01 Nov, 04:45PM in sunny Singapore!
Home Cars

which tyre brand is good?

Subscribe to which tyre brand is good? 52 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    201 posts since Feb '08
    • can anyone recommend me 195/60/15 within a $100 range?

my car tyres have worn out and its time to replace with a new set

is Goodyear from Japan? Is it good? What abot Hankok?

8,119 posts since Aug '06
    • Goodyear is from US. Hankook is from Korea. Goodyear would be better than Hankook I think. Bridgestone's not bad. If you are richer, Michelin is good.

Edit: Typo

Edited by alleggerita 20 Apr `08, 11:40PM
    1,339 posts since Jan '05
    • Originally posted by Mengna Lisha:

can anyone recommend me 195/60/15 within a $100 range?

my car tyres have worn out and its time to replace with a new set

is Goodyear from Japan? Is it good? What abot Hankok?

good tires dun come cheap. cheap tires dun come good

6,416 posts since Sep '02
    • 14 inch rims? Should be easy to get pretty good tyres for 14 inch below $100 though I dun know any. For 15 inches, I recommend Falken Ziex 921. Noisy but performance on dry and wet is surprisingly good and guess what, it is cheap. At Soh Brothers, you can get it for around 70-75

1,163 posts since Sep '03
    • depends on what you define as good. Some people like their tyres to be quiet. I dun care. My requirements are simply. Try to keep it below $100 per tyre, must have reasonably good grip on both wet and dry then I do my research. My first tyres were BF GOODRICH forgot what liao...good tyres for just 75 per tyre. Recently did some research and found good reviews on Falken Ziex 921 and when go and ask, only around 70 per tyre at Soh Brothers. It is noisy, but i dun care one cos i always on music loud loud so cant hear much tyre noise anyway haha

• Expensive doesn't mean very good also. Like the Michelin Pilot Primacy that came with my uncle's S40. The first 1yrs 6months very quiet, very grippy in wet and dry conditions. But after about 2yrs of usage, it's hardening and becoming very noisy. The size is 205/55/R16. I think one tyre about $200.

1,163 posts since Sep '03
    • Falken is quite a average brand la... normally 100/tire budget you can get a pretty good one... and they are known to "cut water" and "grip" during wet conditions.... therefore making the car safer and more stable...

8,145 posts since May '00
    • Originally posted by alleggerita:

Expensive doesn't mean very good also. Like the Michelin Pilot Primacy that came with my uncle's S40. The first 1yrs 6months very quiet, very grippy in wet and dry conditions. But after about 2yrs of usage, it's hardening and becoming very noisy. The size is 205/55/R16. I think one tyre about $200.

fren, most of the drivers i noe, recommend that u change ur tyres @ 40k km or 2 yrs, whichever comes first. thats when the best performance of the tyres will have been used.

the tyres can still be used tho.. just that they will not be performing at their best.

anyway to TS, hankook, falken, bf goodrich would prolly have decent tyres in ur price range. u would have to go recce and research a bit on what u wan from ur tyres. u would need to ask more detailed questions for clearer answers.

• Originally posted by nOrmalbOi:

fren, most of the drivers i noe, recommend that u change ur tyres @ 40k km or 2 yrs, whichever comes first. thats when the best performance of the tyres will have been used.

the tyres can still be used tho.. just that they will not be performing at their best.

anyway to TS, hankook, falken, bf goodrich would prolly have decent tyres in ur price range. u would have to go recce and research a bit on what u wan from ur tyres. u would need to ask more detailed questions for clearer answers.

But I have encountered tyres that remained quiet even into it's 3rd year. icon_confused.gif

7,209 posts since Jun '07
    • Originally posted by soleachip:

what about 16inch tyres? any recommendations?

Those that the forumnites suggested here like the Falken and etc are available in 16-inch too.

Those that the forumnites suggested here like the Falken and etc are available in 16-inch too.

okie. so if my tyres require change, do i get them changed by AA (free service) or is the job usually done by whoever sells the tyres?

47,811 posts since Apr '05

okie. so if my tyres require change, do i get them changed by AA (free service) or is the job usually done by whoever sells the tyres?

they change for you..

if you;'re stranded on the roadside, just show abit of cleavage, people will come help you too!

• but what if i want them all changed even if they are not punctured? the wrangler tyres look pretty cool.

47,811 posts since Apr '05

but what if i want them all changed even if they are not punctured? the wrangler tyres look pretty cool.

can also what, ur car ur money. nobody can stop you.teeth.png

but what if i want them all changed even if they are not punctured? the wrangler tyres look pretty cool.

Put off road tyres for what? Si beh suck petrol. icon_lol.gif

Put off road tyres for what? Si beh suck petrol. icon_lol.gif

how come off road tyres will consume more petrol?

Increase in friction = Increase in fuel needed to set tyres in motion?

piang... then best to stick to those falken and micheline types?

how come off road tyres will consume more petrol?

Increase in friction = Increase in fuel needed to set tyres in motion?

piang... then best to stick to those falken and micheline types?

Yeah..that's why it consumes more petrol. And yeah, stick with tyres like Michelin Energy. Tyres with low rolling resistance and special silicon compounds can help cut down petrol consumption.

Yeah..that's why it consumes more petrol. And yeah, stick with tyres like Michelin Energy. Tyres with low rolling resistance and special silicon compounds can help cut down petrol consumption.

Ok just received the AA magazine today. They provided a list of so called "reliable"workshops. Will try them out. So generally speaking Michelin is more reliable lah. Thanks mate.

Ok just received the AA magazine today. They provided a list of so called "reliable"workshops. Will try them out. So generally speaking Michelin is more reliable lah. Thanks mate.

No la. Michelin's price is a killer man. You can get tyres of near similar quality and functionality at lower prices.

Edited by alleggerita 22 Apr `08, 11:26PM

No la. Michelin's price is a killer man. You can get tyres of near similar quality and functionality at lower prices.

Then the falken type?

Then the falken type?

I think you should ask gasband. He's using Falken. He'll know better. But Falken's not bad. At least better than brands like Kumho, Hankook, etc. icon_biggrin.gif

• Kao... mine's hankook. No wonder it feels dangerous zipping around with those rollers. I feel accident prone 24/7.

I don't see gasband around... apparently there are differenty "styles" and "designs" to choose from. Think I'll opt for practicality. Thanks mate.

Please Login or Signup to reply.