Senior Police Officer Intake 2016

Subscribe to Senior Police Officer Intake 2016 583 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    32 posts since Nov '15
    • Originally posted by KF:

Need help!

Applied on 15 oct 16

Shortlisted for SA on 11 jan 

From what i have gathered earlier, there will be a psychometric test in mcq as well as essay writing?

Any idea what to expect from the essay?

After that is physical assessment. What to expect?

If pass the test, what are the next steps? What to prep for?

Anyone else going for the same SA?

KF, Don't worry too much about SA. MCQ questions basically contains questions on situations and how you react to them. After which will be some questions regarding yourselves and family.

Essay questions come at random. Its a open ended question and you will try to fill in what you can. I think the main thing is that they want to test you on your basic English. Seen on this forum too that sometimes during your dialogue session or Panel interview, they may ask questions from the content of your essay. However, for the essay, just write what you can think of. Don't spend too much time thinking of a correct answer.

Physical assessment very simple only. Just some simple "exercised" and check if you have any deforms here and there.

After passing the test, the next thing will be dialogue session. Where 2 interviewers will interview you.

• Originally posted by DCCS:

Thanks all for the replies.Emotionally, Just feels kinda hard to "move on" cos indirectly i'll be mentally giving up on my dream by very likely ending up in a desk job.

But that being said,The logical me would still get myself to apply for other jobs 1st and get some relevant experience. Like "anyhoow" says, I don't really have alot more 6 months to spare too..I'm somewhat in my mid twenties alr, fresh out of uni and broke af. Work experience and cca records aren't as colourful as ppl my age, my parents nagging aint helping much either.

Last i heard from some insiders is that their quota has been reached thats why they rejected quickly. Whether its true or not, i'll just have to lie to myself that thats the case for the time being to feel better. Yeah I know its hard getting in, i don't give in easily but what irks me is that im not even given a chance to prove myself. 

I suggest that you look for a job first. Perhaps gain some experience or maybe part time jobs. Try out some volunteering events which enable you to lead a team. These leadership experiences can be put into your Resume. 

2 posts since Jan '17
    • Originally posted by Anyhoow:

KF, Don't worry too much about SA. MCQ questions basically contains questions on situations and how you react to them. After which will be some questions regarding yourselves and family.

Essay questions come at random. Its a open ended question and you will try to fill in what you can. I think the main thing is that they want to test you on your basic English. Seen on this forum too that sometimes during your dialogue session or Panel interview, they may ask questions from the content of your essay. However, for the essay, just write what you can think of. Don't spend too much time thinking of a correct answer.

Physical assessment very simple only. Just some simple "exercised" and check if you have any deforms here and there.

After passing the test, the next thing will be dialogue session. Where 2 interviewers will interview you.

Thanks Anyhoow for the detailed response! Very nervous actually im worried ill screw up on the essay part if i dont "answer correctly". Shall just keep calm and give it a try then. Fingers crossed! 

Edited by KF 10 Jan `17, 9:51PM
    1 post since Jan '17
    • Hi all, 

Thanks for this thread, it has been really helpful! Anyway, I just got called up for SA after 2 months from my application date. That's a long wait but I kinda expected it after reading this forum. Wanna ask, my email stated that it is half-day for me only. Why is that so? From what I read here, all of you seemed to have gone (is going) for a full day SA... 

2 posts since Jan '17
    1 post since Jan '17
    • Just wondering though,

Currently pursuing psychology in unisim part time. What is the pay scale like for SPO? Is it dependent on the degree classification? Because on their website, they only mentioned about the range for the different ranks like Inspector and ASP. 

How to know if rank is going to be inspector or ASP? Is it based on honours classifications also? I saw on CNB website that their first class and 2nd upper starting pay is 3.7k though with ASP rank.

Also, from SPO can choose preferred department? Because I'm highly interested in K9. 

2 posts since Jan '17
    • As of current stand, there would be only driect entry as inspector for all degree holder. Nonetheless the type of degree you hold would determine your pay scale as compare to your peers

32 posts since Nov '15
    • Originally posted by Leonardthy:

I applied on 4th jan 17. Still waiting for replies though :(((

I applied 2 Dec 16 and still waiting. Be patient. :)))

Please Login or Signup to reply.