22 Oct, 09:32PM in sunny Singapore!

VSC Interviews

Subscribe to VSC Interviews 21 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    17,875 posts since Jun '05
    • Hear there is a interview coming up on 28th December 2006.

Can someone confirm if its a interview or the assessment?

4 posts since Dec '06
    • eh if im not wrong its the assessment, cz i just got the letter...
      just wondering, if im 20 this year does that make me the youngest guy going for this?

Edited by exilianzz 27 Dec `06, 6:41PM
    254 posts since Oct '06
    168 posts since May '06
    • Wah lau! i didnt receive any letter yet.. DIE! T.T its tml!

• exilian.. did you go for the assessment on 06/11 b4? mMhz.. that day i think i am the youngest girl.. 18.. haha

4 posts since Dec '06
    • aiya paiseh dou dou i almost went for ur batch but they told me i had to ord first haha. So in the end i go for this coming assessment. Otherwise the nov batch got the youngest guy n gal

168 posts since May '06
    • oh.. means tml is still assessment de.. phew.. i am still waiting for the next assessment/interview.. i tot they rejected me.. T.T

15 posts since May '03
    • haiz..im also waiting for interviews...if the course starts any later, i might have to reconsider le... Confused will clash with my exams

168 posts since May '06
    • oh.. but it is at night.. since you are still studying.. why still consider on vsc? should concentrate. haha.. for me, i dun mind. haha..

15 posts since May '03
    168 posts since May '06
    • mMhz.. viciouskitty said b4 the next batch training will commence at around march i think~ so how?

1,487 posts since Jun '05
    • I personally find it funny that though the minimum age to enter the VSC is 18, males have to complete NS obligations before being allowed to join. I am assuming this is to allow the males to develop themselves physically before taking up duties as a VSC officer.

Wouldn't it be funny to restrict an 18-yo male from joining the VSC just because he hasn't served NS but allow a female, without any need to fulfill NS obligations, to join the VSC at 18? It sounds as if they are implying 18-yo males cannot do the job as a VSC officer as well an 18-yo female.

Maybe they should extend the female age limit to 21 instead. I am not trying to sound sexist here but it is definitely a fact that most females at 18 aren't really that physically sound yet. Very few of them look as if they could actually take on a suspect in unarmed combat, regardless of gender.

168 posts since May '06
    • Maybe because girl need to train and build up themselves so had to join earlier. is like spending that 2 or 3 years in VSC to train. Whereas the guys will train in NS. haha

• the thing is it’s not a ‘have’ or ‘must’ to join the VSC. it’s completely voluntary. so the building up of fitness thing does not apply here.

226 posts since May '05
    • Originally posted by Deunamist:
      I personally find it funny that though the minimum age to enter the VSC is 18, males have to complete NS obligations before being allowed to join. I am assuming this is to allow the males to develop themselves physically before taking up duties as a VSC officer.

Wouldn't it be funny to restrict an 18-yo male from joining the VSC just because he hasn't served NS but allow a female, without any need to fulfill NS obligations, to join the VSC at 18? It sounds as if they are implying 18-yo males cannot do the job as a VSC officer as well an 18-yo female.

Maybe they should extend the female age limit to 21 instead. I am not trying to sound sexist here but it is definitely a fact that most females at 18 aren't really that physically sound yet. Very few of them look as if they could actually take on a suspect in unarmed combat, regardless of gender.

The reason for males to complete NS first is that they do not want to interfere with your NS Liability... Imagine when you are serving NS than they ask you to book in and out during weeknights... It causes lotz of interference thus this could be the reason why.

If lets say they put the age limit for females at 21 and guys at 18..... This wont be gender equality right?

Anyway this is a voluntarily service after all! =D

Edited by loonyloony 28 Dec `06, 5:52PM
    15 posts since May '03
    • Originally posted by d0ud0u:
      mMhz.. viciouskitty said b4 the next batch training will commence at around march i think~ so how?

haiz...sad le lor

• I'm gonna serve SPF anyway. Just wanna join VSC first to learn before I sign on, but it's not possible Mad

4 posts since Dec '06
    • I just finished the test an hr ago. Gd luck to all the folks who took it today. There was abt 80 of us, I wonder how many will be left next yr

168 posts since May '06
    • so it is the psychometric test right? not interview right? Phew. i scare i miss the interview~ but why the interview so long de? already 2 months

4 posts since Dec '06
    168 posts since May '06
    • hehe think so.. so do you get any info about around when will be the next interview? hehe

Please Login or Signup to reply.