23 Apr, 07:05PM in sunny Singapore!
Home Get REEL

"Based on a true story"

Subscribe to "Based on a true story" 35 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    1,346 posts since Oct '02
    • Originally posted by the Bear:
      you're trollin', ain't ya?

maybe I should watch it first , but isn't it inspired by the bible which surely cannot be true right?

149,694 posts since Feb '01
    • well, the bible is true to a lot of people...

i would say that the christians are a tolerant lot..

if you said that about someone who did a movie about the Koran, you'd probably be at the business end of a fatwa by now Wink

and.. yes.. it is true...

Originally posted by xfool:
      maybe I should watch it first , but isn't it inspired by the bible which surely cannot be true right?
    • Originally posted by the Bear:
      well, the bible is true to a lot of people...

i would say that the christians are a tolerant lot..

if you said that about someone who did a movie about the Koran, you'd probably be at the business end of a fatwa by now Wink

and.. yes.. it is true...

wow I didn't know a lot of people would believe the world is made in 7 days and its only a few thousand years old Shocked

• too literal..

what is a day to the Lord?

wow I didn't know a lot of people would believe the world is made in 7 days and its only a few thousand years old Shocked
    37,244 posts since Jul '03
    • hey xfool… u do know that Jesus did exist in history… and that his betrayal is also a fact of history. and i am not a christian.

2,144 posts since Sep '04
    • Originally posted by xfool:

Dear xfool...7 days was not meant to be taken literally...this is from the bible (NIV version)

"And God said, "Let there be Light" and there was light. God saw that the Light was Good..God called the light "Day"

The meaning of a day to us is quite different to what it says it means in the bible.

• Originally posted by [email protected]:
      hey xfool... u do know that Jesus did exist in history... and that his betrayal is also a fact of history. and i am not a christian.

I thought its some kind of legend, I recall he got some kind of magic like creating food and then he came back to life later ,all this seem too far fatch to me to consider it a true story Neutral

• some things, are not to be believed with logic...

that's where FAITH comes in Wink

I thought its some kind of legend, I recall he got some kind of magic like creating food and then he came back to life later ,all this seem too far fatch to me to consider it a true story Neutral
    37,244 posts since Jul '03

well honestly, the whole history about jesus is recorded not just in the bible, but in the koran and torah.

2,716 posts since Oct '04

why not? Very Happy

Please Login or Signup to reply.