11 Dec, 11:21PM in sunny Singapore!

Rental wars started

Subscribe to Rental wars started 213 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    5,258 posts since Jul '10
    • SMRT free 2 weeks rental. $60++ rental for prius for 6 months. Follow by CDG 50/60% for 3/6 month. Transcab still nothing. Even my hirer pok me go take SMRT. Next week I turn pirates icon_frown.gif

1,166 posts since Dec '09
    1,667 posts since Oct '08
    • aiyoyo, taxi company's faeces near the anus tip then find toilet , haha

icon_mrgreen.gif

existing hirers got discount or not har ? icon_biggrin.gif

21 posts since Aug '16
    • I heard the road side news that only around 15000 taxi on the road the rest all taking sun shine in the depot. The situation is serious for the taxi companys.

• Sure bo. Thats serious. 15000 taxi but still so many green. Heng I am out of it. Next week start pirate business liao. 

21 posts since Aug '16
    • becos there are so many ph cars and so many patterns like car pool and hitch etc that draw away taxi pax.

17,392 posts since Jun '10
    • Taxi companies like SMRT and Comfort are not worry about PHV, same boss mah, and most of the profit make in SMRT and comfort are not taxi, so when Boss said, let go, they let go lor.

Business will surely get affected, but from a taxi driver perspectives, you can switch to PHV anytime, PHV got no control over their numbers, and to be frank, one TD going over to PHV, will end up one less taxi joining the Q and competing on the street flag down.

Too many go over or doing PHV, PHV drivers will also face competition among themselves, they also will not want too many going over, that is the glee of it.

And then, be it you are PHV or Taxi, you are always at the expense of the market economy, govt policies and regulations and pax’s pockets.

And many who become taxi and Phv drivers think they are free and in control of their living, but in actually fact, they are heavily exploited by the govt and public, Govt tweak a policies only, all have to adhere and change accordingly.

One of my relative become a PHV driver, a former SMRT taxi driver, he told me, more freedom, more private, you are in control, then I ask him, if pax asked you to turn left, then turn right, are you in control??? when Uber reduce their incentive, are you in control, when govt said next year must take phv licence, are you in control.

Modern Slavery at play

• Taxi academy got teacher meh, those are LTA brainwashed trainer trying to brain wash you further, LTA stated clearly in their website..Bus and Taxi are public transport in Singapore. You ask these trainer, then why taxi go into CBD ERP have to pay ERP, why bus dun need??

These trainers are also taxi drivers, phv drivers, one day teach at taxi academy, one day teach at NTUC PHV institution at Woodleigh Road, one day go LTA to take instruction. My ex chief Pool can be their principal liao

• SBS bus also got pay ERP leh...

The red IU is no need put cash card but credit to SBS. Hearsay they pay subsidise rate around $1.2m. Read from a newspaper article last time.

• Hearsay Trans Renault rental drop to $79. Dunno simi kangtao. Tomolo go see Jasmine jie jie kpo a bit.

• Yes, they paid, but are compensate back, infact even SCDF, police…all paid ERP, all have IU unit for parking, but all are Ah Kong’s Money, indirect, you and my money, our rental Gst, our income tax, our purchases with Gst.

3,156 posts since Oct '02
    • Originally posted by Pandanchen:

looks like taxi business is bad

its really bad, especially after midnight

many night drivers throw key, thus more had to OMO

1,992 posts since Nov '11
    • Wtf!long q @harbour frt,seeing so many phvs dropping paxs!alrdy fed up,rental fr morning(7.15) till now(2pm)just covered.

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    264,613 posts since Dec '99
    1,134 posts since Aug '16
    • I personally always siam flagging down transcab toyota wish becos of its poor condition.

• Not the cab lah, the driver, transcab drivers are like china 108 liang shan heroes, they are mostly outcast by cdg and smrt, then no way to go, go join TC lor.

And TC boss is a ground man, he understand an average layman problem.

• But on the hindsight, what is given, must take some back one, TC had been know for it good incentives and at times cheap rental like Wish that even attracted my ex chief and his gang during their heydays.

With this slash in rental, I heard that they will be no more incentives and free rental days, but still got downtime, and also, the accident excess may increase.

Of course from a business point of view, TC boss and his mistress, Jasmine will not publicly declare that their shop floor is already full of red cabs sun tanning and that their business had taken a hit from competing with U/G.

That will be like surrendering, so to put it more nicely, they said that it is for their drivers, they understand their drivers aspiration and needs, ...blah blah…like this sound more nicely mah, like helping taxi drivers…but in true, still sucking td blood and sweat

Edited by bowah 31 Dec `16, 11:15AM
    • all discount is only for 6 months, then 6 months later, see what are the changes or any business improvement or not, then decide lor, dun worry lah, you got at least 6 taxi companies to go to, each one you drive 6 months at 1/2 rental, can also tarhan 3 years liao.

• To a layman like me, it's like 治标不治本. Also Bo lui to put so much deposits with all the companies.

• Deposit can take back one mah, anyway, TC now full of people, tia kong their Wish is the best rental price now, “What a Wish come true”

One of the failed thing that CDG did was Releasing Jasmine to Trancabs

Please Login or Signup to reply.