20 Oct, 12:11PM in sunny Singapore!
Home Cars

Toyota Vios

Subscribe to Toyota Vios 27 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • win_ong81's Avatar
    31 posts since Dec '04
    • My mum's 1995 Nissan March will be 'DEAD' by 15th June 2005, my question is, can my mum use the Nissan March PARF of 10k to pay for the deposit of a new Vios?

      We just came back from Borneo Motors and the family is kinda decided on the car, most likely we would take silver. Are there any VIOS owners here who can advise us on the procedures of booking a new car with BM.

      Back in 1995 when my mum first bought the MARCH, the practice was to pay a deposit of 30% upon confirmation of an order, the remaining 70% would either be paid for in cash or through a bank loan. 10 years is a long time, I wonder if that still aplies today?

  • owak's Avatar
    18 posts since Nov '04
    • I will be collecting my new vios next week.
      So I can tell you from my experience...

      First, most importantly, MUST get a good, recommended Sales Engineer.
      I have seen a number of those arrogrant, senior SE from Ubi Showroom.
      I got my SE recommended from someone, and luckily I am recommended one good SE from Leng Kee..

      You cannot use the PARF of 10K as downpayment, since in this case it's car scrap due for 10 years. But you can use it to offset part of ur new car price.
      Downpayment for vios is $6300

      Depending on ur intended loan amount & loan period from HSBC, your SE normally provides you some cash rebate, in range of $300 to $400.
      Dont book if ur SE claims there is no such thing as cash rebate, and claims that their commission is low..
      SE earns commission too from HSBC car loan and AIG insurance.

      To be entitled to HSBC rebates of $1500 from car price, need to loan minimum 20K with loan period 1 year. But if you go for minimum loan amt and loan period, then likely wont get much for the cash rebate.

      Currently HSBC has the 12mth interest rate rebate loan package until 31 jan,
      Where it's minimum 7 years loan, with minimum 70% loan of car price.
      Then only pay for total 6 years amount of interest over 7 year period.
      Effectively it's 1.89% rate over 7 years. But this requires loan lock-in period of 2 years. If break the loan agreement within 2 years, not only there is the standard rule of 78 penalty, also additional interest penalty.
      So it's better off to take normal loan at 2.2 %, with lock-in period 1 year.

      Talk to your friend who bought Toyota, very important to get a good Sales Engineer first.

    • No need to waste additional 1K for the Gold package(guarantee COE).
      So far I have not heard of anyone who dont get their COE with classic package.
      Normally will get ur COE bid successful by 2nd or 3rd bids.

      But there is one common issue with Vios, which many people feel quite "sian"...
      Waiting time for car delivery is long...
      Standard 2 mths waiting time from booking date... If you book those popular colour like blue, champaign metallic, then even longer waiting time..
      Unless you book altis, then it's much faster..

  • LCL's Avatar
    367 posts since May '04
    • Your mum will miss her March Laughing
      Why didnt u negotiate with the SE?

      Originally posted by win_ong81:
      My mum's 1995 Nissan March will be 'DEAD' by 15th June 2005, my question is, can my mum use the Nissan March PARF of 10k to pay for the deposit of a new Vios?

      We just came back from Borneo Motors and the family is kinda decided on the car, most likely we would take silver. Are there any VIOS owners here who can advise us on the procedures of booking a new car with BM.

      Back in 1995 when my mum first bought the MARCH, the practice was to pay a deposit of 30% upon confirmation of an order, the remaining 70% would either be paid for in cash or through a bank loan. 10 years is a long time, I wonder if that still aplies today?
  • the Bear's Avatar
    149,791 posts since Feb '01
    • may need a car soon... was looking at this...

      so, how much is the monthly necessary for this car and all that? gotta start to budget...

      thanks a lot! Very Happy

  • owak's Avatar
    18 posts since Nov '04
    • You can get lots of information from the Singapore vios forum, at :

      http://forum.vogs.net/

      Register yourself as member, it's free.
      Access to all information for Vios from the various vios users.

  • win_ong81's Avatar
    31 posts since Dec '04
    • I didn't know must get a good sales engineer, I though all of them are similar. I mean this is a free society, if you think that the service provided by the sales engineer is terrible, we can always lorged a complaint to BM right?

