23 Nov, 11:49AM in sunny Singapore!
Home Cars

Help in car rental.

Subscribe to Help in car rental. 65 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    10,432 posts since Jul '07
    • Bros, know of any good rental lobang for a decent car?
      planning to rent for a day or two, cos dad's being a bitch, don let me drive.
      P-plate friendly pls. . .

Anything to take note of when renting car? Tips on any whatnot would be great.

Thanks in advance.

635 posts since Mar '08
    • Hi maskangel,

Try http://www.eazicarlease.com.sg @ commonwealth car mall (thanks linwei20 !). (P-Plater friendly, rented with them before i got my own car)

Cheap rental, quite a lot of models to choose from (Consist of mostly fiat, some toyota, honda, kia, hyundai etc).

One thing to note, most are automatic transmission. If you want manual, book early (popular like hot cakes, cos cheaper). The rates can range from 40 - 130 per day (model dependant).

Heard that they got packages for their cars:

Monday - Friday: Min $180 (Model dependant)

Friday - Monday: Min $180 (Model dependant)

Weekend must take 3 days, cos they don't operate on weekends.

The car renting process goes like that:

1. You call the company and make a booking for your desired car.

2. You go down on the rental day to collect your car (stated time).

3. The staff will hand you a form to fill in while they photocopy your NRIC And Driving Licence.

4. If the car is not back yet, the staff will inform you to wait a while (maybe cleaning interior).

5. The staff ask you to follow him/her to your rental car.

6. The staff starts the engine of your rental car (checks fuel gauge level).

7. The staff does an exterior body assessment. (PLEASE remember to check the car thoroughly WITH THE STAFF, even though he is already checking. Don't be lazy, it can save you from unnecessary disputes or claims).

8. Once done, sign on the form to indicate acceptance, pay the full amount, and drive off.

9. Drive carefully and on the day before u return, check the car for any  "additional dents" or scratches, (might not be caused by you, but other son ** ***** at carparks).

10. Purchase turtlewax or other reliable wax to try to remove the minor scratches.

11. Return the amount of petrol that came with the car. (Means if you got the car at half tank petrol, top up back to half tank before you return).

12. Return in order and walk away happily    icon_biggrin.gif

IN CASE OF ANY MISHAP OR ACCIDENT, please notify the rental company. They will ask you to bring the car to any workshop of your choice to make good, before you return. I think they don't charge you for the additional time that you use the car (while its sitting at repair workshop).

Hope this non-comprehensive guide helps.

icon_mrgreen.gif

Edited by p228 01 Mar `10, 12:27PM
    1,008 posts since Jan '09
    • Originally posted by p228:

Hi maskangel,

Try http://www.eazicarlease.com.sg @ turf city. (P-Plater friendly, rented with them before i got my own car)

Cheap rental, quite a lot of models to choose from (Consist of mostly fiat, some toyota, honda, kia, hyundai etc).

One thing to note, most are automatic transmission. If you want manual, book early (popular like hot cakes, cos cheaper). The rates can range from 40 - 130 per day (model dependant).

Heard that they got packages for their cars:

Monday - Friday: Min $180 (Model dependant)

Friday - Monday: Min $180 (Model dependant)

Weekend must take 3 days, cos they don't operate on weekends.

The car renting process goes like that:

1. You call the company and make a booking for your desired car.

2. You go down on the rental day to collect your car (stated time).

3. The staff will hand you a form to fill in while they photocopy your NRIC And Driving Licence.

4. If the car is not back yet, the staff will inform you to wait a while (maybe cleaning interior).

5. The staff ask you to follow him/her to your rental car.

6. The staff starts the engine of your rental car (checks fuel gauge level).

7. The staff does an exterior body assessment. (PLEASE remember to check the car thoroughly WITH THE STAFF, even though he is already checking. Don't be lazy, it can save you from unnecessary disputes or claims).

8. Once done, sign on the form to indicate acceptance, pay the full amount, and drive off.

9. Drive carefully and on the day before u return, check the car for any  "additional dents" or scratches, (might not be caused by you, but other son ** ***** at carparks).

10. Purchase turtlewax or other reliable wax to try to remove the minor scratches.

11. Return the amount of petrol that came with the car. (Means if you got the car at half tank petrol, top up back to half tank before you return).

