18 Dec, 09:14PM in sunny Singapore!

Comfort,SMRT or Smart for Taxi Vocational Licence/Course.

Subscribe to Comfort,SMRT or Smart for Taxi Vocational Licence/Course. 20 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    511 posts since Apr '07
    • Hi all bros here,i thought of signing up Taxi Vocational Licence/Course with the the above Taxi operators with sponsorship scheme for the course fee and other benefits but with term & condition of being a hirer with them for 6 months.I have checked through what they offer and i should said its more or less the same.Any bros have gone through this sponsorship scheme,maybe you can advice me which Taxi operators is better in your view.Thanks in advance!

140 posts since Mar '07
    511 posts since Apr '07
    • Thanks Bros SMRT,hope he will come in soon as i hope to get the TVL asap.Since Liverpool have already made it to the UEFA CL Final in Athens,i think he should be in the mood to answer my question Wink

10,638 posts since Nov '03
    • I would strongly suggest you take Comfort Taxi ones. Coz can take the lesson online too. Very easy to pass.

140 posts since Mar '07
    511 posts since Apr '07
    • Thanks Manager433 & SMRT Smile For passing the test or exam,i think it is no a problem if i am willing to put my effort in it.Moreover,if you join them under sponsorship scheme.They will try their best to help you to pass too as they also want their Taxis to be taken up by hirer rather than leaving them in their depot with no revenue.

140 posts since Mar '07
    • Originally posted by quickpick:
      Thanks Manager433 & SMRT Smile For passing the test or exam,i think it is no a problem if i am willing to put my effort in it.Moreover,if you join them under sponsorship scheme.They will try their best to help you to pass too as they also want their Taxis to be taken up by hirer rather than leaving them in their depot with no revenue.

Don't mind me asking but when you're going to take your taxi licence & anyway hope to see you joining SMRT Taxis soon Wink

511 posts since Apr '07
    • Hi Bros SMRT,i am likely to make my decision on which taxi operators to join by this week.Bros SMRT,are u working in SMRT?I am just curious.

140 posts since Mar '07
      Hi Bros SMRT,i am likely to make my decision on which taxi operators to join by this week.Bros SMRT,are u working in SMRT?I am just curious.

Unfortunately I'm not working in SMRT but that's my dream though...SMRT is my favourite choice of public transport operator Cool

39,696 posts since Oct '03
    • Hi quicky ....

Depends on what u want really ....

Joining Comfort or citycab , good in a sense ... many bookings , many bookings means extra income ..... less vacant on the street .

Diesel wise , ComfortDelgro cheapest in Singapore .

Let's do a calculation for u :

like 300 km travel , comfortdelgro total disel cost is 300 km x 0.825 per litre = $24.75 ....

Esso or Shell = $28.59 for 300 km ....

Difference $3.84 per day ..... per year 365 days = $1401 .60 ....

So Comfortdelgro saves u $1400 extra on diesel .

Joining SMRT .... they have the best benefits , like total $2800 for a year , for 18 months contract . But they difficult to get reliefs , cos reliefs prefer to join comfort and citycab . U have to go solo for 18 months , 365 days solo , no joke . And if you surrender or resign , they will charge u accordingly to the minor dent of ur vehicle .... can mount to $1000 , my colleague kena like that , they in terms of returning them vehicle , they tekan u .

I don't encourage u to take SMRT .

And SilverCab will be another company good for u .

They give good benefits .... got bookings .... their 50% midnight charge starts at 12am , the rest starts at 1am .

SilverCab give almost 36 days free rental ... per day $92 = $4784 extra .

Their diesel same price with comfort , only they have only one pump station , Comfort has got lost 8 stations , convenience around Singapore ?

Many things i can tell u . Sg Forums too tired to type , can PM me , contact me by my handphone , i can tell u more .

• Smart , the Apple green ones ?

They are the worst taxi operator in Sinagpore .

That's all i can say .

• U go and take up a course by Comfort ....

Pass liao ..... find someione to introduce you into comfort .

Go and find a friend who is hirer , driving a comfort or citycab , get them to introduce u , they'll get $500 introduction fee , u join comfort get $300 , but of course , that fella who introduce u cannot take all $500 , must negotiate to give him like $100 kopi money , the rest u take , like $400 + $300 , 6 months contract .

Upon resign ... no hassle . Not much penalty like SMRT .

Thanks Manager433 & SMRT Smile For passing the test or exam,i think it is no a problem if i am willing to put my effort in it.Moreover,if you join them under sponsorship scheme.They will try their best to help you to pass too as they also want their Taxis to be taken up by hirer rather than leaving them in their depot with no revenue.

Don't be tied down by long contract , most of my SMRT counterpart regret .

No happy cannot resign .

resign must pay compensation .

especially u're new .

u don't know how well u can cope into taxi industry .

• How i did it ?

I took a course at Comfort , $240 i think , 3 months ..... not online one , online learn nothing ...

Got instructors from LTA and Comfort to share abd give good driving tips .... and regulations ...

Then i became relief first ...... after i passed ... 2 eyes closed , easy like fark !!

Familairise the road of singapore ..... and to rlearn to read the demands of commuters ... on a daily basis .... can liao ...

and know more about different company and benefits ....can liao

and style of each taxi company .... can liao ...

then i became hirer from relief .

Take a step at a time .... easier life .

If not , one big step into a cabbies' life , without experience , can be a phobia to driving a cab .

• aiya , comfort good bookings , one day 8 bookings , extra $32 liao ....

every 3 months $300 benefit ...

every 4 months , one free rental = $92 ...

cheap diesel ....

customers prefer taxi company ...

i am stil in comfort , cos no other taxi company can match the money .

I had done my calculation , comfort still earns more than any other taxi companies .

Currently ..... Comfort still No 1 ....

In taxi service in Spore

• If u are just taking vocational license , without wanting to drive ..... comfort still give a more comprehensive training , cos they are more experience .

Afterall , Comfort is still the oldest brand in taxi business in Spore .

experience , they have plenty .

One thing money cannot buy , experience .....

• Lastly ..... if u absolutely not familiar about route in Singapore .... Comfort still the best company to join .... cos they're the only company to provide electronic maps in a taxi !!! Mr. Green

• The maps is GPRS one .... with navigation type .... as in satellite will know where's ur exact location .

Not useful for me la anyway ..... Mr. Green

what for ?

cos i familiar liao .... Mr. Green

511 posts since Apr '07
    • I have to thanks Poolman for providing all the useful details from his professional experience as a cabby.Cheers to Poolman and i hope Liverpool will bring the CL Cup back to English soil from Greece for our devoted LFC fans,Mr Poolman.Cheers Very Happy

10,167 posts since Nov '03
    • I recommend better dont join those instant Vocational license ones,I intend to take last time but got to sign bond for at least 6 mth,So cancelled and take my own Taxi VL instead but got no planning to drive taxis now.

Please Login or Signup to reply.