      Since this matter is brought, any good SE to recommend, I mean name and showroom address.

      My mum will definitely miss it, i mean it's been with her for almost 10 years since she started teaching in a neighbourhood school near our place. But I think the car condition is quite terrible, the NCVT auto gearbox sometimes will get confused and refuse to go to overdrive and the engine is getting very noisy since last year, so I guess it's trying to tell us to put it to sleep.

  • wbucket's Avatar
    1,194 posts since Nov '04
    • Originally posted by win_ong81:
      My mum's 1995 Nissan March will be 'DEAD' by 15th June 2005, my question is, can my mum use the Nissan March PARF of 10k to pay for the deposit of a new Vios?......

      What I heard is getting them to scrap the car for you or trading-in. You have to ask BM's SE for the advise and how much. The good thing is, on that day of car collection, just drive there and change car. Got a friend who did that, but his car less than 10 year old, so you need to check with BM.

  • win_ong81's Avatar
    31 posts since Dec '04
    • Actually to be honest, had a family discussion regarding this. My dad heard from his ex classmates that the government will be discussing and maybe announcing additional tax cuts for new cars after Chinese New Year, so I guess we might adopt a wait and see attitude becos the new car will be meant as our family's second car.

      Since the COE for our march expires in June 2005, so might wait till after the Lunar New Year before we decide to 'give it' to BM.

      ANy comments on this?

  • owak's Avatar
    18 posts since Nov '04
    • One-to-one car exchange is only true on the day of delivery, if the car is scraped through 3rd party dealer, with the dealer also settle the outstanding loan amt of the old car, and redeem the logcard... But will suffer 2% PARF as commision to the 3rd party dealer.

      If already loan settled by the owner himself, then it's 7 days required to hand over the old car for scrap , and use the PARF rebate to offset part of new car price during registration, to new car collection.
      Here you pay no commission for the whole process, just 7 days waiting time...

      During this weekend, understanding from the car dealer showrooms that more people book CATB car
      Likely for next bid, CATA COE will continue to drop, while CATB rises, cos more people book big car due to 14K CATB coe.

      Few mths back, the relevant minister said it's govt direction to continue lower car ownership cost gradually.
      During Govt finance budget which will take place in Feb at Parliment, possible ARF will further be cut, to reduce car cost.
      Can happen with election coming this year.

      So...good time to book vios is end Feb / early March...

      Current average CATA 2500plus COE for each bid round lasts from Oct 2004 to Mar 2005.
      If look at LTA statistic, year 2004 shows record number of car scrap when compared to previous years. So...possible that LTA may release even more COE for next calander period from Apr to Sep 2005.

      So..best book in May 2005.

  • free4ever's Avatar
    571 posts since May '04
    • Originally posted by owak:
      I will be collecting my new vios next week.
      So I can tell you from my experience...

      First, most importantly, MUST get a good, recommended Sales Engineer.
      I have seen a number of those arrogrant, senior SE from Ubi Showroom.
      I got my SE recommended from someone, and luckily I am recommended one good SE from Leng Kee..

      You cannot use the PARF of 10K as downpayment, since in this case it's car scrap due for 10 years. But you can use it to offset part of ur new car price.
      Downpayment for vios is $6300

      Depending on ur intended loan amount & loan period from HSBC, your SE normally provides you some cash rebate, in range of $300 to $400.
      Dont book if ur SE claims there is no such thing as cash rebate, and claims that their commission is low..
      SE earns commission too from HSBC car loan and AIG insurance.

      To be entitled to HSBC rebates of $1500 from car price, need to loan minimum 20K with loan period 1 year. But if you go for minimum loan amt and loan period, then likely wont get much for the cash rebate.

      Currently HSBC has the 12mth interest rate rebate loan package until 31 jan,
      Where it's minimum 7 years loan, with minimum 70% loan of car price.
      Then only pay for total 6 years amount of interest over 7 year period.
      Effectively it's 1.89% rate over 7 years. But this requires loan lock-in period of 2 years. If break the loan agreement within 2 years, not only there is the standard rule of 78 penalty, also additional interest penalty.
      So it's better off to take normal loan at 2.2 %, with lock-in period 1 year.

