17 Sep, 09:16AM in sunny Singapore!

E-mart vs. Beach Road Army Market

Subscribe to E-mart vs. Beach Road Army Market 9 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    34 posts since Apr '04
    • Hi,

Just wondering if E-mart or Beach Road Army market is better we should if we're getting camping/outdoor equipments such as backpacks and boots.

My main questions:

Does Beach Road wins in term of variety?
      Does Beach Road sells the same item cheaper than E-mart?
      Beach Road items' quality could be dubious or lower than E-mart?

E-mart would win out in terms of being more organised. Beach Road is more of like a pasar malam where everything's are in a mess and you need to go check out most/all of the shops to know what are available.

Comments appreciated. Thanks.

241 posts since Oct '07
    • for price, im nt sure.. but for sure, BEACH RD got more variety, or u can say, almost wad u want for army and outdoor camping stuffs, all can be found there. beach rd u will nt regret.. emart has very little stuff… plus tt, it also have to depends which camp emart u go… sum camp sell shits… beach rd can ask for discounts.. but then… of cuz dun waste ur credits.. if ur camp inside got emart, go visit it and buy stuffs tt ur camp have with ur credits.. den go beach rd buy wadever u r still lacking.. and for info, tampines and bedok have army shop too.. but i nv go b4.. so whether there got sell lots of stuffs not, i nt sure…

671 posts since Jul '06
    • Maybe you can go to Beach Road first. The choice is wider.

Purchase what you need, and for those available in the eMarts, you can check on-line ns.sg >>> eMart, or you can see the item marked "Property of SAF" or have a bar-code sticker, which is a tell-tale sign that the item is available by credit.

266 posts since Jun '07
    • The online eMart doesn’t show all the items that individual camp emarts have. It only shows the basic items that they have. For example, when I was back at OCS this august, they were selling SOGs at the emart! Supplied by Sheares, though it was the stripped down version, but still, its an SOG. Ran out of stock pretty quickly though. So always check your camp emart first. Afterall, credits are free.

671 posts since Jul '06
    266 posts since Jun '07
    • Originally posted by KoolKool:
      Striped down version ? I thought it was some rejected stuff for a cheaper price. Laughing Mr. Green

Can't be rejected...unless one whole batch kenna manufacturing defect? cuz i saw it at more than one camp...how come people are always so negative about the equipment that we have available? I know for example that the British would die to get the helmets that we are issued now, and our LBV is actually pretty well designed. Things can always be improved, of course, like our field pack, but still!

671 posts since Jul '06
    • I am quite enthusiastic about the Army, but sometimes small things like that are irritating.

Why would anyone buy a sportscar, but no need the sports rims and tyres, no need spoiler, no need sports seat, no need the good looking exhaust ?

So you buy a multi-tool, and discard some of the tools.

I agree we will not use all the tools all the time. But one day when you need it, and it is not there (but supposed to be there), it is just so .......

266 posts since Jun '07
    • I will agree with that, but some times boh pian i guess. The money for all the modernisation has to come from somewhere right? So save abit here, save abit there... its to reduce the burden of taxpayers also. Even the US Army doesnt have the ideal funding it needs Laughing

671 posts since Jul '06
    • Aiyoh, how much can you save over a couple of missing pieces ? Its just a sales gimmick. Have you worked on a production line before ? If Panasonic wants to remove 5 buttons from the TV remote control just for one country, it will kill them to put those into production.

Please Login or Signup to reply.