31 Jul, 09:18AM in sunny Singapore!

Herbalife

Subscribe to Herbalife 102 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • AyaMi's Avatar
    86 posts since May '02
    • Originally posted by Goodeal:
      Hi Ayami, pls keep us inform of the outcome from the head office.
      I am curious to know what they will say.

      \
      okie i will but must hv some time though as the reply from them might not reach me so quickly,
      thanks

  • Goodeal's Avatar
    168 posts since Jul '03
    • Originally posted by AyaMi:
      \
      okie i will but must hv some time though as the reply from them might not reach me so quickly,
      thanks

      No problem Mr. Green
      as long as they reply, pls keep us updated.
      for i believe such a big company sharing such a big market is common to have legal suits.
      but the judge last decision is very important.
      it will affect the company image.
      btw, according to those suits, are they over yet or still listening?
      if over than anyone know of the result?
      if better still can someone let us know what are the suits about?
      the marketing or the products?

  • Vice President
    laurence82's Avatar
    119,119 posts since Nov '03
    • Hi guys,
      urm I made some mistakes in my earlier posting. If you want to look at the lawsuits, look at the articles in my 3rd link. This is the link to rickross.com, and the institute is Ross Institute. Guys familiar with USA should be familiar with this institute. It also contains other info on Herbalife and Mark Hughes himself. Well, I dont think such a famous institute would make defamatory remarks on Herbalife. Plus it has excerpts from court reading and stuff. Btw, the lawsuits I think is already over.

      As for the remarks that Herbalife wouldnt dare to put drugs in its products, the Purdue University (again another famous public institution) compile info from the National Council for Responsible Health Information for the Slim Chance Awards.This is in my first link. I think it is an award given for lousy products on the market. It mentioned ephedrine-laced diet pills like Herbalife. Can I ask something? What the heck is ephedrine? Me no expert on food science.

      Second link on the Herbalife products and biz refers to an article by Wemos Foundation, Netherland. Urm guys, someone also can explain what is the Wemos Foundation. Think it is also an important institution too.

      Well the lawsuits were on the impropriety on the part of the company. Well, I believe if you must convince the general public on the goodness of Herbalife products and biz, they have the power of internet on hand. They can find out all these and in the end, you as a distributor find it hard to explain.

      As to why despite of all these problems, Mark Hughes is able to make millions, look again at the articles by Ross Institute.

      Here again, happy reading. Cheers

  • Clio's Avatar
    3 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by laurence82:
      Hey guys
      dont go flaming Herbalife the way we have done to Astral Mag and other companies. I hope to make this forum a peaceful discussion. Very Happy

      Ok, ok.Few weeks ago, I approached a nutritionist whose slimming centre is in Changi Road.She has also appeared on newspaper before. I asked her about Herbalife since I have joined it. She talked about Herbalife products wise, and here a few pointers for you guys to think over.

      !. Firstly, for a product to sell well, it must be free of blemish, like lawsuits, mishaps and stuff. I did came across few websites, which were on lawsuits on Herbalife before. Now guys, I must ask for your pardon. I lost track of that websites, but if you diligently type Herbalife on yahoo, you will come across these websites.

      2. Herbalife is safe, since it has come through Health and Science Authority Singapore, but as to its effectiveness and long term safety, best if you do look through few articles such as the ones I posted. Such as the one that says and I quote " that Formula 2 is nothing more than high doses of multivitamins" .Well this was given to me by the nutritionist.

      3. This is the best kick. It came from my mother. She ask me why Formula 3 contains Danggui (Cordiceps) and why am I taking it. She says cordeceps are for women, for loss of blood during pregnancy and menstruation. It is also specially for women because they have poorer composition than man. Well if Herbalife really follow Chinese medicine as they told me so, then you should ask your mother or people well versed on cordeceps or Chinese medicine for their opinions.

      4. The articles never mention drugs. If you look carefully at the articles, they were reffering to certain herbs and stuff. Serious, I dont think Herbalife really dare to put drugs inside.

      5.If you guys need more info, I can ask the nutritionist for more references. Well, I believe as she is an expert on this area, she should know. She also did mentioned Herbalife being worst 10 nutrition company in a ranking of 700 nutrition companies once.

      6.If you guys want to talk about Herbalife marketing plan, training and stuff, I am reluctant to discuss because of what happen to other companies. But truthfully there are other ways to find out. One is through working in Herbalife and find out for yourself, or discuss with other World Team Leaders and Supervisors. I can link you guys to the nutritionist about this. I can only advise so far as I can because, for those senior forumers, you guys know this discussion is 'mei wan mei liao'

      Thats about it. Anyway, I am out of Herbalife, and I wish those guys inside and outside the best of luck. Haha, I mean seriously.

