25 Oct, 09:13AM in sunny Singapore!
Home Cars

Honda Civic Type R

Subscribe to Honda Civic Type R 42 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    284 posts since May '07
    • Just asking a silly question here, is the Honda Civic Type R sold here in S'pore. I saw several Type R but I'm not sure if it's real or fake.

I read somewhere that only M'sia and Japan has the Type R. Please clarify, thks!smile.png

37,067 posts since Dec '02
    938 posts since Oct '04
    • Originally posted by Ferrari_RoXz:

Just asking a silly question here, is the Honda Civic Type R sold here in S'pore. I saw several Type R but I'm not sure if it's real or fake.

I read somewhere that only M'sia and Japan has the Type R. Please clarify, thks!smile.png

there are 2 versions of the new civic type R in sg.

Euro
      JDM

Euro Type R is pushing 218bhp whereas the JDM is pushing up to 238bhp.

Both versions of the type R costs about $105k. The Euro version is brought in by Kah Motors and the JDM version by Parallel importers.

The Euro version is 2 door and very futuristic in looks. this version of Type R cannot be fake one.. However, on the other hand, the JDM version is easily replicated by changing brake kits, spoiler, bodykit and a single exhaust tip. Perhaps the significant way to tell the difference is for it to let u smell its smoke.

IMHO, the new JDM civic type R is truly a masterpiece... its reaaaaaaallly fast.. well, after all its a NA 2.0.

1,163 posts since Sep '03
    284 posts since May '07
    • Ya, i like the Euro version. Top Gear got feature it. Saw some on the roads too. I like the triangle exhaust.

2,643 posts since Jan '08
    69 posts since Feb '08
    • Originally posted by zerocool85:

Euro
      JDM

Both versions of the type R costs about $105k. The Euro version is brought in by Kah Motors and the JDM version by Parallel importers.

The Euro version is 2 door and very futuristic in looks. this version of Type R cannot be fake one.. However, on the other hand, the JDM version is easily replicated by changing brake kits, spoiler, bodykit and a single exhaust tip. Perhaps the significant way to tell the difference is for it to let u smell its smoke.

IMHO, the new JDM civic type R is truly a masterpiece... its reaaaaaaallly fast.. well, after all its a NA 2.0.

euro version only 200hp jdm is 225. where u get ur spec from? zzzzz

dun come here & midlead people leh.

9,670 posts since May '04
    938 posts since Oct '04
    • Originally posted by fd2r:

euro version only 200hp jdm is 225. where u get ur spec from? zzzzz

dun come here & midlead people leh.

lol.. u are just quoting PAPER specs.. u wanna be so specific for what?.. like duh..

im quoting from real life dyno tests..

if i wanna mislead pple.. i would have already said that the type R is pushing 280bhp without any FI..

Edited by zerocool85 12 Feb `08, 8:13PM
    2,051 posts since Nov '04

Euro
      JDM

But Honda Type Rs lack torque....

I'd prefer a fire-breathing 2.5L V6 anyday...

Edited by cornyfish2000 12 Feb `08, 8:20PM
    938 posts since Oct '04
    • Originally posted by cornyfish2000:

ah.. that's where you are wrong... you must see at which rpm the peak torque comes in..

• anyway.. i always have the impression that honda cars are meant for the track.. but never meant for drags and such.

just like lotus.. on the straights, it cannot win ferrari.. but on the track, its a different story.

• Originally posted by cornyfish2000:

I'd prefer a fire-breathing 2.5L V6 anyday...

true.. there's no replacement for displacement.

751 posts since Nov '07
    • Originally posted by Ferrari_RoXz:

Just asking a silly question here, is the Honda Civic Type R sold here in S'pore. I saw several Type R but I'm not sure if it's real or fake.

