29 Apr, 03:23PM in sunny Singapore!

Colourful knotted wrist thread bracelet by Tibetan Rinpoche

Subscribe to Colourful knotted wrist thread bracelet by Tibetan Rinpoche 5 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    838 posts since Sep '15
    • My friend is wearing this which was blessed by a Tibetan monk.   Asked me if it is ok to just cut it and throw away.  She does not want to wear it any more.   I told her I don't know but will help to find out.  

Can anyone here advise ?? 

1,432 posts since Jun '10
    •  

Instead of cutting it up and throwing it away, it may be better to burned it and just said a short Om Ah Hum while doing so.

838 posts since Sep '15
    • Originally posted by Aik TC:

Instead of cutting it up and throwing it away, it may be better to burned it and just said a short Om Ah Hum while doing so.

Thank you.  Is this the normal practice?   My friend worries if there is any side effect after removing it, is there? 

1,432 posts since Jun '10
    •  

There is no one normal practice for getting rid of blessed objects. You are likely to get just as many different answers from just as many peoples. Some may advise that you put it away in a high place or place them inside a statue with other items, especially those that are hollow in the centre. This statue is then send to a temple to be blessed.  

It is a religious item, so disposed of it with some care and respect like not mixing it up with all your other trash before getting rid of it. There is nothing to feel guilty about removing the bracelet if there is no any bad intent for not wanting to wear it and if there is no advice as to how long you have to put it on. This is just my take.

838 posts since Sep '15
Please Login or Signup to reply.