      PS - Those also interested, please find out what is Very Low Calorie Diet VLCD and Moderately Low Calorie Diet MLCD. Should help you guys! Cheers.

      Hi, just want to clarify, isn't cordyceps Dong Chong Chao instead of Danggui?

  • Vice President
    laurence82's Avatar
    119,119 posts since Nov '03
    • Hmm, i checked this out. Cordyceps is called dong dong chao, while danggui is another herb or plant.

      Danggui is for women, ginseng is for men, According to my Herbs Book, it is heaty, so not anyhow taken.

      Urm, I think I mix up danggui and cordyceps. Oops. Will find out more abt cordyceps.

      Edited by laurence82 24 Nov `03, 6:11PM
  • Clio's Avatar
    3 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by laurence82:
      Should be danggui. My mum says the danggui or cordyceps in Brands Esscence of Chicken is a mild one

      Laurence, I don't mean to be rude but can you do some research on this first. Let me give you a few links:

      I found this in a online recipe:
      Chicken Soup with Cordyceps and Almond
      Ingredient
      2/3 ounce of chinese cordyceps (Dong Chong Chao)
      *11/2 ounce of prepared gingko (Bai Guo)
      11/2 ounce of sweet almond (Nan Xin)
      1 « ounce of bitter almond (Bei Xin)
      1 old chicken
      2 slices of ginger
      Some salt to taste

      http://www.chinese-herbs.org/cordyceps/

  • Vice President
    laurence82's Avatar
    119,119 posts since Nov '03
    • Yup clio, u are right.Apologies.
      Think me made a mistake on this danggui and cordyceps.
      Will ask my mom more
      But the articles by Ross Institute did mention Herbalife didnt manage to get one product out which is Tang Quei Plus or something.Suspect it is actually danggui pills

      Let me quote.

      'In 1986, Herbalife settled with the state of California, paying $850,000 in fines and agreeing to remove two products from the market: Tang Quei Plus for menstrual cramps, and K-8, which was said to relieve stress. That very same year -- in a feat that may have been far more miraculous than any of his products -- Hughes successfully took his company public. '

      Edited by laurence82 24 Nov `03, 6:21PM
  • 00126666's Avatar
    35 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by laurence82:
      Hi guys,

      As for the remarks that Herbalife wouldnt dare to put drugs in its products, the Purdue University (again another famous public institution) compile info from the National Council for Responsible Health Information for the Slim Chance Awards.This is in my first link. I think it is an award given for lousy products on the market. It mentioned ephedrine-laced diet pills like Herbalife. Can I ask something? What the heck is ephedrine? Me no expert on food science.

      Here again, happy reading. Cheers

      ephedrine is also known as Ma Huang. It is a stimulant and is banned in Olympics, NFL, etc.

      It was used as a slimming ingredient in Xenadrine, etc..I think its banned now.

      It makes you really hyper, so u burn lots of energy.

      But it can cause heart palpitations, heart problems, liver problems, etc

      Mr. Green

  • AyaMi's Avatar
    86 posts since May '02
    • Originally posted by Clio:
      Hi, just want to clarify, isn't cordyceps Dong Chong Chao instead of Danggui?

      hhaha.....

    • Originally posted by laurence82:
      Hmm, i checked this out. Cordyceps is called dong dong chao, while danggui is another herb or plant.

      Danggui is for women, ginseng is for men, According to my Herbs Book, it is heaty, so not anyhow taken.

      Urm, I think I mix up danggui and cordyceps. Oops. Will find out more abt cordyceps.

      actually there is no clear lines of which herbs men and women can use. for example u said that ginseng is for men but it is not really so.it can also be for women but taken in moderate amount and dosage plus the amount of times u taking it in a month or a few months.
      people who hv a 'heaty' body generally do not take ginseng as much and people who have a 'cold' body is not necessery meant for this herb too. so other than looking at the sexes of the human i think chinese herbs aim to look at the human body too in another perspective. so i think the way u look at things is too superficial and u only look on the surface of things.
      if u wonder why i know things about chinese herbs and before u omment on this, for ur information my mentor is a chinese physician so i know a little but not much.
      thanks

  • the Bear's Avatar
    149,790 posts since Feb '01
  • Clio's Avatar
    3 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by laurence82:
      Yup clio, u are right.Apologies.
      Think me made a mistake on this danggui and cordyceps.
      Will ask my mom more
      But the articles by Ross Institute did mention Herbalife didnt manage to get one product out which is Tang Quei Plus or something.Suspect it is actually danggui pills

      Let me quote.

