19 Dec, 10:08PM in sunny Singapore!
Home Cars

Reckless driver - Nearly knock me down

Subscribe to Reckless driver - Nearly knock me down 30 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    1 post since Feb '09
    • This morning, i was crossing at pedestrian crossing. Both legs have stepped on zebra crossing, then just before i took another step this car is driving fast pass in front of me. I would be knocked down by Car Sxx 220R if i walk faster by 2 sec..

This driver should have stopped and wait for pedestrian to go first before moving on. He should know the traffic rules. How can such people pass their practical driving test. He thinks that the road is own by his grandfather.

I looked at this driver, he gave me sickening looked.

I wonder how come there is no hush law to punish such reckless driver. Such as take away their license for life, longer jail terms etc

It is not hard to understand why there are more fatal road accidents as report in newspaper.

I wanted to make police report, but since i am unhurt what can the police do to such people.

What would you if you encountered such situation?

67,571 posts since Feb '08
    • dats some inconsiderate drivers for you..

when crossing the road, must take extra precautions..

coz some drive like they own the whole road..

7,346 posts since Jul '07
    • I type the driver's point of view for you.

This morning, saw another jay walking pedestrain. Cross zebra crossing never pay attention. As he was 5 second from being in my way, I just cruise by him. He give a shocked look, as though he thought he was actually in any danger at all.

Cross the road pay attention lah. You see zebra crossing, you watch out for cars. Even primary school kids know that. you either slow down or speed up, so it will be clear to the driver whether he should stop or not, not bua long long hold up the whole line of traffic.

I wonder if got any law to punish jay walkers.

736 posts since Feb '09
    •  pedestrian crossing<<< open ur eyes and LOOK out for cars. Even though it is a pedestrian crossing, u still need to check for cars.

8,686 posts since Jun '08
    14,340 posts since Sep '05
    • today i driving home aft sch.. just got out of carpark so still in NTU area...

then.. approaching zebra crossing.. this ah tiong student stepped onto the road 1 metre before my stop line for the raised zebra crossing!!

his friend 'tahan' him. both smile smile.. no apology, no nothing.

how like that? ah tiong want to take away my job. ah tiong also want to make me seem to be a reckless driver.

126 posts since Apr '02
    • i m both a driver and pedestrian...........

let me speak fm pedestrian point of view..................

many a times, drivers simply pay no attention to pedestrians at the zebra crossing or red light crossing............i believe time is precious to them drivers...that every sec and min counts..........

after having experience some near deaths from drivers from hell, i never make any crossing until the driver comes to a complete halt....

never take your chances............spore drivers juz lacked discipline and consideration for others........

however, there are drivers who are considerate enough to stop and signal for you to cross over........but they are far fm many.......

8,452 posts since Dec '07
    • Originally posted by Sky c999:

This morning, i was crossing at pedestrian crossing. Both legs have stepped on zebra crossing, then just before i took another step this car is driving fast pass in front of me. I would be knocked down by Car Sxx 220R if i walk faster by 2 sec..

This driver should have stopped and wait for pedestrian to go first before moving on. He should know the traffic rules. How can such people pass their practical driving test. He thinks that the road is own by his grandfather.

I wonder how come there is no hush law to punish such reckless driver. Such as take away their license for life, longer jail terms etc

It is not hard to understand why there are more fatal road accidents as report in newspaper.

I wanted to make police report, but since i am unhurt what can the police do to such people.

wait till u go to china.

cars have the right of way at zebra crossings.

2,292 posts since May '04
    • Yah... Singapore driver too impatient and don't want to waste every single drop of fuel. Cos come to halt need to engage gear one waste more fuel ma...

Life in sg is cheaper than petrol.

2,252 posts since Jul '05
    • Originally posted by sinicker:

today i driving home aft sch.. just got out of carpark so still in NTU area...

then.. approaching zebra crossing.. this ah tiong student stepped onto the road 1 metre before my stop line for the raised zebra crossing!!

his friend 'tahan' him. both smile smile.. no apology, no nothing.

how like that? ah tiong want to take away my job. ah tiong also want to make me seem to be a reckless driver.

you got it wrong

ah tiong jealous of your nice ride and want you to knock him down so he can claim you for $$$.

this kind of money so easy to make, why not.

ah tiongs are capable of ANYTHING nowadays.

2,163 posts since Mar '08
    • even though it is a zebra crossing, you also can't walk anyhow right. you kena bang down and die also cannot change anything right? so next time just look before you cross any road.

16,075 posts since Sep '08
    • As a pedestrian, I must wait for the car to slow down first, then I cross, even though I have the right of way in a zebra crossing.

8,961 posts since Sep '04
    • Originally posted by Only-Way-4-Destiny!:

pedestrian crossing<<< open ur eyes and LOOK out for cars. Even though it is a pedestrian crossing, u still need to check for cars.

The female species are the one that just walk without looking, the drivers are expected to look out for them.

Nowadays, drivers also need to look out for cyclists. These two wheelers are fast. They are nowhere near the zebra crossing when you approach, but when you are near they just zoom across. Their attitude, you knock me, you at fault.

126 posts since Apr '02
    • cars slowing down before the crossing doesnt help either..........cos u never know he or she is slowing down before coming to a complete halt or not.........like i said, do not take chances.......

wait for the car to stop completely even though u might look like an idiot cos most of the times, the drivers would not even bother about you standing there waiting for them to stop before u make a crossing.......

there are incidents whereby even at red light crossing that the cars could not even stop in time and almost hit the pedestrians who also could not careless by walking the moment the little green man comes on......

of course there are some pedestrians who contributed to near miss or actual accidents and in the course ''victimised'' the drivers......

these pedestrians are kings and queens of the road, they walk as if they have some sort of special force fields that can block cars or stop cars from hitting them.......worst still, sometimes, they have children in tow and i m amazed that they value their lives relatively cheaply including their beloved younglings.......

before we can progress and develop self discipline and graciousness for our drivers and pedestrians...spore pedestrian crossings are generally, still unsafe, relatively speaking.......

my two cents...... 

38 posts since Feb '09

Nothing you can do really.

Consider yourself lucky to be unhurt. Life goes on.

603 posts since Jul '03
    296 posts since Nov '04
    15,021 posts since Apr '03

This morning, i was crossing at pedestrian crossing. Both legs have stepped on zebra crossing, then just before i took another step this car is driving fast pass in front of me. I would be knocked down by Car Sxx 220R if i walk faster by 2 sec..

u can still report police...

10,170 posts since Nov '03
    • Ah Tiong,Ah Sohs and Ah Peks are the notorious one,They don't even heckcare if you blast horn at them

• Originally posted by lianamaster:

There are really some crazy people around...

basically we already have a good road transport system..

but each person who defies the rules... like still crossing after time's already up, vehicles going into yellow box and cutting queues on filter lanes(this irks me most as i go home by PIE>KJE>BKE>SLE>TPE) that makes everything still messed up.

• Originally posted by sinicker:

basically we already have a good road transport system..

but each person who defies the rules... like still crossing after time's already up, vehicles going into yellow box and cutting queues on filter lanes(this irks me most as i go home by PIE>KJE>BKE>SLE>TPE) that makes everything still messed up.

Yea... it's the mentality of drivers that cause all these mishap here and there...

More people here are purchasing bigger cars & that also irks me especially when they think they can bully smaller cars by cutting into our lanes, competing for parking lots etc...

Please Login or Signup to reply.