21 Apr, 05:51AM in sunny Singapore!
Home Cars

Bad Private Driving School...AVOID AT ALL COST!!!

Subscribe to Bad Private Driving School...AVOID AT ALL COST!!! 35 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    2 posts since Oct '07
    • Hi all...
      Am new here and its sad that I have to start by posting something negative. I just got my PDL about a month and a half back after clearing both my BTT and FTT. I found this driving school Daiichi Driving Instruction Center that operates primarily out of CDC at Ubi. I've paid the registration fee of $30 and in the 1.5mths with the school, I've been taught by different instructors on 3 occasions.I'm fine with having a change of instructors once or twice if my "primary" instructor is unavailable however how could it be practically 3/5 lessons?

That's unreasonable at all. On top of that during lessons, there's this particular old man that teaches me, he would fall asleep in the car, and I had to nudge him awake to ask for directions. Isn't that dangerous? I was pretty pissed of by it considering that I'm paying for the lessons and yet I get such unprofessional service. How is that acceptable? And there's an issue of safety involved as well. I was so pissed by the lack of professionalism that on at times, I would suddenly jam on the brakes to jerk the car to jostle the instructor awake, and he would scold me. I told him off that I'm paying for his services and the least he could do is to stay awake, to which he told me off.

Now,I don't wish to create any trouble but I would like to highlight to all about the above and wish that somebody can provide me a responsible driving instructor.

Thanks,
      Ctan87

43,431 posts since Aug '05
    21,825 posts since Jul '06
    7,199 posts since Mar '03
    • Originally posted by ctan87:
      Hi all...
      Am new here and its sad that I have to start by posting something negative. I just got my PDL about a month and a half back after clearing both my BTT and FTT. I found this driving school Daiichi Driving Instruction Center that operates primarily out of CDC at Ubi. I've paid the registration fee of $30 and in the 1.5mths with the school, I've been taught by different instructors on 3 occasions.I'm fine with having a change of instructors once or twice if my "primary" instructor is unavailable however how could it be practically 3/5 lessons?

That's unreasonable at all. On top of that during lessons, there's this particular old man that teaches me, he would fall asleep in the car, and I had to nudge him awake to ask for directions. Isn't that dangerous? I was pretty pissed of by it considering that I'm paying for the lessons and yet I get such unprofessional service. How is that acceptable? And there's an issue of safety involved as well. I was so pissed by the lack of professionalism that on at times, I would suddenly jam on the brakes to jerk the car to jostle the instructor awake, and he would scold me. I told him off that I'm paying for his services and the least he could do is to stay awake, to which he told me off.

Now,I don't wish to create any trouble but I would like to highlight to all about the above and wish that somebody can provide me a responsible driving instructor.

Thanks,
      Ctan87

responsible driving instructor = CDC itself lor..

2 posts since Oct '07
    2,552 posts since Jul '05
    • 36 for 90 mins???if it is then thats the rate…private instructors sometimes will doze off one

14,290 posts since Jan '03
    • haha it usually means u're a really good driver. he's so confident he can place his life in your hands. literally. Mr. Green

10,446 posts since Jul '05
    • Originally posted by dumbdumb!:
      haha it usually means u're a really good driver. he's so confident he can place his life in your hands. literally. Mr. Green

Laughing Laughing Laughing

718 posts since May '03
      Hi all...
      Am new here and its sad that I have to start by posting something negative. I just got my PDL about a month and a half back after clearing both my BTT and FTT. I found this driving school [b]Daiichi Driving Instruction Center
      that operates primarily out of CDC at Ubi.

Thanks,
      Ctan87[/b]

it should be called TAIJI driving instruction centre instead.

taiji = tolak

1,803 posts since Jun '06
    16,378 posts since Aug '05
    • Originally posted by dumbdumb!:
      haha it usually means u're a really good driver. he's so confident he can place his life in your hands. literally. Mr. Green

Laughing Laughing Laughing

925 posts since Feb '06
    • Try this the next time:

If he falls asleep, just ebrake very hard.

Then tell him got "MAO" run over.

Or another tactic, keep shaking the car with the accelerator.
      Spoil his engine.

Laughing

596 posts since Sep '06
    16,865 posts since Sep '05
    554 posts since Dec '04
    1,298 posts since Oct '03
    • call mr toh, 90250774 soon tien driving. they operate in ubi area. and say jin cai recommend u. at least his svc std nt that bad. $20 per hr

436 posts since May '07
    4,026 posts since Dec '05
    • dude. dont fark around with ur instructors. if u pissed them off, they fail u, u ll. so no matter what, try to relax and tell them nicely. Wink

1,780 posts since Dec '04
      Per lesson is $36 isn't that market rate?

do you know how much i pay for bbdc school for 1hr 40min lesson?

$68.xx with GST inclusive.
      premium service comes with price.

private instructor most of the times is by word of mouth aka ppl gai xiao one.
      If u belong to the category of calling the number on the car, cos they got not enough students so need to advertise a bit. Mr. Green

But sadly i am trying to get a date for my 3rd test date. Crying or Very sad

21,825 posts since Jul '06
    • Originally posted by sLeEpWaLkErInG:
      do you know how much i pay for bbdc school for 1hr 40min lesson?

$68.xx with GST inclusive.
      premium service comes with price.

private instructor most of the times is by word of mouth aka ppl gai xiao one.
      If u belong to the category of calling the number on the car, cos they got not enough students so need to advertise a bit. Mr. Green

But sadly i am trying to get a date for my 3rd test date. Crying or Very sad

school ma Laughing

1,780 posts since Dec '04
    • $36 i can add like a few dollar and get 2 x lesson... instead of 1...

aiyah.. what to do, cos i heard skool one faster dates and private have to wait for circuits, dates, etc..

So boh bian, need to try to get licence fast... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

328 posts since Apr '04
    • IMO, good private instructors only is through word of mouth .Those who adverties alot obviously have no business so the need to advertise. try sourcing for good private instructors from your friends

239 posts since Oct '07
    • take those really is pte instructors de la.. y go to those school or company de?! spend more unneccessary money only rite!? if u r really interested, msg me for contact for my instructor… he taught 3-4 frens of mine too. all pass liao.. at least he wun slp when u r driving… at most he will be eating banana in the car… serious… he not bad… he’s nv late for our lessons too…

153 posts since Feb '04
Please Login or Signup to reply.