24 May, 06:23AM in sunny Singapore!

check for things left behind

Subscribe to check for things left behind 23 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    1,159 posts since Dec '09
    • after each tour of duty please check carefully inside your taxi if any thing is left behind by pax

a comfort TD is investigated by Police after he returned a bag belonged to foreign tourist AFTER 3 months.

police asked him if he reported the matter to comfort 3 months ago, he said No

police checked with Comfort and manged to trace the record that he reported nothing was found inside his maxi cab 3 months ago.

police is considering to charge this TD in court for dishonestly misappropriation of property

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    262,357 posts since Dec '99
    EMERGENCY AMBULANCE
    80,212 posts since Feb '08
    • it's also the pax onus to check if they have left/dropped anything before alighting from the vehicle

• Originally posted by FireIce:

source?

my nephew (drivng for Prime) refers this matter to me for legal advice 

• according to the Penal code, chapter 224.

Dishonest misappropriation of property
      403.  Whoever dishonestly misappropriates or converts to his own use movable property, shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to 2 years, or with fine, or with both.
      Illustrations
      (a)
      A takes property belonging to Z out of Z’s possession in good faith believing, at the time when he takes it, that the property belongs to himself. A is not guilty of theft; but if A, after discovering his mistake, dishonestly appropriates the property to his own use, he is guilty of an offence under this section.
      (b)
      A, being on friendly terms with Z, goes into Z’s house in Z’s absence and takes away a book without Z’s express consent. Here, if A was under the impression that he had Z’s implied consent to take the book for the purpose of reading it, Ahas not committed theft. But if A afterwards sells the book for his own benefit, he is guilty of an offence under this section.
      (c)
      A and B being joint owners of a horse, A takes the horse out of B’s possession, intending to use it. Here, as A has a right to use the horse, he does not dishonestly misappropriate it. But if A sells the horse and appropriates the whole proceeds to his own use, he is guilty of an offence under this section.
      Explanation 1.—A dishonest misappropriation for a time only is a misappropriation within the meaning of this section.
      Illustration
      A finds a Government promissory note belonging to Z, bearing a blank endorsement. A, knowing that the note belongs to Z, pledges it with a banker as a security for a loan, intending at a future time to restore it to ZA has committed an offence under this section.
      Explanation 2.—A person who finds property not in the possession of any other person, and takes such property for the purpose of protecting it for, or of restoring it to the owner, does not take or misappropriate it dishonestly, and is not guilty of an offence; but he is guilty of the offence above defined, if he appropriates it to his own use, when he knows or has the means of discovering the owner, or before he has used reasonable means to discover and give notice to the owner, and has kept the property a reasonable time to enable the owner to claim it.
      What are reasonable means, or what is a reasonable time in such a case, is a question of fact.
      It is not necessary that the finder should know who is the owner of the property, or that any particular person is the owner of it; it is sufficient if, at the time of appropriating it, he does not believe it to be his own property, or in good faith believe that the real owner cannot be found.
      Illustrations
      (a)
      A finds a dollar on the high road, not knowing to whom the dollar belongs. A picks up the dollar. Here A has not committed the offence defined in this section.
      (b)
      A finds a letter on the high road, containing a bank note. From the direction and contents of the letter he learns to whom the note belongs. He appropriates the note. He is guilty of an offence under this section.
      (c)
      A finds a cheque payable to bearer. He can form no conjecture as to the person who has lost the cheque. But the name of the person who has drawn the cheque appears. A knows that this person can direct him to the person in whose favour the cheque was drawn. A appropriates the cheque without attempting to discover the owner. He is guilty of an offence under this section.
      (d)
      A sees Z drop his purse with money in it. A picks up the purse with the intention of restoring it to Z, but afterwards appropriates it to his own use. A has committed an offence under this section.
      (e)
      A finds a purse with money, not knowing to whom it belongs; he afterwards discovers that it belongs to Z, and appropriates it to his own use. A is guilty of an offence under this section.
      (f)
      A finds a valuable ring, not knowing to whom it belongs. A sells it immediately without attempting to discover the owner. A is guilty of an offence under this section.
      [Indian PC 1860, s. 403]
    • when i was driving for premier, i have a few encounters.

1. pax leave behind handphone, very common

2. pax leave behind laptop

3. pax leave behind umbrella

4. pax leave behind money

all items quickly return to taxi company, police or to the owners

accodring to LTA rules, all found items must be returned within 24 hours, very stressful for TD

Edited by Pandanchen 17 May `17, 10:07PM
    • Originally posted by QX179R:

it's also the pax onus to check if they have left/dropped anything before alighting from the vehicle

if real life LTA put the burden on TD to return found items

EMERGENCY AMBULANCE
    80,212 posts since Feb '08
    • just wondering if there's ever cases whereby pax forgot to take their stuff which was stored at the boot icon_rolleyes.gif

• Originally posted by QX179R:

just wondering if there's ever cases whereby pax forgot to take their stuff which was stored at the boot icon_rolleyes.gif

why not?

i almost drove away my pax luggage (from airport) 

the lady alighted at a hospital at tanglin. 

i guess you are a former police officer (QX is a police car plate)

Edited by Pandanchen 17 May `17, 11:00PM
    10 posts since May '17
    • Originally posted by mkjr_:

Do passengers take the lost items from the last passengers?

i am sure it has happened before. 

but for my experience, i have pax who handed over found mobile phones to me which belonged to another pax. 

happened at least twice during my driving for premier

17,356 posts since Jun '10
    • I got once, pax left his bird behind…nabey

Hate it when pax forget to take something, then got once, at midnight, a lady call and say her baby cannot sleep without her favorite pillow, they left the pillow on my taxi back seat pocket…nabey, I am off duty with my bak bak..how to …&^%##@#$

158 posts since Sep '16
    • I also kena before.

Pax left girlfriend behind. I sent them to savannah condo. Both drunk and condo dark dark boyfriend alight but gf still sleeping. 

Knn after that I chong back to CQ next pax want to board asked me how come got gal behind.

411 posts since Feb '07
    • sometimes ungrateful pax played u out.
      Left behind in the boot some cooked food in a big container.
      He insisted to hv the food back,so deposit at cdg office.
      Few days later learnt fr cdg he did not claim the food.

of course he would not want to claim spolit n rotten cooked food after a few dys, he just want to trouble td uncle ,thats all.

so it never pays to be kind to unforgetful pax.

• the lesson for us is this, if the police charge TD in court for being dishonest

1. waste time in court

2. waste money on lawyer

3. need to prove your innocence. 

• sometimes female pax sit infront i worry they accused me of touching them, 

if that happened, you jump into singapore river also can wash clean 

• Originally posted by Artillery Cannon:

I also kena before.

Pax left girlfriend behind. I sent them to savannah condo. Both drunk and condo dark dark boyfriend alight but gf still sleeping. 

Knn after that I chong back to CQ next pax want to board asked me how come got gal behind.

Tell them, welcome to the new Grabtaxi share

• I ever saw one driver at company’s lost and found dept returning a cotton bag, so I asked him, what is it inside, he said “a snake” pax left behind on his booth…OMG! the dept pui pui gal jumped out of her seat.

• One condom only lah, the other is a packet, this one not in use, open and throw already, must be hotel 81 supplied, 1 for $5, but make in china.

Balestier hotel also use the same, china condom, apple brand, cheaper, only $2.

Condom is one of your best friend, it protect you when you are needed.

Please Login or Signup to reply.