22 Sep, 07:40PM in sunny Singapore!

Comfortdelgro to simplify fares.

Subscribe to Comfortdelgro to simplify fares. 138 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    438 posts since Dec '13
    • http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport…

Die liao. Cut fares no cut rental. Why change the flag down fares? You face no competition. The competition is on booking. Implement a private booking.

Mr Yang said ComfortDelGro would want to implement "surge pricing" - a term ride-hailing operator Uber uses to describe fares which rise according to real-time demand, and which could exceed $140 at crunch times such as rail breakdowns.

"We would love to do surge pricing, but I don't think we're allowed to," Mr Yang said.

Is he dealth head ? Just implement surge pricing as private booking on the booking apps.

So driver has a choice to get higher fares when high demand via private booking.
                              Also offer discount when no demand.

The standard taxi fares will be still there for taxi dont want to earn extra. Just like ion orchard. No cdb, wait long long when there is demand.

Edited by peterpan212 10 Feb `17, 9:04PM
    8 posts since Feb '17
    • ASC offers a better solution than the government - a free app with no charges that allow Taxi drivers and customers to know where each other are.

Save on petrol, save on booking.

Just need the users to use it.

I can help you, but only if you want help.

5,256 posts since Jul '10
    • With meter how to surge? Meter jump like jackpot machine ah? Like a bit kelong lehteeth.png

• Originally posted by ASCAdmin:

ASC offers a better solution than the government - a free app with no charges that allow Taxi drivers and customers to know where each other are.

Save on petrol, save on booking.

Just need the users to use it.

I can help you, but only if you want help.

Link please

438 posts since Dec '13
    • Originally posted by hammerhammer8888:

With meter how to surge? Meter jump like jackpot machine ah? Like a bit kelong lehteeth.png

Can taxi take private booking? Private booking transact on an agreed amount why still need meter? Private job can also offer discount when the demand is low like midnight.

Edited by peterpan212 11 Feb `17, 12:43AM
    8 posts since Feb '17

Link please

Check your Private Message inbox. I have chosen to do it this way because I do not want the post to be moderated unnecessarily again.

For all others, it's a Google Play link, but I will err on the side of caution since I have been censored multiple times already.

Edited by ASCAdmin 11 Feb `17, 12:45AM
    438 posts since Dec '13
    • Originally posted by ASCAdmin:

Check your Private Message inbox. I have chosen to do it this way because I do not want the post to be moderated unnecessarily again.

For all others, it's a Google Play link, but I will err on the side of caution since I have been censored multiple times already.

鬼鬼岁岁见不得光。

2,180 posts since Mar '16
    • Actually, no one cares about the surcharge and flag down rates. We just take whichever mode of transport that is convenient. So, I don't think simplifying taxi fares would scare away the customers. No one cares anyway, as long as the price is reasonable, because nowadays, we only look at which taxi option is cheapest, on the Grab or Uber app. Otherwise, we just take whichever taxi that comes, as long as it's not the white colour Mercedes.

Edited by gekpohboy 11 Feb `17, 1:46AM
    1 post since Feb '17
    • Originally posted by peterpan212:

鬼鬼岁岁见不得光。

Rubbish! That is not true. The fact of the matter is, I have been repeatedly censored and now the account has been permanently banned for simply telling people that I can help them.

I do not expect this account to survive, either.

I have contacted SGForums regarding this, but do not expect them to rule in favour of me.

158 posts since Sep '16
    • Originally posted by gekpohboy:

Actually, no one cares about the surcharge and flag down rates. We just take whichever mode of transport that is convenient. So, I don't think simplifying taxi fares would scare away the customers. No one cares anyway, as long as the price is reasonable, because nowadays, we only look at which taxi option is cheapest, on the Grab or Uber app. Otherwise, we just take whichever taxi that comes, as long as it's not the white colour Mercedes.

You sure no one cares about the fare? Then how come taxi queueing at taxi stand PHV png? Think Grabcar $5 go nearby peak hour. Taxi start meter how much? $3.90+$1 haven't jump.

1,597 posts since Aug '07
    • simple means no surcharges all the time ??? and maybe fare increase a bit like from 22cents to 30cents?

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport…

Die liao. Cut fares no cut rental. Why change the flag down fares? You face no competition. The competition is on booking. Implement a private booking.

Mr Yang said ComfortDelGro would want to implement "surge pricing" - a term ride-hailing operator Uber uses to describe fares which rise according to real-time demand, and which could exceed $140 at crunch times such as rail breakdowns.

"We would love to do surge pricing, but I don't think we're allowed to," Mr Yang said.

Is he dealth head ? Just implement surge pricing as private booking on the booking apps.

So driver has a choice to get higher fares when high demand via private booking.
                              Also offer discount when no demand.

The standard taxi fares will be still there for taxi dont want to earn extra. Just like ion orchard. No cdb, wait long long when there is demand.

