24 Jul, 02:30PM in sunny Singapore!

What do you think of [b]Lampe Berger[/b]?

Subscribe to What do you think of [b]Lampe Berger[/b]? 25 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    5 posts since Sep '04
    • Hihi...

Who knows about Lampe Berger, their products & their MLM principal? What do you think?

I heard their product is very good for health, is helpful for low & high blood pressure, minimize asthma attack & produce ozone for ground. Besides their fragrance lamp price can be appreciated from time to time. Is it good to buy and keep (invest)?

I can see they have ISO certified and they have a lot of members too. However the price is high, even I am interested to purchase but as I have limited budget.

I understand the relationship between Lampe Berger & Bell Air, which one u think is better (in products & business doing)? I heard Lampe Berger is much more better as they said Bell Air is cheating, has fake products and high selling price, even the lamp of Bell Air can be depreciated. What is your valuable opinion then?

Thanks for your valuable information.

Best Regards
      [email protected]

70 posts since Jan '04
    • Hi,

Don't join these Companies unless you have many wealthy friends and provided you are willing to lose them.

They are not honest(I refer to the MLM Companies) and tell you a bit of their background(the MLM, not the factory):

a) They are actually the same, family business, 2 brothers, one running each. The boss of Bel Air(I refer to the MLM business) is the original boss of Lampe Berger MLM when it first started. Later, they produced imitation products and split into 2 Companies to market it because the French factory will not allow them to market others products. So the original Company market Bel Air while his brother(no one heard of him earlier) set up a new Company to market Lampe Berger and the distributors are forced to join either one Company.

b) When they first started they claimed Lampe Berger have a patent that is exclusive and no one can produce similar types of products for at least another 16 years but hardly 3 years later, they came out with Bel Air.

c) The products are not as effective as they claimed and it is very costly to use, and troublesome too.

d) For your information, you can buy Lampe Berger at the websites, from U.S. at easily 20% to 30% of their direct-selling products. one of them is www.lampeberger.com. (So Bel Air distributors can claim theirs are better because Bel Air products are not available cheaper elsewhere).

Note: I am not saying Lampe Berger products are no good. In Europe and U.S.. I will say they are better because they are better value for money, not in their MLM schemes where the prices are 3 times the original retail prices.

Promote it only if you want to promote pyramid scams and be prepared to sell your friends as well !!!

I know many of their customers are not using the products anymore and may want to sell off their old bottles. I suggest you advertise to buy them and sell at secondhand prices. You are sure to make profits this way. Think about it if you are really interested in selling thse products.

• Hi JK,

Don't be fooled by them into thinking its an investment product. Their new designs and productions will never stop and do you think anyone will want to pay higher for old products second hand without the business opportunity ??

I know someone who bought the one and only piece in Singapore and Malaysia for RM25,000(highest priced pc at that time, now there are more expensive ones) designed by Daum Crystal for their 100th anniversary in 1998 but get offers for RM20,000 only. The other modals are surely worse.

5 posts since Sep '04
    • Thanks a lot for your information.

How you know about their (family business) background?

I heard the story as follow:

Older Brother (Founder of Lampe Berger in Asia - Taiwanese) has got the license as a sole agent of the Lampe Berger in Asia.

Younger Brother went to Paris to discuss with Lampe Berger manufacturer to fight for the license but failed, then he moved to Bel Air.

Lampe Berger now claims Bel Air is a fake product and they said Bel Air founder (the younger brother) simply created this product (Bel Air) to fight with Lampe Berger and Bel Air, in fact, does not exist at all, no manufacturer etc.

Is it true?

I would like to know is the product very effective for different illness (such as minimize asthma attack & produce ozone for ground) & good for health?

I am sorry that as I am new to this industry and know nothing, therefore I wish to learn more. Hopefully you can assist me

I can see out they have a lot of members (uplines & downlines) and many of them are doing very alright, gain a lot of monies (income for counts are at least RM8k per month for those not working, and RM30k for those who are working hard, and even higher return for marquis). As you said, you have many friends not using their products anymore, I guess they were doing this (direct selling) as well before, may I know their opinions why they wanna quit this profitable business and stop using the products?

Thank you very much in advanced for your information & kind assistance.

