare. i never heard of that before.

      BTW, the gas chamber is for chemical defence for those who are new.

  • blunt_knife's Avatar
    164 posts since Dec '04
    • SIT test is like there is a stated time/place for it? (No element of surprise)

      Or, is it like, ANYTIME during BMT they just create a scenario and see how you react? (Element of surprise)

      Which one ?

  • mr_sotong's Avatar
    9,686 posts since Sep '03
    • Originally posted by martin_lim85:
      i see but he is pec c an AOSS. his friend totaslly imune to the tear gas walk out like nothing has happened Shocked

      i never forget that time when i was in gas chamber... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

  • Rockhound's Avatar
    2,911 posts since Mar '05
    • Originally posted by blunt_knife:
      SIT test is like there is a stated time/place for it? (No element of surprise)

      Or, is it like, ANYTIME during BMT they just create a scenario and see how you react? (Element of surprise)

      Which one ?

      sit test...3 day 2 nite....6 'missions' a day...for 2 days...

      u'd shout arti arti arti and leopard crawl here and there juz for the fun of it before every mission...

      pray that the weather is kind to u...

      Edited by Rockhound 31 Jul `05, 8:56AM
  • Peace84's Avatar
    68 posts since May '04
    • Reminds me of my bloody SIT test

      Rained for the whole 3days 2 night.

      Muddy all over and mosquito all around you for the whole duration.

      There will be route march everyday.
      1st day, from BMTC to SIT test site
      2nd day, around the camp site. this is when you will walk your 16km. and before you know it, 24km and then POP LOH!

      still remember fondly of my bmt days .. haiz .. but now ...

      went for PES A bmt.

      Now, TA MA DE. CLERK!!!

  • Gordonator's Avatar
    43,270 posts since Jul '04
    • for SIT test, be prepared to be hit by snipers, hit by artillery rounds and a lot of running around shouting like a madman. Laughing

  • tarutaru's Avatar
    3,209 posts since Dec '04
    • Originally posted by Peace84:
      Reminds me of my bloody SIT test

      Rained for the whole 3days 2 night.

      Muddy all over and mosquito all around you for the whole duration.

      There will be route march everyday.
      1st day, from BMTC to SIT test site
      2nd day, around the camp site. this is when you will walk your 16km. and before you know it, 24km and then POP LOH!

      still remember fondly of my bmt days .. haiz .. but now ...

      went for PES A bmt.

      Now, TA MA DE. CLERK!!!

      Is this not what u what?

  • ditzy's Avatar
    68,867 posts since Dec '03
  • Gordonator's Avatar
    43,270 posts since Jul '04
    • expect to hear a lot of "come on guys! u can do it!", "we are almost there, endure!", "don't give up!" Laughing

  • Peace84's Avatar
    68 posts since May '04
    • Originally posted by tarutaru:
      Is this not what u what?

      what do you think?
      would you rather have a healthy body that can run around or 1 that is injured for life?

      i rather chiong sua (with a healthy body) than to be a clerk (due to service injury)

  • tarutaru's Avatar
    3,209 posts since Dec '04
    • Originally posted by Peace84:
      what do you think?
      would you rather have a healthy body that can run around or 1 that is injured for life?

      i rather chiong sua (with a healthy body) than to be a clerk (due to service injury)

      someone want to be downgraded some don't want?

  • wuming78's Avatar
    17,056 posts since May '03
    • Originally posted by Peace84:
      what do you think?
      would you rather have a healthy body that can run around or 1 that is injured for life?

      i rather chiong sua (with a healthy body) than to be a clerk (due to service injury)

      so what happened to you?

    • for me it boils down to the following:

      when you are the leader, do your best to lead; when you are the follower, be a good follower and do your best to support the leader.

      cooperation and teamwork

      positive attitude and frame of mind

      endurance and never giving up

      anyway i remembered the 8 (or isit 16?) km route march to the camp site (almost died), the setting up of bashas under the bloody hot sun, doing push ups and running around in FBO, screwing up my own mission (i think), and rain...

  • l0st-s0ul's Avatar
    413 posts since Jun '04
    • this might be off topic but i think asking all my questions in one thread might be better.

      how come my CSM gives command in a funny tone? the way he say SEDI-YA. the YA is like very funny, first time hear almost laugh and duno what to do. my frends also agree. is it those senior people in the army give commands in this wierd tone? his CHEPAT JA-LAN also very funny.

  • Gordonator's Avatar
    43,270 posts since Jul '04
    • during SIT test, go for roles like the navigator, engineer and signaller which doesn’t require them to carry heavy equipments. avoid medic and gunner unless u like running around with a stretcher or LAW on your back.

  • Peace84's Avatar
    68 posts since May '04
    • Originally posted by wuming78:
      so what happened to you?

      slipped disc during bmt ... things only got worse after i get to unit.

      bo tai bo ji cant run and walk with a limp nowadays.

      from PES A to C2L2 with excuse heavy load (perm for both)

      now now .. any body want to be in my shoes?

      take gd care of your body

      or else, live to regards

    • Originally posted by wuming78:
      for me it boils down to the following:

      when you are the leader, do your best to lead; when you are the follower, be a good follower and do your best to support the leader.

      cooperation and teamwork

      positive attitude and frame of mind

      endurance and never giving up

      anyway i remembered the 8 (or isit 16?) km route march to the camp site (almost died), the setting up of bashas under the bloody hot sun, doing push ups and running around in FBO, screwing up my own mission (i think), and rain...

      if i am not wromg, 8km from sch to site (1st day)
      16km round the site

      16km was a killer for me due to the bloody rain and mud
      almost fainted

      the toughest part for the 24km was the 20-24 distance.
      feel so shag

  • LazerLordz's Avatar
    35,169 posts since Apr '03
    • Originally posted by Gordonator:
      during SIT test, go for roles like the navigator, engineer and signaller which doesn't require them to carry heavy equipments. avoid medic and gunner unless u like running around with a stretcher or LAW on your back.

      Being a casualty does NOT guarantee a soft ride back on a stretcher.You might be manhandled. Wink

      Choose to be bomb disposal or Field Engineer.Trust me.

Please Login or Signup to reply.