28 Nov, 12:53AM in sunny Singapore!
Home Cars

Best Car Shine

Subscribe to Best Car Shine 19 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    3 posts since Jul '04
    • I be getting a new car and somehow I am most concern abt my car shine compared with others. Somehow I alway feel that vios black is not shiny or black enough

Bros , which do you think will give the best wettest looking, longest lasting shine

- Toughseal
      - Glare
      - Regular polishing
      - Any other recommendations

Edited by TeePee 08 Jul `04, 10:12AM
    • anyone can advise or share their experience ?

14 posts since Jul '04
    • Hi,

I have my new getz done up by professionals. It only cost me $188 ( 12 times within a year). So far thats the best deal in mkt... Others cost avg abt. $120 per time. Too exp.. Embarassed

If you interested call me at HP: 9830-8560. will recommend the boss to you.

Cheers

1,667 posts since Oct '99
    • Hmmmmm
      I still believe in consistence in maintainence.. regular polishing is not necessary to me... I just Polish to a nice finish once in a while... Apply a coat of wax once every 2 weeks... goes a long way...

Seen people's car with Zymol before... Damn shiny with wet look... but then hor one small container of that "Carnuba wax" cost sgd$1450 so forget it...
      Among the waxs i tried, Turtle wax Carnuba most shiny but not that lasting... So far Autoglym can deliver results of up to 2 weeks, Soft99 Carnuba wax can last slightly longer... 3M can last ard there also...

Currently trying out Maguaire's NXT wax...
      last 2 week ++ with good shine, nice smooth surface and good water beading effects... the NXT result looks promising...

So far for last 3 years, i have tried many waxs and seen many treatments and non can protect against birdshit... So i dun really believe the crap about any wax that says they can protect against birdshit (esp crow shit)

Edited by DaKaR 15 Jul `04, 12:54AM
    67 posts since Aug '02
    147 posts since Dec '03
    • Originally posted by May88:
      Hi,

I have my new getz done up by professionals. It only cost me $188 ( 12 times within a year). So far thats the best deal in mkt... Others cost avg abt. $120 per time. Too exp.. Embarassed

If you interested call me at HP: 9830-8560. will recommend the boss to you.

Cheers

Hi May88,

Really good deal. But is it only for small car? How abt medium and big car? BTW, it is located at which part of S'pore?

6,416 posts since Sep '02
    14 posts since Jul '04
    • Hi all,

$188 for 1.0 to 1.6cc cars... good deal seriously.. i was there to supervise the whole process... personally find the job well-done...

They used the Autoglym products and my getz shine Cool haha...

If interested, just call me HP 9830-8560 and i can get further good deals for you... cos i have been the boss's loyalty customer la... he need to give me some face lei... Very Happy

The location is at Ubi Avenue...

Cheers..

8 posts since Jun '04
    • Hi Tee Pee...

Congrats in geeting ur new ride.

They're a lot of polishing company / brand out there.... AutoGlym, Amazing Glaze, Tuff Seal, Glare, Radianz etc...

Its better for u to get it polish once u get ur new car as its protect, seal and bond the painwork.

Many of my friends have tried other brands/company of their grooming services and all seem to have problems until they tried Glare. After listening to their feedbacks, I went to try Glare in April 2003.

Since then, the shine on my car never fail to amaze me. It's easier to wash, get rid of bird dropping etc. Also, before the polish my car, they use a reader to measure the shine of my car. it was 85. After the whole process of polish, the reading went up to 101.. WOW! And they claim if the reading drop by 10% after the polish in 18 months, they'll repolish your car FOC. Adn up today, the reader measure at 95.

It's very satisying to see the shine after washing the dirty car.

The price is $488-00 for 1.6L... please do not get turn off by the price. Glare only polish ONCE and they give 18 months warranty. Many people would get turn off by the price but with simple calculation, you'll find it affordable for the best grooming.

Assuming to go to a grooming company that give u 4 wax & polish a year:

You're require to join as member : $50 (estimated)
      Wax & Polish per visit : $320 ($80 x 4 times a year)
      Total : $370

Assuming that you pay for 18 months with the other grooming company:

$80 (per polish) X 6 (18 months, 6 quarter) = $480 + $50 membership fee
      Total = $530

Morever, you're stripping off your paintwork and it'll get thinner as you wax & polish. Glare polish are not wax, silicon, polymer etc...,, instead itc consist Glassplexin that bond into paintwork.

To get more info about Glare.... www.glare.com.sg

Think currently the is a promo for Wheel Asia member ... 50% off. Think it'll
      end in Sept.

By the way, I am not related to Glare. Only wish to share a great product.

146 posts since Apr '04
    • IMHO glare professional polish is not that good for the price you have to pay. I managed to get 2 bottles of what they used for about 60SG per bottle. Each complete polish of the car will only use up at most 3/4 bottle. So They are really charging you a huge price for their workmanship.

Yes Glare polish does last longer than most other polishes I have used, but nothing last for 18mths, The whirls show up after a couple of months only. Warranty? I truly feel even if you have no polish on your car it, the reflectivity will not drop by the amount they quote.