Mr yang should himself test drive the "simplify fares" taxi first for six month than talk to the public before start the program. i belive more people will throw keys and join other taxi company because people skip using the comf..k apps as too expensive to use

17,392 posts since Jun '10
    • People will still take taxis, Phv had in a way, help taxi rental get lowered, it also help to filter cheapo paxs like ABNN, the competition from UG is typically, the booking only, street hailing and Q at taxi stand, there is still a viable business, beside with 1,7000 former taxi like my ex chief, hammer, ct…etc etc all moving into UG, taxis population get smaller.

And when UG surge…we chai buay hu…hope that more TD move over to UG, then my Q get shorter…..now a day, the recent pax complaining coming back to me again…Uncle, wha lau, I wait 1/2 hr for a taxi,...bo taxi..why ar????

1,128 posts since Aug '16
    • Originally posted by Jasonlkl:

Hopefully don't remove surcharge 

Dun remove how to fight pirate faresshade.png

1,128 posts since Aug '16

Cos I personally feel that morning and evening peak still have demand for taxis. 

Actually It's good to simplify fares to avoid unnecessary disputes with pax provided not affecting td overall income. 

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    263,998 posts since Dec '99
    • ComfortDelGro looking to simplify fares

ComfortDelGro, Singapore's largest taxi operator, is looking to revamp its cab fares to make them simpler and flatter to win back customers lost to the fast-growing private-hire fleets.

The company - which controls 16,821 taxis or 61 per cent of the market here - said it will be taking up its proposal to the regulator.

Although taxi fares have been deregulated since 1998, operators are not completely free to formulate fares.

ComfortDelGro's chief executive of taxi business, Mr Yang Ban Seng, said: "We are looking at how to simplify the fare structure to have a flatter fare."

There are close to 10 different flag-down rates, three different metered-fare structures, more than 10 kinds of surcharges as well as eight types of phone-booking charges in Singapore.

Senior Minister of State Josephine Teo said in 2013 the Government would look into simplifying the taxi fare structure.

But in 2015, she said the Land Transport Authority found that while commuters complained about the fare structure, they did not want fares to be levelled up if they were harmonised.

She said the Government would leave it to operators to standardise fares.

Mr Yang said ComfortDelGro would want to implement "surge pricing" - a term ride-hailing operator Uber uses to describe fares that rise according to real-time demand and which could exceed $140 at crunch times.

"We would love to do surge pricing, but I don't think we are allowed to," Mr Yang said.

"At the end of the day, whatever structure we adopt, we must take care of the earnings of the taxi drivers."

He said the number of taxi trips have come down, not only because of competition from private-hire companies but also due to Singapore's expanding rail network and the economic slowdown.

COMFORTDELGRO CEO TO STEP DOWN

TNP

1,207 posts since Mar '13

With meter how to surge? Meter jump like jackpot machine ah? Like a bit kelong lehteeth.png

Probably fixed surge pricing bah.  Like besides $2.30 or $3.30 booking fee, there is additional charge of say another $3 during surge. For booking only and not street pick so as to be same same as phv. 

But this country whenever implement some goodies, must surely take back something one.  So likely location, CBD or peak surcharges may be removed/reduced lor if surge pricing is approved.

438 posts since Dec '13

Competition is on booking. Why teng kor on flag down rates.

Edited by peterpan212 13 Feb `17, 8:37PM

Competition is on booking. Why teng kor on flag down rates.

Not only competition on booking lah. Asia Sq to Nassim Hill grabcar $11 normal fare without surge normal taxi dun say booking. Peak hour $3.90+$1+$3=$7 meter jump $4 include 25% can reach? Haven't reach OG already more then $11 already. So no reduce CBD and Peak surcharge how to fight?

• Even surge 1.5X also $16 almost on par with taxi flag down without booking provided Upper Cross mai jam lah. Possible during evening peak?

438 posts since Dec '13
    • All uber n grab trips are done via apps. I.e booking. There are still ppl relies on flag down taxi. Eg. Tourist, ppl dont trust phv and dont want to wait. There is no good reason to reduce the flagged down fares. The competition is all about booking apps and price. Cdg needs to invest on apps, even if they dont know what to do, by now should already know what others are offering. Next is the cost of rental. They need to bite the bullet and directly reduce the rental not do lppl scheme like 25cj, ask sonata hirer change used i40. Telling hirer give them $10 discount each day then increase the rental 20%. Obviously, taxi campany still living in the old days mindset on the rental charge. Look at smrt taxi share scheme. They offer good rates at off peak hours so many takers but for peak and midnight rates just dont make sense and few taker. Something is seriously wrong, when there is riders demand for taxi, taxi still idle in car park not rented out. I’m sure they would soon realise the situation and revised the rates for peak hours and midnight rates. It is time to face the real world and take serious action to address them. Not make decision based on imagination.

Edited by peterpan212 14 Feb `17, 6:22AM
    17,392 posts since Jun '10

CT cdg lah. Not PHV

Lau eh go back drive Cdg??? no give my ex chief face ar..aiyo, ask him to take care, so many bypass...haiz..

Please Login or Signup to reply.