27 Feb, 12:48AM in sunny Singapore!
Home Cars

Sticky: Minimum Age Is 18 REGARDLESS Car/Bike, Theory/Pract!

Subscribe to Sticky: Minimum Age Is 18 REGARDLESS Car/Bike, Theory/Pract! 51 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • Vigelic's Avatar
    1,219 posts since Mar '07
    • Minimum age for the theory/practical for Class 3, 3A, 2B is 18!

      Class 3: Manual & Auto cars
      Class 3A: Auto cars ONLY (no clutch pedal)
      Class 2B: Motorcycles not exceeding 200cc

      NOTE: AGE is based on your BIRTHDATE, not the year. You cannot apply for learning before your birthDATE, only after.

      And no you cannot take the theory before 18 first unless you can make a fake I/C with a fake birthdate.

      So stop asking already! -.-

      It's 18 NO MATTER WHAT! (Unless you're not talking about Singapore or unless you're the next prime minister then maybe)

      P.S. Full definition for Class 3 and Class 3A as follows:

      Class 3: Motorcars Of Unladen Weight Not Exceeding 3000KG With Not More Than 7 Passengers, Exclusive Of The Driver And Motor Tractors And Other Motor Vehicles Of Unladen Weight Not Exceeding 2500KG

      Class 3A: Automatic Motorcars Of Unladen Weight Not Exceeding 3000KG With Not More Than 7 Passengers, Exclusive Of The Driver And Motor Tractors And Other Motor Vehicles Of Unladen Weight Not Exceeding 2500KG (Auto Car)

      References:
      BBDC-
      http://www.bbdc.sg/bbdc/xl/XL200_lite/class3_enrol_requirements.asp
      http://www.bbdc.sg/bbdc/xl/XL200_lite/faq_course.asp

      CDC-
      http://www.cdc.com.sg/users/courses/course_detail.asp?id=2#requirements

      For further information or queries please contact the following numbers BEFORE POSTING ANY QUESTIONS HERE:

      BBDC: 6561 1233 / 1266
      CDC: 6841 8900

      =========================
      Note to moderator: Vigelic in NS commencing 13th March 2008. Please help to edit this post if there are any changes in the two years of absence. Thanks and see you in 2 years (maybe).

      Edited by Vigelic 14 Jan `08, 3:55PM
  • iaintmad's Avatar
    1,152 posts since Aug '07

    • no.
      unless u drive lorry ( those used to fetch trailers tt class de)
      21 years old.
      i read tt on lta web

  • Vigelic's Avatar
    1,219 posts since Mar '07
    • Originally posted by iaintmad:
      no.
      unless u drive lorry ( those used to fetch trailers tt class de)
      21 years old.
      i read tt on lta web

      -.- pls re-read my topic

      i onli included 2 classes of vehicles.

      but TY FOR YOUR SUPPORT.
      Now pls sticky this.

  • popmynutsy's Avatar
    4,026 posts since Dec '05
    • hahahaha. my mgr heard this rumor since he was 16, and now he is 28.
      Laughing Laughing Laughing

      anyway, i heard that got this international driving license that u 16 years old can take already? u see the ssdc booklet they say class 1, below 18 driver.

  • gigabyte14's Avatar
    21,826 posts since Jul '06
  • Pitot's Avatar
    43,431 posts since Aug '05
  • speakupforyourrights's Avatar
    1,294 posts since Oct '07
    • Originally posted by popmynutsy:
      hahahaha. my mgr heard this rumor since he was 16, and now he is 28.
      Laughing Laughing Laughing

      anyway, i heard that got this international driving license that u 16 years old can take already? u see the ssdc booklet they say class 1, below 18 driver.

      class 1 is drive bicycle?
      Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

  • iaintmad's Avatar
    1,152 posts since Aug '07
  • Vigelic's Avatar
    1,219 posts since Mar '07
    • Originally posted by gigabyte14:
      aiyo, put class 3 and class 2 in the 1st post lor Laughing

      done.

  • Moderator
    nick34's Avatar
    10,509 posts since Jul '01
    • Originally posted by Pitot:
      i suggest we sticky this. Laughing

      Here you go and future asking of age limit will be deleted without notice Wink

      TS : It would be better if you can add in more infos on the 1st post or should you need to restart a new topic on this issue, kindly pm me the topic title to replace this.