      'In 1986, Herbalife settled with the state of California, paying $850,000 in fines and agreeing to remove two products from the market: Tang Quei Plus for menstrual cramps, and K-8, which was said to relieve stress. That very same year -- in a feat that may have been far more miraculous than any of his products -- Hughes successfully took his company public. '

      No worries, Laurence.. But I'm just curious, if Herbalife is as bad as it sounds, how is it possible that they can survive for 23 years?

  • AyaMi's Avatar
    86 posts since May '02
    • Originally posted by Clio:
      No worries, Laurence.. But I'm just curious, if Herbalife is as bad as it sounds, how is it possible that they can survive for 23 years?

      actually there was an extravanganza eariler this oct and in this worldwide meeting they explain things about the products and why the company was able to survive for so many years.
      i wonder if anyone heard of it?

  • Vice President
    laurence82's Avatar
    119,119 posts since Nov '03
    • Well, go read the articles I posted. I think one or two of them addressed this 'phenomenon'.

  • Goodeal's Avatar
    168 posts since Jul '03
    • Originally posted by AyaMi:
      actually there was an extravanganza eariler this oct and in this worldwide meeting they explain things about the products and why the company was able to survive for so many years.
      i wonder if anyone heard of it?

      care to share?

  • AyaMi's Avatar
    86 posts since May '02
    • Originally posted by Goodeal:
      care to share?

      hi..sorry...recently busy wif my work n stuffs so really no time to come online Very Happy
      bt anyways...i hvn get a ans from the office in US but i will ask for it at the singapore office.
      hmm...about the extravanganza?its a long story....maybe i will explain in parts
      is that alrite?
      Very Happy

  • Vice President
    laurence82's Avatar
    119,119 posts since Nov '03
    • So, how is Herbalife now. My sponsor told me it took them four years to be permitted to be in SIngapore, is that true?

  • Goodeal's Avatar
    168 posts since Jul '03
    • Originally posted by AyaMi:
      hi..sorry...recently busy wif my work n stuffs so really no time to come online Very Happy
      bt anyways...i hvn get a ans from the office in US but i will ask for it at the singapore office.
      hmm...about the extravanganza?its a long story....maybe i will explain in parts
      is that alrite?
      Very Happy

      well if you dont mind typing it out... Very Happy

  • Vice President
    laurence82's Avatar
    119,119 posts since Nov '03
  • Alex Wong's Avatar
    463 posts since Oct '03
  • GreenEyes's Avatar
    30 posts since Mar '03
    • For those who wan to know more bout wat the hell is Network Marketing, pls give urself some time to view the following URL Very Happy :

      http://www.mlm.ch/

      (copy and paste it in ur link)

      u will find answers to :

      1) How Network Marketing, this biz concept comes about?
      2) Why Network Marketing products so expensive?
      3) Why are their products so good?
      4) Why people mistaken it as pyramid scheme? etc

      Find out more answers from there. Cheers~!

      No matter what company u r from, lets not backstab each other since it does no good to the industry.

      Why this industry is getting worse is due to blacksheep among these companies. Jus take a look at the newspaper for the past one month, alot of articles is focusing on NETWORK MARKETING, and they also teaches us how to prevent from bad companies. if u wan to know, read the straits times forum on MLM and chinese lianhezhaobao on last sunday 18/01/04.

      Most imptly, its not the money that counts. Some need money as their motivation, some need cars as their motivation, some need to sit down relax doing nothing to get money.. but there are some here to know more new friends, some here to learn the skills tat a real networker can attain eg public speaking and communication skills, and some here to gain general knowledge since it is an industry with people from all works of life.

      jus my 3 cents worth of comments.

  • AyaMi's Avatar
    86 posts since May '02
    • yah...actually there is a difference. thanks anyways
      and the person named laurence82...i guess u must be trying to be funny rite? but its not funny nor is it rite to go to the other chat or discussion topics about herbalife and flame there. when u are actually trying to 'act' good here. i would appriciate it if u don't do that.

      Originally posted by GreenEyes:
      For those who wan to know more bout wat the hell is Network Marketing, pls give urself some time to view the following URL Very Happy :

      http://www.mlm.ch/

      (copy and paste it in ur link)

      u will find answers to :

      1) How Network Marketing, this biz concept comes about?
      2) Why Network Marketing products so expensive?
      3) Why are their products so good?
      4) Why people mistaken it as pyramid scheme? etc

      Find out more answers from there. Cheers~!

      No matter what company u r from, lets not backstab each other since it does no good to the industry.

      Why this industry is getting worse is due to blacksheep among these companies. Jus take a look at the newspaper for the past one month, alot of articles is focusing on NETWORK MARKETING, and they also teaches us how to prevent from bad companies. if u wan to know, read the straits times forum on MLM and chinese lianhezhaobao on last sunday 18/01/04.

