23 Nov, 07:48PM in sunny Singapore!
Home Cars

Wat kind of petrol???

Subscribe to Wat kind of petrol??? 51 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • SUPERFOUR's Avatar
    262 posts since Oct '01
  • Aprilia Rider's Avatar
    454 posts since Oct '01
    • shell 98 for me

      Originally posted by SUPERFOUR:
      Juz wanna ask u guys wat type of petrol u all usually use...i use Shell xo..

      ------------------
      The abovementioned cannot be held liable for the information posted above.

      Any information passed thru this website is to be kept as highly classified.

  • ah_tee's Avatar
    3,136 posts since Jul '01
    • 98 here too, but heard caltex platinum is a strong recommendation, havent try yet

      if u guys been to the caltex outside temasek poly, u will feel the stations is own by russia, all red color, got stars here n there

  • SUPERFOUR's Avatar
    262 posts since Oct '01
    • Originally posted by Aprilia Rider:
      shell 98 for me

      I'm oso riding an aprilia but i feel that xo is smoother n has more power than 98.but xo doesn't perfom when i have my rs pipe..y huh? instead esso 8000 works better..funny..my motorshop mechanic told me that caltex has the best petrol followed by shell..Caltex's petrol has the most power..tried it be4...ok lah got fight wif xo..

  • ZecHs's Avatar
    1,506 posts since Sep '01
    • Originally posted by SUPERFOUR:
      I'm oso riding an aprilia but i feel that xo is smoother n has more power than 98.but xo doesn't perfom when i have my rs pipe..y huh? instead esso 8000 works better..funny..my motorshop mechanic told me that caltex has the best petrol followed by shell..Caltex's petrol has the most power..tried it be4...ok lah got fight wif xo..

      caltex? plat? how much?
      i now usin esso 5000....tried 98 b4..no power one....still perfer the red oil 5k hehe

  • SUPERFOUR's Avatar
    262 posts since Oct '01
    • Originally posted by ZecHs:
      caltex? plat? how much?
      i now usin esso 5000....tried 98 b4..no power one....still perfer the red oil 5k hehe

      caltex platinum now i dunno how much coz drop in price n i seldom use caltex petrol.try xo..much more power than 5000..now xo onli $1.3something.used to be $1.5somthing..gives u a very smooth ride.. Smile Smile Smile

  • tRanCE's Avatar
    315 posts since Oct '01
  • fp2075r's Avatar
    608 posts since Jul '01
    • Originally posted by ah_tee:
      98 here too, but heard caltex platinum is a strong recommendation, havent try yet

      if u guys been to the caltex outside temasek poly, u will feel the stations is own by russia, all red color, got stars here n there

      U study temesek poly??

  • VspecR34's Avatar
    276 posts since Jul '01
    • Originally posted by ZecHs:
      i now usin esso 5000....tried 98 b4..no power one....still perfer the red oil 5k hehe

      Hey, I'm using Mobil 8000, green colour one, 98 lahz, I find quite good leh... .

      But I feel that 5000 (95) quite rough compared to 8000 (9Cool, rpm drop only a little when change gear Sad
      Morever full tank also cost about the same.
      For info, Esso = Mobil = ExxonMobil Smile

      I sometimes pump Shell XO loh, when I pamper my bike!~~~

      Actually I feel that petrol is about the same loh, think only slight difference in their properties.

      Singapore Petrol can trust lahz,
      M'sia one......, I dare not comMent.

      Caltex Wu Ya Hor bo?
      Really that goOd ar?

      Anyway, I'll always trust Mobil 1.
      (Cos my hme here got the station liao, kekeke)

      -="Does the inside of Ur fuel tank rust?"=-

  • Psycho V's Avatar
    979 posts since Sep '01
    • mi iz de biggest cheapo down here.

      my SP's tank got sticker sez 95, so I use Caltex 95 loh.

      anywez, 3 out of 95 is only 3.15% wat. Got diff meh?

  • abcd's Avatar
    37 posts since Aug '01
    • i got money pump XO… no money pump esso 8000. ya i tried caltex plat b4, reli very powerful but expensive lor… slightly more exp than XO.

  • ah_tee's Avatar
    3,136 posts since Jul '01
    • Originally posted by SUPERFOUR:
      caltex platinum now i dunno how much coz drop in price n i seldom use caltex petrol.try xo..much more power than 5000..now xo onli $1.3something.used to be $1.5somthing..gives u a very smooth ride.. Smile Smile Smile

      XO used to be 1.44, now 1.36 Razz

    • Originally posted by fp2075r:
      U study temesek poly??

      yes, u too?

  • SUPERFOUR's Avatar
    262 posts since Oct '01
    • I sometimes got go m’sia walk walk wif my gf and i pump the shell petrol there…wah more powerful than s’pore xo leh…the color of the petrol is blue…but pick up damn good compared to s’pore one…

  • ZecHs's Avatar
    1,506 posts since Sep '01
    • Originally posted by VspecR34:
      Hey, I'm using Mobil 8000, green colour one, 98 lahz, I find quite good leh... .

      But I feel that 5000 (95) quite rough compared to 8000 (9Cool, rpm drop only a little when change gear Sad
      Morever full tank also cost about the same.
      For info, Esso = Mobil = ExxonMobil Smile

      I sometimes pump Shell XO loh, when I pamper my bike!~~~

      Actually I feel that petrol is about the same loh, think only slight difference in their properties.

      Singapore Petrol can trust lahz,
      M'sia one......, I dare not comMent.

      Caltex Wu Ya Hor bo?
      Really that goOd ar?

