26 Oct, 02:46AM in sunny Singapore!
Home Cars

TOYOTA RUSH or DAIHUTSU TERIOS

Subscribe to TOYOTA RUSH or DAIHUTSU TERIOS 26 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    354 posts since Dec '07
    • Hi all, I am looking to get either Toyota Rush or Daihutsu Terios soon. But cannot make up my mind on which to get!

Of the both, which one will you go for and why.

thanks

2,252 posts since Jul '05
    16,075 posts since Sep '08
    • Dimensionally... both are the same...

Only difference is their name.. (duh...)

See whether you are comfortable with an authorised agent for Daihatsu or a parallel importer for Toyota....

9,803 posts since Dec '07
    9,756 posts since Nov '03
    • All share the ame engine as well as Malaysia's Perodua Nautica.Remember Perodua Myvi,Toyota Passo,Daihatsu Sirion/Boon?Only a few changes

• Originally posted by carbikebus:

All share the ame engine as well as Malaysia's Perodua Nautica.Remember Perodua Myvi,Toyota Passo,Daihatsu Sirion/Boon?Only a few changes

That Daihatsu Sirion is not bad looking and it's pretty cheap compared to other counterparts of similar capacity.

14,339 posts since Sep '05
    • Originally posted by sinicker:

must you get the toyota rush/daihatsu terios? icon_confused.gif

Different people have different likes and tastes.. I respect his decision....

133 posts since May '08
    21,825 posts since Jul '06
    • Originally posted by gigabyte14:

toyota cars easier to sell

so toyota lor

Just be careful of which parallel importer you choose..

Otherwise you might be cheated of COE and stuff...

614 posts since Jul '08
    24,120 posts since Nov '03
    • I'd go with the Daihatsu; with that you can get reliable support and inexpensive servicing from Sin Tien Seng.

48 posts since May '07
    • its basically the same but terios doesnt have the small mirror attached to the side of the bonnet. if im not wrong.. there's the 4wd and 2wd terios whereas rush has only 2wd. terios is slightly cheaper though. interior is exactly the same as a rush. not to say that the rush is not good. personally i drive a rush and i find it ok.. just that the suspension is a little stiff.

• My vote goes to Daihatsu...

Sales have been healthy for Daihatsu this year... it's also a Japanese maker.....It has made a successful comeback from previous years due the new concepts of Sirion, Terios and Materia....

Besides... STS has been here for 50 years.... I guess it has a strong foothold in Singapore with strong sales of the charades in the 90s.....

354 posts since Dec '07
    • hey all, thank you for your comments :) will go down to sin tien today and see see look look

2,097 posts since Mar '00
    • Terios has both MT and AT models. Rush has only AT models in SG. Price-wise Terios seems to be lower in general, but Rush is more flexible in the cosmetics. So its ur decision as both models are using the same engine afaik.

8,145 posts since May '00
    • Originally posted by Larry:

Terios has both MT and AT models. Rush has only AT models in SG. Price-wise Terios seems to be lower in general, but Rush is more flexible in the cosmetics. So its ur decision as both models are using the same engine afaik.

Usually most parallel-imported cars are auto ones....

38 posts since Feb '09
    • Terios is quite value for money. Get the 4WD. Also, STS's servicing intervals are at 15k kilometers. Manual Terios are only available for 2WD versions. Was there a couple of weeks ago and my workplace is only 1 street away from the Kallang showroom.

18 posts since Mar '05
    • toyota rush is available in both rwd and 4wd models. manual and auto are also available. just that common for s'pore market is the rwd auto model. manual and 4wd are available on order basis.

daihatsu terios is also available at the same specs as rush. only difference is that terios don't come with kerb mirror, ie. the small mirror on the bonnet. recently, the terios is also available in 7-seater guise, although the country of origin is indonesia.

all in all, no matter rush or terios, its an affordable SUV with average fuel consumption and relatively easy to maintain, given toyota's excellent reliability. so which car u wanna buy is up to ur personal preference.

1 post since Feb '09
    • Get a Daihatsu Terios and join suvec group at suvec.org where we go places where normal cars cant go

• Originally posted by Police post:

Get a Daihatsu Terios and join suvec group at suvec.org where we go places where normal cars cant go

like go where? police post? icon_lol.gif

Please Login or Signup to reply.