28 Feb, 01:29PM in sunny Singapore!

Throw remote already. Change to grabcar.

Subscribe to Throw remote already. Change to grabcar. 46 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    5,254 posts since Jul '10
    790 posts since Aug '16
    • Yes need to cover both peak as in grabcar peak not taxi peak. Around same hour as taxi but earn more due to incentives. Bo incentives buay sai eh. LJ fare see liao want to vomit. tongue.png

1,992 posts since Nov '11
    • Originally posted by hammerhammer8888:

Yes need to cover both peak as in grabcar peak not taxi peak. Around same hour as taxi but earn more due to incentives. Bo incentives buay sai eh. LJ fare see liao want to vomit. tongue.png

Bro,can do both Grab n Uber?is the income better than taxi?thinking of switching!incentives easy to reach?

16,959 posts since Jun '10
    • Once taxi is overthrown, Uber and Grab fare will increase, incentive reduced or no more, Grab will be public listed, that time, only one player suffer, that is Pax

• Originally posted by foolsh_2000:

Bro,can do both Grab n Uber?is the income better than taxi?thinking of switching!incentives easy to reach?

Incentive is the carrot, cheap booking is the stick to beat you to move so as to hit the incentive. So, the manipulating part is the incentives, it can make you drive like a cow. From my underground news, today, taxi driving earning can still be better than PHV, although PHV earning is getting closer to taxi driving, it needs to drive long hours

• Phv cheap in rental, high on petrol
      Taxi high in rental, cheap in fuel

Phv wait for booking with lots of promotion and incentives, which is getting lower.
      Taxi booking getting lesser but can Q and street pick, incentives remain status quo

However, as PHV continue it aggression in promotion to attract paxs
      Some taxi companies have reduce rental to match PHV rental price.

Given if a taxi is having a same rental price as PHV, yet can Q, take calls, street pick and cheap fuel (chao diesel), it will post a challenge to PHV.

Any competitions between organization will certainly help the customers, and we, as renters aka customers of all these companies, be it taxi or phv organization ,will stand to gain, and as life is a choice, the choice is yours.

PM u

Edited by hammerhammer8888 31 Dec `16, 12:08AM
    • No lah. PHV not drive like cow. Need to drive smart. If bky chief will not ditch taxi lah. He lao gui also switch. You all think taxi still can survive?

1,656 posts since Oct '08

Yes need to cover both peak as in grabcar peak not taxi peak. Around same hour as taxi but earn more due to incentives. Bo incentives buay sai eh. LJ fare see liao want to vomit. tongue.png

Uber fares in Singapore have the potential to go lower ...

Look at thailand fares 

1,656 posts since Oct '08
    • For the IT apps company, its all a sum game

Mathematics expert inside

Example uber existing fare can garner 1,000,000 riders daily , average trip S$8 , in commission uber can earn S$160,000 daily (20% of S$800,000 in fares)

For this IT company  to earn more they just need to tweek the fare lower, when fares are lower by 20 % , their ridership increase to 2,000,000 , average trip becomes S$6.40 ,  in commission uber can earn S$256,000 daily (20% of S$1,280,000 in fares)

Pax happy

Above is just an example 

For taxi company its directly opposite, to increase revenue, they need to up the rental, when rental up, fares need to increase so to retain drivers

in this way , Pax unhappy ,

so if got choice pax will choose cheaper fares, both transportation is from point A to point B , why must they pay more ?

• I failed in Math, so no good in it.

I only know how to change money. Give me $20, keep the change is the best, give me $50, I ask if got smaller notes, give me $100, I fark the pax.

Now, we lau gui are just waiting for more taxi drivers to throw key and switch over to PHV, then dun come disturb on Q and AP can already, as PHV increases, they are actually competing among themselves, taxi will eventually for lau gui like me, $30 net, siew chia liao.

Edited by bowah 31 Dec `16, 11:06AM
    1,815 posts since Jul '11
    • Cheaper fare = more ride?

Got driver bo?

This game is not that simple as you think.

Hope to see uber lower the rate..... and grab further lower again...... hahaha

Like that, all die together...... in cantonese is.... ham kar chang

Huh? Going for their incentive?

Your sifu teach one huh?

• Originally posted by OptimalTrans:

Cheaper fare = more ride?

Got driver bo?

This game is not that simple as you think.

Hope to see uber lower the rate..... and grab further lower again...... hahaha

Like that, all die together...... in cantonese is.... ham kar chang

I thot Cantonese is Tew Na Seng. If taxi died, just imagine how much UG is going to charge pax. That time, paxs will be missing taxi.

• Originally posted by OptimalTrans:

Huh? Going for their incentive?

Your sifu teach one huh?

Which sifu? Taxi sifu or Grabcar sifu? Tia gong my new sifu pia grabcar 2 months plus chut own car.shade.png

790 posts since Aug '16
    790 posts since Aug '16
    • Wait lah, another 3 years, may see many PHV on the road side with open mouth, that is why I said, doing tow truck job can be good in the coming years

Which sifu? Taxi sifu or Grabcar sifu? Tia gong my new sifu pia grabcar 2 months plus chut own car.shade.png

you everywhere got sifu one huh?

own car is no big deal lar, only a few hundred dollars richer every month...... again this few hundred can do many things shiok shiok

• Yes, as long as you own a car or rent a car, you become a slave of it. Rich or poor aside, car is never an asset, it is a liability, either taxi or phv rental car or own car, if you one day no drive, the cost will hit you. Even car no move, you are also paying.

But then, like many said, in Singapore, even you sleep, you also paying

When you are recommended, must share recommendation incentives hor, dun get short changed

790 posts since Aug '16
    • Recently attended a wedding. A group of youngsters were sharing their experiences abt their uber rides. Looks like PHV is very popular among the younger generation.

Please Login or Signup to reply.