Best Regards

• Actually I am just a student, from average income family.

I wish to earn some monies to support my family as my father is already old.

As I know many of my uplines are earning a huge & stable monthly income from Lampe Berger thus I hope to share this "golden opportunity" with my friends who are looking for monies too. Actually I have several friends who need monies for studies thus we hope we can cooperate together.

I never attended any direct selling seminar before and this is the 1st one. They have no maintenance (not like other companies) and they claim this is an opportunity for monies earnings. Is it true?

I think this business has already out of its business nature, no more concentration on the products but only inviting people to join then we earn the commissions from their "membership". Product is just a supplementary business & usage. Thus we are selling / giving the golden opportunity but not on the products. What do you think so?

I have financial problem in my family lately and I have no choice. I understand there is nothing else I can do / work outside which can give me such a fast & big return, also for my friends who having the same problem as me. Am I thinking the wrong concept? Please provide me your valuable opinion.

I have no experience, and I just think, when I ask my friend to join (the cheapest - RM2500 as a franchisee), they will ask other to join too. And the product itself I think is good too, especially for bad air pollution in our world at this age, so I think RM2500 is worthy as well...? wat u think about it?

May I know why you all can regard this as lies or cheats? Please consult me.

I think if I can learn more in this industry, then maybe I can work to the peak and avoid any unforeseen bad incidents from happening on me and my friends.

Please help...

Thank you very much.

Best Regards

70 posts since Jan '04
    • Hi,

Don't simply believe in anything anyone said. Use your own intelligence to figure who is more believable.
      Regards to the 2 brothers, they are still in the same family, all those fighting stories are made up so that their own distributors will still support them. Most distributors cannot accept their own Company doing more than I mlm company especially the same product line.
      Think of this, if they are really business enemies, don't you think one of them should lower their prices to wipe off the other ? They don't.
      Secondly, only the leaders are telling those stories, have you personally heard from the brothers badmouth the other openly in a seminar crowd ? No.
      Many distributors and customers stopped using because they find it too costly, troublesome or not as effective as claimed. As an aroma product to enjoy the smell, I agree it's good it's not pratical to pay so much for it.
      Do you know how they do the business now ? They talk the new distributors to buy in bulk to enjoy better discounts and position. After stocking so much, they are forced to promote and sell it off.

As for the health effect, I think every kind of health products have good testimonials, otherwise the product will not be around. Do you believe just "smelling" could give better health effect than "food" ??
      I don't believe testimonials totally from MLM Companies, they are usually exaggerated by the distributors and don't forget what works for 1 person don't mean it works for everyone else.

Ask yourself this simple question before you join any MLM Company.
      Are you willing to buy the product for personal use if not because of the business ? If not, it is not a good business to do.

5 posts since Sep '04
    • Dear Friends,

I have received many personal emails since my post. Many thanks for your information and kind advises here.

I will reconsider about it.

Thank you very much once again.

Best Regards
      JK

3 posts since Oct '04
    • mind sharing what you found out? im thinking of joining lampe berger also. it seems like a legitimate mlm company….

5 posts since Sep '04
    • what i found out is wat my upland told me. that's why i m looking 4 info here, hope who knows about it can give us a hand.

pls...

thx

5 posts since Sep '04
    • I studied their plan and products. It don’t work unless you have the capital to stock up to enjoy the maximum discount.

72 posts since Oct '04
    • just went to their talk todae...
      if interested to find out what i feel/think , u can pm me...

Edited by stat 08 Oct `04, 9:54AM
    50 posts since Mar '03
    • stock up, and retail stores ie tangs are competing and selling lamp berger products with the distributors.

i for one dunt see eye to eye with that.

only super salesmen can succeed, or if you stock up to get overriding

124,515 posts since Nov '03
    • even tho some aromatheraphy stuff may be value for money, and effective, a lot of MLM companies that try to dabble in arommatheraphy do not offer competitive prices or market it to wrong market.

aromatheraphy products are known as oestantious or luxury goods. most such products are highly priced and without obvious beneficial value. no doubt i met people who impressed me with some good ones, or highly accredited stuff, but most people cant afford it. my marketing lecturer who used to work in the marketing side of belair observed that distributors ended up looking for the rich to purchase their products. not all survive, ended only got few 'super saleman'

many stories i heard from elders that the number of sellers of AP dwindled, the onli ones left are super salesman. This fact run contrary to companies that try to promote MLM as a business that ordinary people can do. Neither they or people in their social circle are able to buy or sell the products. This is the case where coys target the wrong market and leaving agents frustrated.