      Talk to your friend who bought Toyota, very important to get a good Sales Engineer first.

      SE = Sales Executive Very Happy

  • behamut2ko's Avatar
    31 posts since Dec '04
    • A question..
      I have taken a 20K loan over 7 years from HSBC Bank during the my booking of a Vios in October. However, I did not remember my SE mentioning anything about rebates to me.
      In this case, am I entitled to any rebates??
      Thank..

  • houndy's Avatar
    1,520 posts since Aug '04
    • Originally posted by win_ong81:
      My mum's 1995 Nissan March will be 'DEAD' by 15th June 2005, my question is, can my mum use the Nissan March PARF of 10k to pay for the deposit of a new Vios?

      We just came back from Borneo Motors and the family is kinda decided on the car, most likely we would take silver. Are there any VIOS owners here who can advise us on the procedures of booking a new car with BM.

      Back in 1995 when my mum first bought the MARCH, the practice was to pay a deposit of 30% upon confirmation of an order, the remaining 70% would either be paid for in cash or through a bank loan. 10 years is a long time, I wonder if that still aplies today?

      you manage to survive in borneo motors????? got try other showrooms from other cars??? anyway good luck to your new car... Very Happy

  • win_ong81's Avatar
    31 posts since Dec '04
    • I think the main problem with BM SE is that quite a number of them are quite stuck up. But as my parents say, Toyota makes really good cars. The VVT-I technology is already gaining steam worldwide as it is renowned for it's power and most importantly fuel economy.

      Quite surprised to actually see so many Starlets surviving into their 20th year(those SBB plates), that I think is a testament to Toyota's engineering excellence.

  • Larry's Avatar
    2,097 posts since Mar '00
    • Originally posted by behamut2ko:
      A question..
      I have taken a 20K loan over 7 years from HSBC Bank during the my booking of a Vios in October. However, I did not remember my SE mentioning anything about rebates to me.
      In this case, am I entitled to any rebates??
      Thank..

      Once u sign on the dotted line, case closed. Whatever offers they throw together from the date u have signed no longer applies.

    • Originally posted by win_ong81:
      I think the main problem with BM SE is that quite a number of them are quite stuck up. But as my parents say, Toyota makes really good cars. The VVT-I technology is already gaining steam worldwide as it is renowned for it's power and most importantly fuel economy.

      Quite surprised to actually see so many Starlets surviving into their 20th year(those SBB plates), that I think is a testament to Toyota's engineering excellence.

      On the SE portion, it seriously depends on ur luck. My SE wasn't that generous, but she managed to get my car in a mth's time. And some of the people I know who booked from BM much earlier than me didn't even get to smell anything from their SE about their new rides. My friend's SE was much friendlier, and had much rebates and freebies thrown in. So it is really the luck of the draw.

  • heluim's Avatar
    172 posts since Oct '04
    • I tink if got the $ maybe should go for honda civic.. i tink Kah motor haf much better service.. and honda civic is more power less problem.. somemore made in japan..

  • LittleTiger's Avatar
    537 posts since Jul '04
    • Originally posted by win_ong81:
      I think the main problem with BM SE is that quite a number of them are quite stuck up. But as my parents say, Toyota makes really good cars. The VVT-I technology is already gaining steam worldwide as it is renowned for it's power and most importantly fuel economy.

      Quite surprised to actually see so many Starlets surviving into their 20th year(those SBB plates), that I think is a testament to Toyota's engineering excellence.

      Correct.... u can also see some LE Corolla back in 1984~1986 still on the road which have no mechanical problem. There are sure some problem with any car.... no car is perfect.... but there are some car make which although have more problem but they(manufacturer or owner) just cover-up itself.... u know what i mean lah.... face problem....

      Edited by LittleTiger 12 Jan `05, 10:50AM
  • SeeTees's Avatar
    129 posts since Apr '04
    • Originally posted by Larry:
      On the SE portion, it seriously depends on ur luck. .... So it is really the luck of the draw.