      Wink

      Edited by nick34 16 Oct `07, 3:50PM
  • Vigelic's Avatar
    1,219 posts since Mar '07
    • lol i can update the first post..

      but there's really nothing more to add right? let me know what else i need to add to first post and i'll do it =)

      (imo the class 4 and 5 licenses not realli relevant since this is CARS.sgf, in fact class 2b also not relevant but i've included it la.. but if u pple strongly insist that i shld include all the minimum ages for ALL classes of vehicles then i'll update the first post with that la.. DEMOCRACY!)

  • Pitot's Avatar
    43,431 posts since Aug '05
  • iaintmad's Avatar
    1,152 posts since Aug '07
    • emailed the SSDC a few months back,
      their reply :

      Hi , There is no change in the requirement. The age required for registration and booking of theory tests is still 18years old (on the date of birth). Regards James LiauwBusiness Planning

  • stellazio's Avatar
    47,788 posts since Apr '05
    • Originally posted by iaintmad:
      emailed the SSDC a few months back,
      their reply :

      Hi , There is no change in the requirement. The age required for registration and booking of theory tests is still 18years old (on the date of birth). Regards James LiauwBusiness Planning

      was there even a need to ask?

      if rules change to 21, the newspaper and media will confirm put big big for everyone to see. Laughing

  • iaintmad's Avatar
    1,152 posts since Aug '07

    • MOTORCAR CLASS 3C / 3A
      Motor cars of unladen weight not exceeding 3,000kg with not more than 7 passengers excluding the driver.
      Motor tractors and motor vehicles of unladen weight not exceeding 2,500kg.

      found this too,

      ENROLMENT REQUIREMENTS
      Minimum age requirement: 18 years old.
      Physically and mentally fit.
      Able to read at a distance of 25 metres & do not suffer from colour blindness.
      Must not accumulate more than 12 demerit points under Driver Improvement Points System (DIPS)
      Must not have any class(es) of Qualified Driving Licence / Provisional Driving Licence under revocation, disqualification or suspension

      http://www.bbdc.sg/bbdc/xl/XL200_lite/class3_enrol_requirements.asp

    • Originally posted by stellazio:
      was there even a need to ask?

      if rules change to 21, the newspaper and media will confirm put big big for everyone to see. Laughing

      cause my friend keep insisting!
      he even said news got report
      -.-
      like wtf
      then i forward the mail to him he LL.
      Laughing

  • doom288's Avatar
    5 posts since Feb '04
    • is confirm 18 la, even if u 17 with a few days to 18, they wont let you register at all…i tried to pull this stunt and it didnt work.

  • popikachu's Avatar
    16,111 posts since Dec '06
  • MyParentsDunWanMe's Avatar
    353 posts since Aug '07
  • snorezzz's Avatar
    104 posts since Feb '07
    • Originally posted by speakupforyourrights:
      class 1 is drive bicycle?
      Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

      No class 1 is for disabled persons.

  • ahmad0410's Avatar
    39 posts since Dec '07
  • Resentment's Avatar
    1,255 posts since Aug '07
  • silver fish's Avatar
    107 posts since Nov '07
  • MyNameisNas's Avatar
    263 posts since Apr '07
    • Originally posted by iaintmad:

      [** top part cutted**]

      found this too,

      ENROLMENT REQUIREMENTS
      Minimum age requirement: 18 years old.
      Physically and mentally fit.
      Able to read at a distance of 25 metres & do not suffer from colour blindness. Must not accumulate more than 12 demerit points under Driver Improvement Points System (DIPS)
      Must not have any class(es) of Qualified Driving Licence / Provisional Driving Licence under revocation, disqualification or suspension

      http://www.bbdc.sg/bbdc/xl/XL200_lite/class3_enrol_requirements.asp[/b]

      if colour blind how?? cannot take license is it?

    • Originally posted by iaintmad:

      [** top part cutted**]

      found this too,

      ENROLMENT REQUIREMENTS
      Minimum age requirement: 18 years old.
      Physically and mentally fit.
      Able to read at a distance of 25 metres & do not suffer from colour blindness. Must not accumulate more than 12 demerit points under Driver Improvement Points System (DIPS)
      Must not have any class(es) of Qualified Driving Licence / Provisional Driving Licence under revocation, disqualification or suspension

      http://www.bbdc.sg/bbdc/xl/XL200_lite/class3_enrol_requirements.asp[/b]

      QUOTED FROM http://www.sgforums.com/?action=thread_display&thread_id=285931

      if colour blind how?? cannot take license is it?

Please Login or Signup to reply.