Second point is that, aromatheraphy is an attractive product for disguised pyramid. Many do not noe that a lot of the cost of AP goes into the bottles ,not the content. The stuff inside can be cheap, but some coys try to create branding by selling 'specially made crystal bottles', or 'uniquely designed container'. Remember warnings of diguised pyramid pointing to 'products with no obvious beneficial value' in many DSA webby or watchdogs webby?

nti is a good example, having little or no marketing at all of their products. With no obvious value, the cost can be low, much profits can be made much from the 288 bucks.

Not forgetting the target market now is teens. Since AP is much for the rich, and most teens cant afford to continually purchase AP (if they purchase at all), the crux of nti earning point lies in the 288 bucks most teens will be able to cough up. Its the maintaining part they probably have problems with. Thats why the need for continuous recruitment.

This is why most people also point out why target teens with AP stuff, since there is problem in reconciling their income and the prices of the goods.

72 posts since Oct '04
    • for LP, u need to cough up $1042 before getting the opportunity to pay another $70 for membership….

3 posts since Oct '04
    • hmnn.... but the business preview said that lampe berger's main function is supposed to to clean the air. aroma therapy is a secondary function.

and they did say something about having a 6mil euro for claims or something liddat if you fell sick using the product.

about luxary... ive been told by my freind that water filters were considered luxary 10 years ago too. but today many houses have at least a few water filters.

my main concern is to know if lampe berger is actually worth what they claim they are. can any experienced salesperson or business minded people share their oppinion on this?

ive heard that belair is an imitation of lampe berger and my freind likes to use the comparison between coke and pepsi. and he often tells me about y nike is so expensive but yet people still buy them. i feel that he is talking quite a lot of sense here. im interested partially because i think i can have a future with lampe berger. not to mention that the plan is quite fantastic (other than the initial put-off of achieving quite a high sales b4 advancing to the next level. but i beleive elken is also like that)

72 posts since Oct '04
    • SO WILSON IS IN LAMPE BERGER?

a geniune mlm shd not have a barrier to entry in terms of participation fees..
      more mlm i have seen has member fees like 50-100.
      although some have to renew yearly.....
      most need not....

3 posts since Oct '04
    • i think you are mistaken dude. initial sign up is 50-150. with that you get some starter kit thingi. and you can start selling Smile)

im quite into this thing... almost 90%ready to join. just want some reassurance. personally i want to hear what others have to say about this. others who are not from lampe berger that is. and like most people i dont appreciate flaming.

404 posts since Jun '04
    • if you interested to buy up the position.. i can offer mine. i have already have stocks and some downline on my account. you can pm me on the details if you wish to know more.

72 posts since Oct '04
    • oh Wilson...dun get me wrong...

this is wat the Maquire explained to me the other day...
      req to spend a certain amt then can get membership...
      membership is $70....

if this info is wrong, then just too bad coz the high pin din put it clearly across....

how old are you?

125 posts since Sep '04
    1 post since Oct '04
    • Hello, I'm kinda new here. So go easy on me.

I've been at Bel'Air since the beginning. Watched it grow to what it is today. I was also there during the split between LB and BA. So I know what is the true story behind both the companies. I have no idea how the stories got so warped and bended. What some of you said is true. And some exagerrated.

Back then, the Younger brother, Mr Kenneth Huang was the CEO of LB Asia, and of the Network Company called Sathelyne France. He was given the sole agency to distribute LB products in Asia Only. The problem we faced while doing LB was that the factory and HQ back in France did not fully support MLM. They allowed parallel retail import into Singapore. That caused a lot of confusion and difficulty for the distributors who joined us. Another problem faced was that the burner heads would always clog up. Due to the humidity of our country and region, the heads cant work effectively here, and is prone to clogging and defects. When we called back to France HQ for tech support, they gave us none. There was a lot of supply chain probs too. As France side shipping was always priotised for the retailers more than the MLM company. Lastly, LB was unwilling to expand into new product ranges, such as facial washes etc...