      Wah I think having fork out so much money still have to depend on luck it really speaks a lot on the service that you can expect... Surprisingly with the expected slowdown this year BM pple still trying to play Tough To Get... And I thot I was the only unlucky one last year... Attitude man...

      Edited by SeeTees 12 Jan `05, 11:02AM
  • win_ong81's Avatar
    31 posts since Dec '04
    • Honda Civic=Expensive and of course, higher depreciation.

      When you wanna sell also got problem, cos new cars so cheap and your asking price so high.

      That's what a second hand car dealer told my parents and he also said that most of the Civics bought 2-3 years back have already been re exported to other countries. Asking price too high already so no market here.

      Made in thailand does not mean it's no good, check out www.carsurvey.org and you will know why.

      Cheers!

  • jazzkee's Avatar
    4 posts since Dec '04
    • Hi I am planning to get a Vios in a couple of months... you mind recommending ur SE to me?

      Originally posted by owak:
      I will be collecting my new vios next week.
      So I can tell you from my experience...

      First, most importantly, MUST get a good, recommended Sales Engineer.
      I have seen a number of those arrogrant, senior SE from Ubi Showroom.
      I got my SE recommended from someone, and luckily I am recommended one good SE from Leng Kee..

      You cannot use the PARF of 10K as downpayment, since in this case it's car scrap due for 10 years. But you can use it to offset part of ur new car price.
      Downpayment for vios is $6300

      Depending on ur intended loan amount & loan period from HSBC, your SE normally provides you some cash rebate, in range of $300 to $400.
      Dont book if ur SE claims there is no such thing as cash rebate, and claims that their commission is low..
      SE earns commission too from HSBC car loan and AIG insurance.

      To be entitled to HSBC rebates of $1500 from car price, need to loan minimum 20K with loan period 1 year. But if you go for minimum loan amt and loan period, then likely wont get much for the cash rebate.

      Currently HSBC has the 12mth interest rate rebate loan package until 31 jan,
      Where it's minimum 7 years loan, with minimum 70% loan of car price.
      Then only pay for total 6 years amount of interest over 7 year period.
      Effectively it's 1.89% rate over 7 years. But this requires loan lock-in period of 2 years. If break the loan agreement within 2 years, not only there is the standard rule of 78 penalty, also additional interest penalty.
      So it's better off to take normal loan at 2.2 %, with lock-in period 1 year.

      Talk to your friend who bought Toyota, very important to get a good Sales Engineer first.
  • A_vErY_pOoR_gUy's Avatar
    115 posts since Jan '05
    • ya i tink the government might furthur cut the taxes of new cars due to the asean free trade agreement( AFTA)

  • LittleTiger's Avatar
    537 posts since Jul '04
    • Got $$$ buy altis better than civics…. altis with lots of lastest features and safety gadges like TRC, EDB, BA other than just the plain ABS. Somemore its the lastest model and not facelift one thus the depreation is lower and much better second value.

  • Larry's Avatar
    2,097 posts since Mar '00
    • Originally posted by SeeTees:
      Wah I think having fork out so much money still have to depend on luck it really speaks a lot on the service that you can expect... Surprisingly with the expected slowdown this year BM pple still trying to play Tough To Get... And I thot I was the only unlucky one last year... Attitude man...

      Well, u can always opt to walk away and approach another SE if the previous SE irritates u. They all have a sales quota to meet too. Twisted Evil

      Edited by Larry 31 Jan `05, 9:54AM
  • Dodobirdie's Avatar
    555 posts since Jun '03
    • Originally posted by win_ong81:
      My mum's 1995 Nissan March will be 'DEAD' by 15th June 2005, my question is, can my mum use the Nissan March PARF of 10k to pay for the deposit of a new Vios?

      We just came back from Borneo Motors and the family is kinda decided on the car, most likely we would take silver. Are there any VIOS owners here who can advise us on the procedures of booking a new car with BM.

      Back in 1995 when my mum first bought the MARCH, the practice was to pay a deposit of 30% upon confirmation of an order, the remaining 70% would either be paid for in cash or through a bank loan. 10 years is a long time, I wonder if that still aplies today?

      wait till after the budget is out. rumour has it that car prices will drop again.

Please Login or Signup to reply.