27 Apr, 01:05PM in sunny Singapore!

Taxis & TDs in the news/stomp

Subscribe to Taxis & TDs in the news/stomp 466 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    17,315 posts since Jun '10
    • Eh….wonder what are they smoking at NUS toilets.
      ..one of the most stupid research…even my PRC mechanic also know less yellow cabs on the road, less yellow cab accident, more blue cabs on the road…more blue cab accident.

1,139 posts since Dec '09
    • http://www.stomp.com.sg/singapore-seen/caught-in-the-act/wheres-the-driver-empty-smrt-cab-shf451e-blocks-up-taxi-bay-at

very jiat lat 

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    261,981 posts since Dec '99
    • taxi exploded at Hougang:

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/taxi-and-passenger-flee-smoking-cab-that-bursts-into-flames-at-hougang

• What happen here is past, RIP to the died.

More importantly will be what happen next???

Most properly, taxi driver will be ban from driving, fine and jail a week or so.

Also good, at least can get out of driving for good.

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    261,981 posts since Dec '99
    • What's he doing? Cabby leaves door open as he inches forward in heavy traffic

A driver was travelling along what appears to be Airport Boulevard when he spotted a taxi driver inching through heavy traffic with his door wide open.

In a video posted on the Singapore Taxi Driver Facebook page yesterday night (Apr 16) by Chu Teck Fah, the blue Comfort taxi can be seen driving along the road with the door open throughout the minute-long video. 

Netizens who saw the video were amused, with one giving a very blunt comment: "He farted."

Another gave a possible reason as to why the incident might have happened.

"He is sharing his music with others in the queue.

"By opening the door, the speaker on the door can spread the sound better."

stomp

1,203 posts since Mar '13
    • Originally posted by Taxilim88:

Well, market consolidating.  Becoming monopoly liao.

Transcab will become more and more like grabcar. Surge pricing is fixed pricing, no surcharge nothing.  Exactly like grabcar.

I won't be surprised Transcab will be SOLD to Grab in one or two years time.  Then the 108 heroes must find another Liang Shan.

I said so in Mar mah...108 Liang Shan heroes left how many?  Jasmine need to find new job liao.

Transcab will be sold to Grab faster than SMRT can run lah. SMRT still wan this and that.  Must get approval here and there.

Ah Teo just tell Anthony.  What price? Ok set.

• Originally posted by bowah:

tia kong a few of those 108 already passed away, I personally sent one of them, now I think left with 99 of them.

Grab will never buy any organization, especially so, TC, a chicken farm SME company, always remember that Grab is an apps run by young punks just like facebook, twitter or our shopping and eating apps like honeybee, Ninjavan, Pandafoods, groupon, lazada which all are doing internet consignment business, they own the apps, all others thing that is connected to them, are just partners.

So for grab to take over a taxi companies, I think is it a reverse backward business, which is not and never in their dictionary of innovative disruption thru digital and technology.

So, u still think Grab wont buy smrt, tc or premier?

Edited by Taxilim88 25 Apr `17, 9:03AM
    • Grab will only buy the name and kill off competitor, as they put it, they will not absorb the manpower and staff of SMRT, so today, you hear PRIME Boss of wanting to buy SMRT together with the manpower and staff of SMRT.

But then, SMRT and GRAB do share a common shareholder in it, aka Temasek. So do you think SMRT will sell to Prime, a private entity?

As I said again, grab is a tech company, so they must remain as one, buying over taxi companies is to more or less kill 3,400 competitors at one shot, at the same time, using SMRT brand to lure smrt current driver into apps driver by converting all the smrt taxis into grabtaxi which they will offered it to any rental company who wish to contract it.

1,203 posts since Mar '13
    • Originally posted by bowah:

Grab will only buy the name and kill off competitor, as they put it, they will not absorb the manpower and staff of SMRT, so today, you hear PRIME Boss of wanting to buy SMRT together with the manpower and staff of SMRT.

But then, SMRT and GRAB do share a common shareholder in it, aka Temasek. So do you think SMRT will sell to Prime, a private entity?

As I said again, grab is a tech company, so they must remain as one, buying over taxi companies is to more or less kill 3,400 competitors at one shot, at the same time, using SMRT brand to lure smrt current driver into apps driver by converting all the smrt taxis into grabtaxi which they will offered it to any rental company who wish to contract it.

You said Grab will never buy any organisation.

Please Login or Signup to reply.