So we dropped the LB agency, and setup Bel Air. A few of the researchers left LB to join us as well. So we setup our own factory, R & D facilities etc. At first, there was a lot of confusion on both sides. Thoes who wanted to join us can join us. Thoes who choose to stay stayed. WE NEVER FORCE ANYONE TO JOIN US! We were totally independent, running our own show. Our product range is not more expensive than LB's. Price wise, its almost the same. Anyway, after we build up our foundation in Singapore, LB and the remaining distributors setup Lampe Berger Singapore and have been black mouthing us since. Its true that in a way, we did imitate the product. But one can also say we improved on a 100 year old stagnant arometherapy lampe. It was Lampe Berger CEO who said that MLM could never work in Singapore or Asia. We proved him wrong.

Let me ask you guys this. How could our government allow an imitation, a "pirated" product, a scam be a main of NDP 04? Trust me, I was involved in NDP 04. And I know how sponsors are selected. Its not because of money. Its because of the reputation of the business.

I guess none of you would believe what i said. Most of you would dismiss what i've said, saying I'm in Bel Air, thus bias. To be honest, I dont work as a distributor in Bel Air. And I'm not a staff. But I was there seeing how hard our Asia CEO worked to build up this business, and never did she do it fpr profit. So I know these things.

33 posts since Nov '04
    • Just remember that when you are choosing a network marketing company, where there are so many out there, take a look at what we called the 4Ps: -

Products
      Potential
      Personnel
      Plan

203 posts since Dec '03
    • I bought a count load from LB. After a few months I wrote it off as failed investment. The essential oils are evidently overpriced. Can be bought directly from France for less than half the price. But because DCHL got the sole Asian distributorship for LB, we cannot import from France to sell here.

The reasons why my biz fail:
      1) Personally I got little drive to make it a success

2) My uplines are too practical, always push me & every one else to get our friends to buy a count load coz the effort to convince them to buy a countload and for juz a franchise is the same. Totally not customer friendly!

Having said that, I must admit the products are good. If you were to join, my advise is to buy more of Estebel, less of the oils coz Estebel beauty products are really quite good and more sellable.

1,780 posts since Dec '04
    • Originally posted by Boxer:
      I bought a count load from LB. After a few months I wrote it off as failed investment. The essential oils are evidently overpriced. Can be bought directly from France for less than half the price. But because DCHL got the sole Asian distributorship for LB, we cannot import from France to sell here.

2) My uplines are too practical, always push me & every one else to get our friends to buy a count load coz the effort to convince them to buy a countload and for juz a franchise is the same. Totally not customer friendly!

Having said that, I must admit the products are good. If you were to join, my advise is to buy more of Estebel, less of the oils coz Estebel beauty products are really quite good and more sellable.

Everything in MLM are sellable, it just about how to convince or encourage the person to use it for himself or the family, it is to educate the masses. That's what it is for. For your uplines wise, maybe they are still new, thus speaking to a more experience one will help, instead of talking to the same person who cannot yield any results. I believe you still have stock on hand, see how much you can return if yours is still in the cooling off period. Anything you can pm me again.

Edited by sLeEpWaLkErInG 11 Jan `05, 12:37PM
    72 posts since Oct '04
    • Originally posted by Boxer:
      I bought a count load from LB. After a few months I wrote it off as failed investment. The essential oils are evidently overpriced. Can be bought directly from France for less than half the price. But because DCHL got the sole Asian distributorship for LB, we cannot import from France to sell here.

You have to know the purpose of doing things in order to excel in them.
      For example, if u dunno why you are going thru poly or uni, u will find the 3-4 years quite tiring. If you know that your purpose is to get that piece of paper so that you can be a doctor, engineer, accountant etc...then u shd be more motivated to do well.

Upline usually wont sabo you coz if you do well, they do well too.
      However, you shd always take their advice with a pinch of salt as this is your business. If you think the better way to rise is to do the networking method instead of buying, then discuss with them and see how they can help you with that. They should not coerce you to buy up to Count lor....

Please Login or Signup to reply.