There sure is Honda Civic Type R in SG, most commonly seen by me is in white color

1,723 posts since Mar '06

ah.. that's where you are wrong... you must see at which rpm the peak torque comes in..

cornyfish is right to a certain extent... that does not mean u are wrong...

all along type R engines from honda... even the f20 from s2000 lack LOW END torque...

the max torque kicks in very late.... due to the engine's high revving nature...

though this is good for the track as it maximize bhp/litre for an engine... and u achieve a higher top speed... it is clearly not good for everyday driving in sg road...

but it is compensated somewhat by having the gear ratios close to each other and a very high final drive...

938 posts since Oct '04
    • Originally posted by n0x:

cornyfish is right to a certain extent... that does not mean u are wrong...

all along type R engines from honda... even the f20 from s2000 lack LOW END torque...

the max torque kicks in very late.... due to the engine's high revving nature...

though this is good for the track as it maximize bhp/litre for an engine... and u achieve a higher top speed... it is clearly not good for everyday driving in sg road...

but it is compensated somewhat by having the gear ratios close to each other and a very high final drive...

yeah.. thanks for explaining on my behalf.. i was rushing off to work and had no time to explain why honda engines are famous for this.

especially with i-vtec, high reving.. makes the car very suitable for tracking although it won win evo etc on a straight line.. just take a look at the JDM Type-R's nurbugring track time.. fantastically fast.

anyway, i still think its good for everyday drive ba.. although uve to shift the gears alot and rev more than others.. plus the raced tune suspension gives u back breaking experience.. lol..

1,163 posts since Sep '03
    • I seen a Suzuki swift with TypeR stickers everywhere....... the cusion for the front seat was Type-R red-in color cusion...

i really wanna laugh...

69 posts since Feb '08

lol.. u are just quoting PAPER specs.. u wanna be so specific for what?.. like duh..

im quoting from real life dyno tests..

if i wanna mislead pple.. i would have already said that the type R is pushing 280bhp without any FI..

omg REAL LIFE DYNO! the dyno in sg?!?  on paper it only make 225 on 100ron fuel +  cold weather in japan. in sg with 98ron + hot weather u cant even get anything near 225!.

anyway, please post the dyno if u have it. 

203 posts since Dec '05
    • Uk version 218bhp? i doubt so dude. maybe 195-196 locally is still believeable. would like to see the dyno too

938 posts since Oct '04
    • Originally posted by fd2r:

omg REAL LIFE DYNO! the dyno in sg?!?  on paper it only make 225 on 100ron fuel +  cold weather in japan. in sg with 98ron + hot weather u cant even get anything near 225!.

anyway, please post the dyno if u have it. 

nope.. dont have the dyno.. was in a workshop when i saw it.. i dont even know the owner..

11 posts since Jun '05
    • hey guys can u clear my doubts?those 4door civic on the road with electronic digital meter are they considered civic type r? from wat i knw the latest civic type r are those 2 doors which i saw from honda web site.

hw abt those which i mention are they considered civic type r as well???

1,339 posts since Jan '05
    1,212 posts since May '06

• Originally posted by ah_wei83:

hey guys can u clear my doubts?those 4door civic on the road with electronic digital meter are they considered civic type r? from wat i knw the latest civic type r are those 2 doors which i saw from honda web site.

hw abt those which i mention are they considered civic type r as well???

kentheman has explained it. when you're a car enthusiast, spotting a fake type R from a real one is like telling the difference between a cat and a dog.

3 doors (1 including rear)- UK built type R. which looks like a hatchback.

4 doors - JDM built (japan) type R. mostly you see on the roads are white with white rims, black and white spoiler, fujitsubo exhaust, brembo brakes.

773 posts since Jun '04
    • Personally don't like the hatchback.  It is a Civic Type-S Europe imported, stiffen the suspension and put the Type-R badge.   4 Door JDM version is built as a Type-R from ground up.

1,212 posts since May '06
    • Originally posted by Bloop...:

Personally don't like the hatchback.  It is a Civic Type-S Europe imported, stiffen the suspension and put the Type-R badge.  

you think so? i don't like e hatchback too and i don't know much about e specs. but i think there's more to suspension and e badge itself. brakes? engine?

Please Login or Signup to reply.