      Anyway, I'll always trust Mobil 1.
      (Cos my hme here got the station liao, kekeke)

      -="Does the inside of Ur fuel tank rust?"=-

      yes my inside tank rust alreadi..but a bit only....
      at least ur house only got mobil leh...mine got esso mobil and shell..so sometimes also dunno wat petrol to give them sia hehe
      anyways i think i later go try XO..coz never try b4 ma hehe

      ------------------
      _-,-,=<
      BeWaRe! AwAs! x|aO x|n!
      | b|t3!!

  • SUPERFOUR's Avatar
    262 posts since Oct '01
    • Originally posted by ZecHs:
      yes my inside tank rust alreadi..but a bit only....
      at least ur house only got mobil leh...mine got esso mobil and shell..so sometimes also dunno wat petrol to give them sia hehe
      anyways i think i later go try XO..coz never try b4 ma hehe

      i can tel u xo has definately got more power n pick up than exxonmobil's petrol so hurry, go try it!!! :p

  • ah_tee's Avatar
    3,136 posts since Jul '01
    • Originally posted by SUPERFOUR:
      I sometimes got go m'sia walk walk wif my gf and i pump the shell petrol there...wah more powerful than s'pore xo leh...the color of the petrol is blue...but pick up damn good compared to s'pore one...

      the petrol u toking about is Vpower

      they dun have XO there though, i wonder y

      [This message has been edited by ah_tee (edited 19 October 2001).]

    • eh guys, i tried clatex plat just now, I FEEL not much difference from 98 leh, just abit more smoother , the power increase is not significant at all, something compaable wif XO though…

  • Aprilia Rider's Avatar
    454 posts since Oct '01
    • Originally posted by SUPERFOUR:
      I'm oso riding an aprilia but i feel that xo is smoother n has more power than 98.but xo doesn't perfom when i have my rs pipe..y huh? instead esso 8000 works better..funny..my motorshop mechanic told me that caltex has the best petrol followed by shell..Caltex's petrol has the most power..tried it be4...ok lah got fight wif xo..

      any diff are u sure thats its not a psycological effect ?

      technically spking, my mech told me that my rs is '96 bike, so pump XO no use. no diff
      another reason is that XO is for higher compression engines, mostly the big bikes.

      i personally havnt pumped XO b4 lah
      gotta ask at T to tell u more

      budden i got fren who was using XO who changed to 98 told me that the engine became smoother.

      Personally
      SPC sucks. i pumped 98 octane fuel immediately felt the diff. engine very rough.

      on the other hand, i felt that mobil 8k engine more smooth.

      budden i still pump Shell 98 bwhahaha

      i guess different bike got different reactions to different and then it performs differently too.

      LASTLY
      at last got another rs rider here liao
      me and ah T not that lonely. LoL

      info: fine increased to $700 liao hor when puting the rs pipe.
      i got oso dare not put ah.

      query: eh forgot wad i wanna ask liao.
      when i rem then i post again

      ------------------
      The abovementioned cannot be held liable for the information posted above.

      Any information passed thru this website is to be kept as highly classified.

  • SUPERFOUR's Avatar
    262 posts since Oct '01
    • Originally posted by Aprilia Rider:
      any diff are u sure thats its not a psycological effect ?

      technically spking, my mech told me that my rs is '96 bike, so pump XO no use. no diff
      another reason is that XO is for higher compression engines, mostly the big bikes.

      i personally havnt pumped XO b4 lah
      gotta ask at T to tell u more

      budden i got fren who was using XO who changed to 98 told me that the engine became smoother.

      Personally
      SPC sucks. i pumped 98 octane fuel immediately felt the diff. engine very rough.

      on the other hand, i felt that mobil 8k engine more smooth.

      budden i still pump Shell 98 bwhahaha

      i guess different bike got different reactions to different and then it performs differently too.

      LASTLY
      at last got another rs rider here liao
      me and ah T not that lonely. LoL

      info: fine increased to $700 liao hor when puting the rs pipe.
      i got oso dare not put ah.

      query: eh forgot wad i wanna ask liao.
      when i rem then i post again

      confirm not psychology effect...use rs pipe cannot pump good petrol...for my extrema la..for those aprilians out there i dunno lar.. but when i change back to milo use normal petrol no power..must pump good petrol..n i believe u n ah_tee ride a replica am i rite?? Smile Smile Smile

  • ah_tee's Avatar
    3,136 posts since Jul '01
    • yes,

      my replica suck when i using caltex,

      damn, i thought the pick up is ok, just now went ECP the bike like want to sleep like that

  • ZecHs's Avatar
    1,506 posts since Sep '01
    • lolxxx
      in the end still no go try xo...
      ride 1/2 way out of fuel...den go pump $2 esso 8k.....after dat tong to malaysia pump V POWER hehehe ^^
      now pick up and everything quite smooth..managed to hit ard 120 - 125 only siao mian yang Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

      ------------------
      _-,-,=<
      BeWaRe! AwAs! x|aO x|n!
      | b|t3!!

  • kof-guy's Avatar
    1,061 posts since Sep '01
    • fusion all the way.

      er actually it's OK to mix different brands of petrol, as long as they're of the same octane level.

      i don't remember the reason liaoz, but it's something about the speed the fuel burns at. 98 fuel is more efficient because it burns slower and produces more power than 95 fuel.

      so when you mix different grade petrol, it causes the petrol to burn inconsistently. can feel some slight knocking, bad for piston.

      er....something like that lah. forgot the exact thing liao, lazy to find also.

      ------------------
      vroom...tingtingtingtingti...vroom~

  • ah_tee's Avatar
    3,136 posts since Jul '01
    • i dunno whether is it true or not

      when i first got my bike, it drink XO all the way, until got one day abit leong so drink 98, go less than 3 click must go overhaul!!!!piston jam, kon rod crack, inside all the bearings crushed!!!hahaha

  • kof-guy's Avatar
    1,061 posts since Sep '01
Please Login or Signup to reply.