      Most imptly, its not the money that counts. Some need money as their motivation, some need cars as their motivation, some need to sit down relax doing nothing to get money.. but there are some here to know more new friends, some here to learn the skills tat a real networker can attain eg public speaking and communication skills, and some here to gain general knowledge since it is an industry with people from all works of life.

      jus my 3 cents worth of comments.
    • hmm...herbalife does not contain the chinese medication named ephedrine and it is because people abused this chinese medication so when u abused it and overused it of course it will get u some undesireable side effects and moreover a little of everything is good but not too much jus like vit c.taking to much of it will get u liver stones but on the other hand when u combined certain kind of vitamins together jus like combining chinese medication together u need to have a 'yao yin' to catalyst the effects or to cancel the side effects of the other chinese medication when u brew them together. it works the same. u can't hv too much of anything but a bit of everything will do u good

      if anyone wants to hv a good talk about this and to know more about the products of herbalife we can arrange a time to meet and talk about this. don worry...no obligation. i jus wan to let u know what is this about.
      anyways this is about network marketing. not mlm. its a total different thing

      Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

  • Vice President
    laurence82's Avatar
    119,119 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by AyaMi:
      yah...actually there is a difference. thanks anyways
      and the person named laurence82...i guess u must be trying to be funny rite? but its not funny nor is it rite to go to the other chat or discussion topics about herbalife and flame there. when u are actually trying to 'act' good here. i would appriciate it if u don't do that.

      Btw, the articles are given to me by a nutritionist. I was eating Herbalife products, and she tried to persuade me not to eat it. I would have thought the articles are informative enough. U can say I flame, when I read thru my posts, I didnt rant and rage. Same for the person who post revealing articles on overpricing of ntiparis and AMH products. If you dont believe the facts and info, I can only say ,too bad. Please do consider your products carefully, coz you are giving it to people to consume.

      Cheers.

  • AyaMi's Avatar
    86 posts since May '02
    • hmm... the thing about the articles was a long time ago.i din't even mention about that and i didn't say i don believe u. and pls do not say that 'If you dont believe the facts and info, I can only say ,too bad. Please do consider your products carefully, coz you are giving it to people to consume.' cause i consume it and i DO consider who will benifit from it.
      think that some of the people here should read some of the post u posted in one of the 3 herbalife treads.
      and u did mention that u were one a distruibutor rite?

      laurence82
      Junior Member

      Joined: 02 Nov 2003
      Posts: 1190

      Send Message 22 November 2003 · 01:54 PM

      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Hi guys,
      I[u] was once a Herbalife distributor and would like to contibute the following articles.[/u] Whether you believe them or not, I cannot help it. Since its entry into Singapore few months ago, several World Team Leaders and Supervisors have left the company. I believed they left for the reasons that I did.

      http://www.cfs.purdue.edu/extension/efr/efr9-3.htm
      http://www.essentialdrugs.org/edrug/archive/199705/msg00005.php
      http://www.rickross.com/groups/herbalife.html

      These articles are from recognised institutions, and should help those who want to do have a informed decisions, If you want to know more reasons for not joining Herbalife, please PM me

      Cheers and have a good day.

      Kopitiam Extravaganza HQ
      If your dream is big enough, the facts dont count

      but now u say that u are jus a consumer, a person jus taking the products. so since u are a distruibutor once, u should know how their marketing works and how they work. so people pls read carefully what laurence82 wrote in the herbalife tread began by shutthehellup and tell me what u think of what he says there? i am not trying to say anything but read this
      this is from that tread:

      laurence82
      Junior Member

      Joined: 02 Nov 2003
      Posts: 1190

      Send Message 24 December 2003 · 04:05 AM

      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      quote:
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Originally posted by boy in blues:
      if you interested to know more, simply make random call to their head office and say you wish to have the contact number of Mdm Chan from their marketing department. then just phone her and arrange to meet at the Mcdonald's near your place. she sure ok one.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Huh? U sure or not?

      hmm.... does this sound like u are trying to act to be ignorant of the herbalife way of doing things and their marketing plans if u are once their distributor?

      this is what i think is not very nice to do
      do u?

      Originally posted by laurence82:
      Btw, the articles are given to me by a nutritionist. I was eating Herbalife products, and she tried to persuade me not to eat it. I would have thought the articles are informative enough. U can say I flame, when I read thru my posts, I didnt rant and rage. Same for the person who post revealing articles on overpricing of ntiparis and AMH products. If you dont believe the facts and info, I can only say ,too bad. Please do consider your products carefully, coz you are giving it to people to consume.

      Cheers.
Please Login or Signup to reply.