23 Jul, 02:48AM in sunny Singapore!

Junior Police Officer Intake

Subscribe to Junior Police Officer Intake 1,309 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • TWJ's Avatar
    2 posts since Mar '17
    • @nextR how long did you wait after your SA till your checkup? Have you received your enlistment letter already?

  • heatob's Avatar
    11 posts since Mar '17
    • Originally posted by srazin:


      For my batch's SA, the english proficiency test was actually more like an essay/compo writing. You will get a random topic like, "Why do you want to join the SPF (i guess it mainly revolves around this topic). Don't stress too much about it, mainly use it as a platform to freely express your thoughts, at least that's what I did. I can't remember if there was an actual vocabulary/grammar test, but even if there was, it shouldn't be too hard. Neither of this should be a problem lah, will be quite simple/straightforward, it won't be like super hard, so really don't worry about it too much.

      I would say prepare more for the interview, you can predict on some qns they will ask maybe let's say, based on your background. They will definitely sure ask the same question as ever "Why you wanna join SPF, etc etc". All the best!

      Thank you for your reply! Also may I know how long will the interview be? 

  • firtree's Avatar
    12 posts since Sep '16
    • Sorry, I know you were asking someone else, but from my own experience, it took around four hours plus. It started in the morning... maybe 10? For me, and I was the last few to be interviewed. I finished around 4pm I believe, cuz I had to rush back to camp for my ord parade at 6 XD

  • heatob's Avatar
    11 posts since Mar '17
    • Originally posted by firtree:

      Sorry, I know you were asking someone else, but from my own experience, it took around four hours plus. It started in the morning... maybe 10? For me, and I was the last few to be interviewed. I finished around 4pm I believe, cuz I had to rush back to camp for my ord parade at 6 XD

      @firtree Thank you!!! And everyone here for the insights! I'll be having my SA tmr biggrin.png Good luck to me haha

  • nextR's Avatar
    4 posts since Jan '17
    • @TWJ about a month. Nope, have yet to receive any letter because I passed NAPFA. What funny was, when the person called me to ask, I said I haven't receive. He was liek "harrr okay, give us a call when you receive it".

  • Miller.john.writings's Avatar
    1 post since Mar '17
  • _wxna's Avatar
    15 posts since Dec '16
  • heatob's Avatar
    11 posts since Mar '17
    • Originally posted by _wxna:

      Any one know the frequency of intake in a year ? 

      I heard it's every month unless there's too lil peeps in the batch then they'll move them to the next month

  • _wxna's Avatar
    15 posts since Dec '16
  • Hardshipswithnames's Avatar
    6 posts since Sep '16
    • Hello! Just wondering if any of you guys applied for JO recently? Because my friend applied few days back and within two days, got the email of rejection. Has anyone experienced this and have any clue of what could've went wrong? thanks! 

  • BigFudge's Avatar
    5 posts since Jan '11
    • Originally posted by Hardshipswithnames:

      Hello! Just wondering if any of you guys applied for JO recently? Because my friend applied few days back and within two days, got the email of rejection. Has anyone experienced this and have any clue of what could've went wrong? thanks! 

      I applied for the second time on 25th March and my application was unsuccessful on the 27th March. Didn't receive any email, checked the portal and found out. Anyone experience this as well?

  • firtree's Avatar
    12 posts since Sep '16
    • Originally posted by Hardshipswithnames:

      Hello! Just wondering if any of you guys applied for JO recently? Because my friend applied few days back and within two days, got the email of rejection. Has anyone experienced this and have any clue of what could've went wrong? thanks! 

       

      They will never tell you what went wrong if you failed application, interview or medical.

      I only know that if u got record, cannot join. Maybe they look at quota or clearance level? I'm not sure. I'm sorry your friend didn't get in.

  • Hardshipswithnames's Avatar
    6 posts since Sep '16
    • Originally posted by firtree:

       

      They will never tell you what went wrong if you failed application, interview or medical.

      I only know that if u got record, cannot join. Maybe they look at quota or clearance level? I'm not sure. I'm sorry your friend didn't get in.

      I guess the cap for recruitment is real. lol. my friend went ahead first for the second time and the soonest i can re-apply is next month end sighpie.. idk what else to apply already

  • firtree's Avatar
    12 posts since Sep '16
    • By right, they should have notified you if rejected. I guess you'll just have to wait to apply again uh. My whole process took nearly a year to complete. Now I just have to make sure I don't screw up my training and tests.

  • _wxna's Avatar
    15 posts since Dec '16
  • heatob's Avatar
    11 posts since Mar '17
    • 😮

      Edited by heatob 12 Apr `17, 8:23PM
    • Hi guys! Recently I emailed them saying that I recieved my latest academic transcript and would like to email them. Is there a GPA cutoff point for it? My grades ain't that good, but it's almost a 3. Will it reduce my chances to join the police force?

  • _wxna's Avatar
    15 posts since Dec '16
    • Hi heatob, I don't think it will reduce the chance :) they just want to have a record of it 

      my gpa isn't that good too xD 

  • heatob's Avatar
    11 posts since Mar '17
    • Originally posted by _wxna:

      Hi heatob, I don't think it will reduce the chance :) they just want to have a record of it 

      my gpa isn't that good too xD 

      Ahhh I see, thank you! @_wxna

      Edited by heatob 18 Apr `17, 1:49PM
  • Mulberry Janice's Avatar
    15 posts since Oct '16
    • Hi all,

      just to check, can a private diploma holder be accepted into police force? Ty

  • heatob's Avatar
    11 posts since Mar '17
    • Hi all, sadly i received an email saying I was rejected :/ Good luck to the rest who are still waiting! And @Mulberry Janice, they will take you in but using ur o'lvl instead!

    • Btw, I waited more than a month just to receive the email... Gave me false hopes :(

  • Douglasgjl96's Avatar
    1 post since Apr '17
  • _wxna's Avatar
    15 posts since Dec '16
    • Sorry to hear @heatob... if u are trying  6 months later, I wish u all the best ! 

  • srazin's Avatar
    3 posts since Jan '17
    • Originally posted by heatob:

      Btw, I waited more than a month just to receive the email... Gave me false hopes :(

      That sucks to hear too man, I received my rejection email 3 months after my medical as well

Please Login or Signup to reply.