12. Return in order and walk away happily    icon_biggrin.gif

IN CASE OF ANY MISHAP OR ACCIDENT, please notify the rental company. They will ask you to bring the car to any workshop of your choice to make good, before you return. I think they don't charge you for the additional time that you use the car (while its sitting at repair workshop).

Hope this non-comprehensive guide helps.

icon_mrgreen.gif

Just to add on, http://www.eazicarlease.com.sg, have moved to Commonwealth Lane 15 already.

You can asked me as just recently last week i rented from them only 1day cost $70 (hyundai sonata) that car is damn cool! Those high class want.. Haha..

Some advice:

- try not to go to multi storey car park as you know MSCP always the pavement is damn super cramp, you might get scratches on the car. To prevent that, so don't go MSCP for RENTAL car..

Overall i can say that this company is EXCELLENT as they provide P plates and also NO ADDIDTIONAL CHARGE for P PLATE.

• thnkx guys. . .
      so in other words, i have to travel to the car rental place which is at commonwealth when taking and returning?

31,266 posts since Oct '02
    • maskie gonna drive for movie outing??????????????

thx in advance wor... biggrin.png

Btw i help to answer for the others...

Yes... if u pick up the car at commonwealth, u need to return it at commonwealth also...

Edited by ^Acid^ aka s|aO^eH~ 01 Mar `10, 12:29PM
    635 posts since Mar '08
    • Originally posted by linwei20:

Just to add on, http://www.eazicarlease.com.sg, have moved to Commonwealth Lane 15 already.

You can asked me as just recently last week i rented from them only 1day cost $70 (hyundai sonata) that car is damn cool! Those high class want.. Haha..

Some advice:

- try not to go to multi storey car park as you know MSCP always the pavement is damn super cramp, you might get scratches on the car. To prevent that, so don't go MSCP for RENTAL car..

Overall i can say that this company is EXCELLENT as they provide P plates and also NO ADDIDTIONAL CHARGE for P PLATE.

No lah.. you cannot say like that. Hahaha.. You must train yourself up to overcome the obstacle, not to avoid it.

Multi-Storey carparks are easy. Before turning towards "up" or "down", position your car at the outer, further away from the turn, and then turn inwards early. That should do the trick.

• Originally posted by maskedangel:

thnkx guys. . .
      so in other words, i have to travel to the car rental place which is at commonwealth when taking and returning?

Basically, Yes.

I duno whether they still have the "delivery" service, at additional cost. You can try asking them.

Go rent the Fiat Punto, if you looking at budget low cost. And they even have the skydome version (moonroof), at no additional cost. Opt for that if you taking the car for a date.

icon_lol.gif

• Originally posted by ^Acid^ aka s|aO^eH~:

maskie gonna drive for movie outing??????????????

thx in advance wor... biggrin.png

Btw i help to answer for the others...

Yes... if u pick up the car at commonwealth, u need to return it at commonwealth also...

wow.. got what movie outing? Bo jio...

• juz checked out their webbie. . Prices are nt updated seh. . .
      Nvm, i shall give them a call soon. Anyway, thnx for the webbie and detailed guide!

Anyways, movie outing at single's club, irregardless u're single or not lol

635 posts since Mar '08

juz checked out their webbie. . Prices are nt updated seh. . .
      Nvm, i shall give them a call soon. Anyway, thnx for the webbie and detailed guide!

Anyways, movie outing at single's club, irregardless u're single or not lol

LOL.. I shall check it out.. Hmm.. MaskedAngel, buy your own car..

icon_biggrin.gif

• wtf!
      i juz turned 20, haven even serve the country.

And my dad doesnt print cash ):

How to buy car!

31,266 posts since Oct '02

wtf!

How to buy car!

ur dad dun print cash...

doesn't mean u cannot print cash~ teeth.png

No lah.. you cannot say like that. Hahaha.. You must train yourself up to overcome the obstacle, not to avoid it.

Multi-Storey carparks are easy. Before turning towards "up" or "down", position your car at the outer, further away from the turn, and then turn inwards early. That should do the trick.

nono i don't agree with you, as the car is not 'yours', is rental want, if any marking on the car, you got to fork out a sum of money which is not worth it right? Unless is YOUR own car, haha then i nothing to say, by all means, do any marking also can. Haha!

635 posts since Mar '08

nono i don't agree with you, as the car is not 'yours', is rental want, if any marking on the car, you got to fork out a sum of money which is not worth it right? Unless is YOUR own car, haha then i nothing to say, by all means, do any marking also can. Haha!

