24 Nov, 07:18PM in sunny Singapore!
Home Cars

Help in car rental.

Subscribe to Help in car rental. 65 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    1,008 posts since Jan '09
    • Originally posted by p228:

if you rent monday - wednesday, i think not worth it. Cos you pay almost $ 50 - $ 60 per day, which amounts to $ 180 for three days. Might as well you take the car till Friday, and you only pay like $ 180, which is about $ 36 per day.

hmmm cos i only need the car for mon-wed only, that's why.. monday-wednesday is 2days only (don't mistaken) they count as mon-tues (1day)..

As you know rental car company sometime cannot be trust, if half way, the car breakdown while you are renting for 5days and you have only rent for 2days like tihs breakdown, no car will be replace want, am i right? From eazicarlease company..

635 posts since Mar '08
    • Can't really comment on that.. They used to provide free exchange, if the car breakdown. That was when I rented from them in Bendemeer, their first hideout.

icon_biggrin.gif

2 posts since Mar '10
    1 post since Mar '10
    • Originally posted by maskedangel:

Rented a Verna from eazicarlease for their 5days package, the fifth day being this friday.

Called the company at 1pm, and decided to get the fiat skydome 5door,  as it was cheappp.

Verbal agreement that i'm to arrive at their rental place at 7pm. Upon arrival at about 630pm, they offered me the 3 door skydome instead, to which i agreed as the other guy needed it to fetch his family from the airport.

They photocopy my IDs , check the car here and there, and as i was about to drive it of, they say got miscommunication/ poor scheduling and thus, they have to change the car again, now to a hyundai verna. Was kinda pissed with their service. Not organized at all.

Had to pay a little more for the verna, and i was more than willing to drive off before they decide to change the car again.

Car condition was pretty bad. The second door on the left side of the car cannot be open from the inside. Interior light not working. Hardcore scratches on all 4 corners of the car, which prolly is nt their fault, but still. .  . . Other than tad, no other issue ba.

I guess its kinda worth it for the price im paying. $180 for monday to friday.

but sian la, rent at 7.30pm on monday, gotta return by 5pm on friday, else $20per hour charged for being late.

Hihi that time you say you rented for 5days package right? How was it? The last day you returned the car, did the company charge you any extra money? You went the big round or go the shotcut?

• Was wondering, if an accident involved SMRT/SBS Buses or other motorist, but is not our fualt, what do we do? What is the steps to take note of? Any experience driver care to share? To add on, the car is from rental company.

Edited by linwei20 26 Apr `10, 9:22AM
    • Repeated post, sorry.

Edited by linwei20 26 Apr `10, 9:21AM
    10,432 posts since Jul '07
    • Sorry for the late reply.

Nope, I don have to pay a single cent went returning. Drove there, quick check, sign return paper, and its all done.

And yes, I went by the long way as its according to the traffic flow. The horror! It was like S and Crank course in circuit all over again lol.

• Me feel like renting car again.

Sorry for the late reply.

Nope, I don have to pay a single cent went returning. Drove there, quick check, sign return paper, and its all done.

And yes, I went by the long way as its according to the traffic flow. The horror! It was like S and Crank course in circuit all over again lol.

Haha that's good! You rent from eazicarlease right?

Like hell right the long way, might scare got scratches, we cannot go the opposite way then reverse back?

Anyway Fiat Punto, why didn't you rent? Is this car auto or manual? Did you contact the person first or you just go there and asked?

10,432 posts since Jul '07
    • Wanted to rent it, but they cocked up. On phone they say ok, when I come, they say have to change car as they had agreed to rent it to afew others also.

I rented from eazicarlease, as reccomended earlier in this thread.

No scrathes while doing the narrow road, but the very next time I rent, I will juz go againt the flow.

• I see. But Fiat Punto is Auto or Manual or is a mixed gear? Haha cos i not sure.

What do you mean you will just go againt the flow? Which means you will go the opposite direction and reverse?

Wanted to rent it, but they cocked up. On phone they say ok, when I come, they say have to change car as they had agreed to rent it to afew others also.

I rented from eazicarlease, as reccomended earlier in this thread.

No scrathes while doing the narrow road, but the very next time I rent, I will juz go againt the flow.

Are we able to go the opposite side of the traffic flow when returning the car not ar?

635 posts since Mar '08
    • Originally posted by linwei20:

Are we able to go the opposite side of the traffic flow when returning the car not ar?

There is always this saying................ Also the SAF last core value.

Do and don't get caught.

If this results in an accident, really good luck to you and your hard earned licence.

• Originally posted by linwei20:

I see. But Fiat Punto is Auto or Manual or is a mixed gear? Haha cos i not sure.

What do you mean you will just go againt the flow? Which means you will go the opposite direction and reverse?

Fiat Punto comes in either Manual, or Selespeed (Fiat's name for Tiptronic gear).

But from what i know, Eazicarlease only have the Selespeed version of Punto.

The good thing about punto is :

4 airbags / 6 airbags

Hill slope assist. (when u go down any steep ramp in carparks or major roads without stepping on the accelerator pedal or foot brakes, the car will regulate itself and slow down steadily, so you can manuoever carefully. For most japanese and korean cars, the car will just roll down quick and you got to control using the foot brake.)

Important thing to note, even though it is a longer way, always follow the flow of traffic to prevent getting into unnecessary accidents and trouble. Esp you are still on the yellow triangle. No point losing your hard earned licence.

Please Login or Signup to reply.