22 Sep, 07:40PM in sunny Singapore!

First day taxi driving experience

Subscribe to First day taxi driving experience 196 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • Jasonlkl's Avatar
    1,128 posts since Aug '16
    • Anyone to share their first day or week taxi driving experience?

      How do you feel after collecting your vehicle?

      Do you feel lost and hopeless?

      Are you worried abt picking up pax?

      How to overcome fear?

  • Pandanchen's Avatar
    1,166 posts since Dec '09
  • Taxilim88's Avatar
    1,207 posts since Mar '13
    • My first day. Drive out carpark only got first pax flag liao.  Weekday morning.  Shiok lah.

  • Jasonlkl's Avatar
    1,128 posts since Aug '16
  • hammerhammer8888's Avatar
    5,256 posts since Jul '10
    • First trip is from MBS to Ghim Moh and collect $3 casino surcharge from pax which I thought applies to all casino. Lol

  • Jasonlkl's Avatar
    1,128 posts since Aug '16
    • I always find it interesting to hear taxi first pax experience.

    • Originally posted by hammerhammer8888:

      First trip is from MBS to Ghim Moh and collect $3 casino surcharge from pax which I thought applies to all casino. Lol

      i have no idea abt casino surcharges. 

    • Originally posted by Pandanchen:

      my first day experience:

       

      drive to mrt station and Q

      don't dare to drive to airport 

      Mrt station area at least not too challenging for newbies. 

  • bowah's Avatar
    17,392 posts since Jun '10
    • I remember my first day was to collect a corona taxis (powerful) at taman jurong radio taxis station, but end up gambling…after wining, go take radio call at Jurong industrial area, many calls.

  • Jasonlkl's Avatar
    1,128 posts since Aug '16
    • Originally posted by bowah:

      I remember my first day was to collect a corona taxis (powerful) at taman jurong radio taxis station, but end up gambling…after wining, go take radio call at Jurong industrial area, many calls.

      If i were u, after winning i close shop.

  • Pandanchen's Avatar
    1,166 posts since Dec '09
  • Jasonlkl's Avatar
    1,128 posts since Aug '16
    • Originally posted by Pandanchen:

      go and drive for one day and try out lor 

      Once i sign up for relief or super relief, i will not be eligible for new tdvl promo. Hearsay new tdvl promo may end anytime.

  • Pandanchen's Avatar
    1,166 posts since Dec '09
    • Originally posted by Jasonlkl:

      Once i sign up for relief or super relief, i will not be eligible for new tdvl promo. Hearsay new tdvl promo may end anytime.

      what promo?

  • Jasonlkl's Avatar
    1,128 posts since Aug '16
    • Originally posted by Pandanchen:

      what promo?

      For new tdvl who has never drive taxi b4. I40 First 3mths 50% and next 3mths 40% discount on rental. No downtime and incentive. Cannot have relief. No need to complete 25 CJ. Deposit $488. One week notice if want to return car. Heard that this promo ending soon.

  • bowah's Avatar
    17,392 posts since Jun '10
    • Originally posted by Jasonlkl:

      If i were u, after winning i close shop.


      Ah di, let me teach you the method of earning and saving money, many taxi lau or even Phv drivers, they today earn, tomorrow spent, today huat, go back early, this week huat, they chiong, then next week OBK all go and spent.

    • Money is like liquid, it is fluid and can be filled up once lost, either by hook or by crook.

      However, life is only once. When you gain or win something, learn to continue to earn your basic income, remain steady and easy like normal, then you can save, but sad to say,

      many taxi lau and even young Phv driver, win something only, get slacked in driving, spent lavishly, end up worst, and after a while of relaxation and enjoyment, all become lazy to drive, no mood, keep thinking of wining again, keep thinking of young sweet massage ladies, ....

      aiyo, like this, give you 100k, also finish. There are times when one is fated to just drive taxis or Phv, given them more money can bury them instead of helping them.

  • Jasonlkl's Avatar
    1,128 posts since Aug '16
    • Originally posted by bowah:

      Money is like liquid, it is fluid and can be filled up once lost, either by hook or by crook.

      However, life is only once. When you gain or win something, learn to continue to earn your basic income, remain steady and easy like normal, then you can save, but sad to say,

      many taxi lau and even young Phv driver, win something only, get slacked in driving, spent lavishly, end up worst, and after a while of relaxation and enjoyment, all become lazy to drive, no mood, keep thinking of wining again, keep thinking of young sweet massage ladies, ....

      aiyo, like this, give you 100k, also finish. There are times when one is fated to just drive taxis or Phv, given them more money can bury them instead of helping them.

      Yes. Windfall sometimes causes harm to a person. Will definitely make a person less motivated to work.

       

       

  • j007's Avatar
    3,148 posts since Oct '02
    • Originally posted by Jasonlkl:

      Anyone to share their first day or week taxi driving experience?

      How do you feel after collecting your vehicle?

      Do you feel lost and hopeless?

      Are you worried abt picking up pax?

      How to overcome fear?

      i put change shift of a location i'm familiar with.. interview pax, not sure, can show the way, don't take

    • Originally posted by Jasonlkl:

      I always find it interesting to hear taxi first pax experience.

      my virgin was a lady pax, its like for the first time in my life, i'm 'sleeping' with someone else for a brief moment

    • Originally posted by Jasonlkl:

      For new tdvl who has never drive taxi b4. I40 First 3mths 50% and next 3mths 40% discount on rental. No downtime and incentive. Cannot have relief. No need to complete 25 CJ. Deposit $488. One week notice if want to return car. Heard that this promo ending soon.

      its for those first time kenna poke by cdg

  • Jasonlkl's Avatar
    1,128 posts since Aug '16
    • Originally posted by j007:

      its for those first time kenna poke by cdg

      Haha. Virgin is always preferred when it comes to poking.

    • Originally posted by j007:

      i put change shift of a location i'm familiar with.. interview pax, not sure, can show the way, don't take

      Thanks for this great idea! Stress reduced.

  • Taxilim88's Avatar
    1,207 posts since Mar '13
    • I heard of one guy.  Only familiar with his housing estate.  Everytime fetch pax to somewhere else, will always go back empty to his housing estate and reset. lol

  • Jasonlkl's Avatar
    1,128 posts since Aug '16
    • Originally posted by Taxilim88:

      I heard of one guy.  Only familiar with his housing estate.  Everytime fetch pax to somewhere else, will always go back empty to his housing estate and reset. lol

      For me, my worries are east , west and CBD areas.

  • Artillery Cannon's Avatar
    158 posts since Sep '16
    • If pax asked I always tell them I newbie. 

      1st week driving. So if I daydream and forget to turn they will remind me. Also chances of 'keep the change' is almost 100%.

Please Login or Signup to reply.