Means you want to buy your own car then can park in MSCP?

Like that jialat oh.. All those newer estates usually have MSCP(s) instead of open air carparks. So you gonna park at bus stops? double yellow lines? Loading and Unloading bay for the time being?

icon_eek.gif

Just be careful. I rent car after i just pass my TP, i also hack care. Just turn slowly and carefully. You need to learn it somehow. Singapore does not have too many open air carparks left. Those normal HDB MSCP still ok..

Wait till you park your car at central mall, or novena square.

Edited by p228 02 Mar `10, 9:42AM

wtf!

How to buy car!

Relax, how much $$ you need to buy a car?

I print for you.

$300 k enough? Can buy you a GTR, rest of the money pay road tax / insurance / car mods.

Means you want to buy your own car then can park in MSCP?

Like that jialat oh.. All those newer estates usually have MSCP(s) instead of open air carparks. So you gonna park at bus stops? double yellow lines? Loading and Unloading bay for the time being?

icon_eek.gif

Just be careful. I rent car after i just pass my TP, i also hack care. Just turn slowly and carefully. You need to learn it somehow. Singapore does not have too many open air carparks left. Those normal HDB MSCP still ok..

Wait till you park your car at central mall, or novena square.

Haha actually we both have the point actually.. Haha it depends on the skill you drive want ba.. Next time i will try go MSCP to see how it goes:) haha.. Anyway you rent for how many times? Which model? Do you have any scratches on the car or did you fork out extra money?

635 posts since Mar '08

Haha actually we both have the point actually.. Haha it depends on the skill you drive want ba.. Next time i will try go MSCP to see how it goes:) haha.. Anyway you rent for how many times? Which model? Do you have any scratches on the car or did you fork out extra money?

Haha.. No lah.. No scratches.. I zai mah... hahahha..

Rented for more than 8 times.. before i got my own car.. Rented Fiat Grande Punto.. The transmission takes time to get used to.. as it is a dualogic selespeed gearbox.. if accidentally scratch the car, get some turtlewax and try to "save it".

Usually works wonders.. icon_rolleyes.gif

Seriously, MSCP very easy one, especially you driving small cars like Fiat Punto.. I don't even have problem with MSCP, driving my own Kia Carens.

Haha.. No lah.. No scratches.. I zai mah... hahahha..

Rented for more than 8 times.. before i got my own car.. Rented Fiat Grande Punto.. The transmission takes time to get used to.. as it is a dualogic selespeed gearbox.. if accidentally scratch the car, get some turtlewax and try to "save it".

Usually works wonders.. icon_rolleyes.gif

Seriously, MSCP very easy one, especially you driving small cars like Fiat Punto.. I don't even have problem with MSCP, driving my own Kia Carens.

Woah zai kia! Hahaha!

Serious ar? 8 times?! Not expensive meh? What type of model did you rent for that 8times? Can you remember? Each time you rent for how many days? Hmm you mentioned this car 'Fiat Grande Punto' is an Auto or Manual? What do you men by dualogic selespeed gearbox?

Turtlewax where does it sell and how much?

259 posts since Feb '10
    • if you rent car, better rent manual. so you can refresh your driving skills. auto will make you brain dead fast.

but if you buy car, buy auto. cos it is easier to drive auto in SG traffic jams.

Edited by russiabear 02 Mar `10, 11:49AM
    16,465 posts since Jan '06
    • Rent a Fiat Punto before, seriously nice car to drive, easy to maneuver in MSCP, but never like it. Their auto seems like manual to me.

• Originally posted by toyota-corolla:

Rent a Fiat Punto before, seriously nice car to drive, easy to maneuver in MSCP, but never like it. Their auto seems like manual to me.

Also this company? EaziCarLease company? Why everyone saying this car hard to control? How is the difference? Care to share?

Also this company? EaziCarLease company? Why everyone saying this car hard to control? How is the difference? Care to share?

Nah, another random company. Is easy to control is not hard, because is small in size.

• Originally posted by toyota-corolla:

Nah, another random company. Is easy to control is not hard, because is small in size.

The car really very small? From my point of view, the smaller the car, people will tend to bully you is it? haha..

The car really very small? From my point of view, the smaller the car, people will tend to bully you is it? haha..

Not really, is how you drive, I even horn people who drove S class, bigger car than the car I drive. I like the car steering, pretty light.

Please Login or Signup to reply.