19 Feb, 02:21AM in sunny Singapore!

Senior Police Officer Intake

Subscribe to Senior Police Officer Intake 891 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    5 posts since Sep '17
    • Hi deelthirteen, I went for my panel in november and nothing heard so far. So probably need to wait for a while more. Hang in there!

15 posts since Mar '17
    8 posts since Nov '17
    • Hi everyone. It's already the last day of January. I hope we will receive an outcome about this sooner or later because it's driving me nuts! 

6 posts since Jan '18
    • One would've thought that if the next batch was slated for March/April, the outcomes would be known by now..

Seems like we might have to wait until after Chinese New Year before we hear anything

15 posts since Mar '17
    • Originally posted by Lyfe.is.good:

Hi everyone. It's already the last day of January. I hope we will receive an outcome about this sooner or later because it's driving me nuts! 

Hey! yes the wait is excruciating..i feel you.. morning wake up, check email, check [email protected] repeat every 5-10mins haha. Have u tried contacting the manpower for updates?

6 posts since Jan '18
    • @deel they'll probably just say that stuff about being in the midst of processing, large batch of candidates and all that.

If the November batch of panel interviewees hasn't heard anything, it might be some time before they get around to us.

5 posts since Sep '17
    • good luck guys!! should be hearing back from them anytime now? for those that went for panel in december, did the HR staff tell you all around how long you have to wait? for us november interviewees, we were told that the waiting time could be up to 3-4 months.

8 posts since Nov '17
    • @deel tried asking them but yeah he said the application is still being processed. 

@calvin nah, I don't think he told us how long it will take except that the entire process will be 6-8 months.  

6 posts since Jan '18
    • Originally posted by Calvintkj:

good luck guys!! should be hearing back from them anytime now? for those that went for panel in december, did the HR staff tell you all around how long you have to wait? for us november interviewees, we were told that the waiting time could be up to 3-4 months.

The guy who's always been there said something about taking up to three to four months as well..

Source: went for panel interview in December and already can't tolerate the suspense, I have no idea how the November bunch are dealing with it

10 posts since Oct '17
    • I was also told during the panel interview that it will take 3 to 4 months. I'm mentally prepared to not hear back till after CNY...

15 posts since Mar '17
    • Originally posted by Exvinix:

Attended Medical on 7th Jan 2016.

now is already 2 weeks . Feeling very shitty at work and feel like resigning but unsure of the application result. Anybody the same ?

I read that you went for medical on Oct? Oh my i cant imagine the waiting time for you.. but at least no news means it’s just a matter of time right? I mean, dont wanna be waiting for so long only to find the “thank you for application email” if yknow what i mean haha.. all the best man!!

6 posts since Jan '18
    • Originally posted by Noctwas:

I was also told during the panel interview that it will take 3 to 4 months. I'm mentally prepared to not hear back till after CNY...

Three, nearly four months without any updates, and you're still mentally prepared to wait it out - please share your coping mechanism(s) haha

10 posts since Oct '17
    • Originally posted by deelthirteen:

I read that you went for medical on Oct? Oh my i cant imagine the waiting time for you.. but at least no news means it’s just a matter of time right? I mean, dont wanna be waiting for so long only to find the “thank you for application email” if yknow what i mean haha.. all the best man!!

Thanks man. All the best to you too.

Seems like you waited more than 6 months between SA and AD dialogue? That's crazy! 

• Originally posted by Chewqyp:

Three, nearly four months without any updates, and you're still mentally prepared to wait it out - please share your coping mechanism(s) haha

Haha! Probably avoid looking at all the police recruitment ads on MRTs and Facebook

1 post since Feb '18
    • Hi guys

I applied on 12/12/2017 and went for the 1st round on 20/12/2017 but got rejected after that. Kinda sad about it. When can I reapply again? I it 6 months after rejection or application? And do anyone know why they usually reject applicants in the 1st round? Im on my final semester in a local uni right now

6 posts since Jan '18
    • Originally posted by iris27:

Hi guys

I applied on 12/12/2017 and went for the 1st round on 20/12/2017 but got rejected after that. Kinda sad about it. When can I reapply again? I it 6 months after rejection or application? And do anyone know why they usually reject applicants in the 1st round? Im on my final semester in a local uni right now

Six months after rejection, and truth be told, no one knows the thought process of the powers that be.

It's definitely not a nice feeling to be cut at the first round, but hopefully next time will be better since you've an idea of what the process is like now.

Perhaps you could use this time to understand the nature of the job more, or to keep up with current affairs (especially those involving MHA) and to gain some leadership experience? That way you'll be more well-prepared next time round.

If you're sure it's what you want, don't give up!

Please Login or Signup to reply.