Overall I think Glare is a good product but at the price you have to pay in SG, it is a rip off

150 posts since Jul '04
    • I used to go to Parkway Parade for compound car polish which cost about $1400 for 10 times. Then I found out that when you go to car park polishing facilities to polish your car, they polish it without first washing the car or cannot do a good job cleaning the car b4 they polish. Then I found swill marks on the car.

My friend then intro me to Swissol. Their office is at a shophouse and have washing bay. They take about 1/2 an hr to wash your car and clay bar your car to strip the old car wax out b4 putting on a new coat. I notice that the swill marks are all gone and it even minimise those deep scratches. But their product damn x. The cheapest wax cost about $250 and each polishing cost about $100.

If you are willing to pay, they are damn good.

8 posts since Jun '04
    • Hi Saabster,

Where did u purchase the Glare polish? Me interested cause Glare do not sell their polish.

Though Glare charged $488 even though the price of a bottle cost only $60, one thing for sure.... mine is already 15 months. None of those swirl mark appear on my car as indicated by you. Also, confirmed by my friends who have done Glare too. Up to date, my car remained in good shiny condition.

For those who are still sceptical ( just like me initally), you may wish to drop by Glare for the demo ( no obligation) and if any cars being wash there, maybe you could ask the owner of their opinion.

let me tell u the process that Glare do on your car...

1. Glare inspect ur car for any scratches or any defect on your car paintwork,
      2. Glare washes your car with Glare Shampoo.
      3. After rinsing the shampoo, they'll use Clay bar to remove any foreign particles, stain etc.
      4. Dry ur car.
      5. Using the "Hobira" to measure the shine of the car
      5. Now the actual polish begin.....
      6. Apply the polish and buff with machine section by section...
      7. after buffing, they'll apply polish again on the car paintwork and windscreen.
      8. Let is bond in for 10 mins.
      9. They'll then remove the polish by usinfgcloth.
      10. Uses tootbrush to remove the polish from the edges.
      11. Final inspection.
      12. Uses the "Hobira" to measure the shine again.

Viola!!!

Ps... I was there for 3 hours to see their whole process. One thing to add is their customer service is very good.

Again, I would like to reiteriate that I do not have any interest or relation with Glare. Just another satisfied customer.

773 posts since Jun '04
    • tsk tsk tsk... looking at all the prices quoted here my wallet feels pain already. Rolling Eyes Seriously considering having my car painted matte black now. Looks nice in my mind... don't know how it'll really look when done though. Also maintainance donno how. Could end up more expensive.

(sorry to borrow this thread - anyone every tried matte paint on their cars before? what sort of maintainance is required? anyone?)

3 posts since Jul '04
    • Glare’s bonding timing is quite short so I have some doubts. so far the review of the people who had tried seems gd.

14 posts since Jun '04
    • try this lar, save you money and best of all, it really shines

Don¡¯t need to join MEMBERSHIP
      H.D.B. Licensed Car Washing, Polishing & Waxing Service using 3M & AUTO GLYM products.

1000cc Saloon Car, $18
      1300cc Saloon Car, $20
      1500cc ¨C 1600cc Saloon Car, $23
      1800cc Saloon Car, $26
      2000cc Saloon Car, $28
      2300cc ¨C 2500cc Saloon Car, $38
      2800cc ¨C 3000cc Saloon Car, $38

Cleaning of car interior and leather seat 1000cc to 2000cc $10
      Cleaning of car interior and leather seat more than 2000cc $15

Mobile Car Washing, Polishing, Waxing & Glossing. Call:
      9-730-9988 M.K. Ling

78 posts since Jul '04
    • Hi,

anybody tried the Carlack 68 car grooming service at Shell Proservice ? Does the shine last ?

Edited by shouyi 29 Jul `04, 3:07PM
    6 posts since Jul '04
    • Wink To May88
      Razz
      Pls tell me how much will it cost for a mpv n the address of the shop.

thanks

jk8201 Very Happy

44 posts since Apr '04
    • Originally posted by May88:
      Hi all,

$188 for 1.0 to 1.6cc cars... good deal seriously.. i was there to supervise the whole process... personally find the job well-done...

They used the Autoglym products and my getz shine Cool haha...

If interested, just call me HP 9830-8560 and i can get further good deals for you... cos i have been the boss's loyalty customer la... he need to give me some face lei... Very Happy

The location is at Ubi Avenue...

Cheers..

hi guys!!!

is it REALLY necessary to have car polish/wax/shine etc? so far i have washed my 1 mth old sunny only once.....is dat bad?

so wat happens if i dont groom my car??

thanks dudes...and ladies

1,176 posts since May '04
    • Originally posted by brasilia94:
      hi guys!!!

is it REALLY necessary to have car polish/wax/shine etc? so far i have washed my 1 mth old sunny only once.....is dat bad?

so wat happens if i dont groom my car??

thanks dudes...and ladies

TeePee....dun waste money la...new car no need to polish one la.....my friend's black VIOS wash and polish until got circular marks everywhere and now even sent for system6 polishing .. also not very good...still can see some marks...

my advice is use just WASH&WAX car wash and use a sponge to 'push' away the dirt....and rinse with clean water will do...your car will look forever new...show-room shine...

if u really want wet look, use wet look hair gel.....Razz

Please Login or Signup to reply.