20 Aug, 07:40PM in sunny Singapore!

[Trains] Did you know...?

Subscribe to [Trains] Did you know...? 484 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • wenjie639's Avatar
    1,145 posts since May '09
    • Any stuff that you'd like to share? Post them here!

      Did you know...
      ...that the last crossover train of the day starts at Marina Bay instead of Ang Mo Kio?

  • Bus and Train LoVuR's Avatar
    4,413 posts since May '09
    • Originally posted by wenjie639:

      Any stuff that you'd like to share? Post them here!

      Did you know...
      ...that the last crossover train of the day starts at Marina Bay instead of Ang Mo Kio?

      No wonder the time it reachs JUR from TRN 106 and TRN 107 is quite long.

  • smrt3099's Avatar
    3,390 posts since Sep '09
    • Last few days i was on board 037/038 from TPY SB to CTH, the TRN is 053. But jcqh reported that this train is used as crossover, maybe it has changed its TRN at MRB....

  • Khairiano's Avatar
    1,737 posts since Oct '08
    • Do you know:-

      "Toa Payoh" is a mix Hokkien and Malay word?

      "Toa" in Hokkien mean "big"
      "Payoh" in Malay mean "Swampland"

      so "Toa Payoh" means "Big Swampland"
      ______________________________________

      Two stations have same RED but different location.

      "Tanah Merah" and "Redhill", Please don't confuse!

      "Tanah Merah" means in malay,  "Red Land" (Tanah mean Land)
      "Redhill" means "Bukit Merah" (hill mean bukit)

      Fishy about this places??

      will give you more =)

  • joeyfjj's Avatar
    1,950 posts since Sep '09
  • SMB92U's Avatar
    1,796 posts since Dec '09
  • EMERGENCY AMBULANCE
    QX179R's Avatar
    81,297 posts since Feb '08
    • Originally posted by SMB92U:

      Can any1 help me decipher on what bus555 sms-ed to me?:

      this one is epic so die die muz quote..icon_lol.gif

      GG = goodness gracious
      nvr I onboard = he didn't board
      track fall = track fault (i think)

      in short, his ang moh is really best of the best..

  • SMB92U's Avatar
    1,796 posts since Dec '09
    • Originally posted by QX179R:

      this one is epic so die die muz quote..icon_lol.gif

      GG = goodness gracious
      nvr I onboard = he didn't board
      track fall = track fault (i think)

      in short, his ang moh is really best of the best..

      LOL.. at this pont of time, i really cant understand what he was smsing to me. thanks alot! :)

  • EMERGENCY AMBULANCE
    QX179R's Avatar
    81,297 posts since Feb '08
    • Originally posted by SMB92U:

      LOL.. at this pont of time, i really cant understand what he was smsing to me. thanks alot! :)

      nvm, dun bother la..icon_lol.gif

  • SMB92U's Avatar
    1,796 posts since Dec '09
  • Moderator
    jcqh's Avatar
    4,493 posts since Oct '08
    • Originally posted by SMB92U:

      Can any1 help me decipher on what bus555 sms-ed to me?:

      OH! I KNOW!

      I think i was onboard the same train as him, on CGL! 129/130!

      Coz after i alighted, then i alr tap out and went out (zzz) and while waiting at the bus stop, then there was an announcement by the CSO at TNM that "the train at the middle platform terminates at Joo Koon". So sad la, if i was still at the platform i would've gotten more info abt what hsppened and what trains were involved, but i rmb that 227/228 stopped at the WB track while 129/130 passed it.

      The RATIS, showing that the train at the middle platform was JKN bound:

  • Bus and Train LoVuR's Avatar
    4,413 posts since May '09
    • Originally posted by jcqh:

      OH! I KNOW!

      I think i was onboard the same train as him, on CGL! 129/130!

      Coz after i alighted, then i alr tap out and went out (zzz) and while waiting at the bus stop, then there was an announcement by the CSO at TNM that "the train at the middle platform terminates at Joo Koon". So sad la, if i was still at the platform i would've gotten more info abt what hsppened and what trains were involved, but i rmb that 227/228 stopped at the WB track while 129/130 passed it.

      The RATIS, showing that the train at the middle platform was JKN bound:

      Only see before PSR bound stop at middle platform , never see before JKN bound.

  • bus555's Avatar
    10,056 posts since Dec '06
    • Ya thanks SMB92U (for posting my sms and i tio something tak boleh tahan from someone) and paiseh that i didnt check my sms before sending out to you. Thousand apologise and sian la should not have taken that stupid 227/228

      and lastly,, i accidenly put "nvr" by mistake which mean i DID board that 227/228 and i am not on the same train as jcqh

      I am really sorry to everyone out there who misunderstood me :(

      Edited by bus555 21 Feb `10, 6:24PM
  • smrt3099's Avatar
    3,390 posts since Sep '09
    • This 227/228 have been dominating CGL for the pas 2 weeks as the king, HAD ALREADY GIVE SO MUCH PROLEMS RUNNING IT.

      1) Delay
      2) Door closing time
      3) Door shuts very slow
      4) Movement very slow
      5) No sense of urgency
      6) Also whatever u all can say

      Attn to CHD/SMRT,

      STOP PUTTING 227/228 ON CGL!!! I DUN WISH TO SEE IT!!!!

  • Veyron16.4's Avatar
    1,259 posts since Sep '09
    • Originally posted by smrt3099:

      This 227/228 have been dominating CGL for the pas 2 weeks as the king, HAD ALREADY GIVE SO MUCH PROLEMS RUNNING IT.

      1) Delay
      2) Door closing time
      3) Door shuts very slow
      4) Movement very slow
      5) No sense of urgency
      6) Also whatever u all can say

      Attn to CHD/SMRT,

      STOP PUTTING 227/228 ON CGL!!! I DUN WISH TO SEE IT!!!!

      NO ONE WISH TO SEE A BROKEN TRAIN! SMRT, REFURBISH THIS C651 ASAP!

    • Originally posted by SMB92U:

      Can any1 help me decipher on what bus555 sms-ed to me?:

      At first I thought bus555 meant that the C651 derailed....

  • smrt3099's Avatar
    3,390 posts since Sep '09
  • Samuel Lee's Avatar
    3,219 posts since Nov '09
    • Originally posted by jcqh:

      OH! I KNOW!

      I think i was onboard the same train as him, on CGL! 129/130!

      Coz after i alighted, then i alr tap out and went out (zzz) and while waiting at the bus stop, then there was an announcement by the CSO at TNM that "the train at the middle platform terminates at Joo Koon". So sad la, if i was still at the platform i would've gotten more info abt what hsppened and what trains were involved, but i rmb that 227/228 stopped at the WB track while 129/130 passed it.

      The RATIS, showing that the train at the middle platform was JKN bound:

      What was the date? And can someone confirm that this Joo Koon train open one (Towards Joo Koon only, the left in WB direction) or both doors?

  • bus555's Avatar
    10,056 posts since Dec '06
  • Moderator
    jcqh's Avatar
    4,493 posts since Oct '08
    • Originally posted by bus555:

      today at 12pm

      Oh ya, I got a qn to ask you.

      Did 227/228 enter TNM at the middle platform or WB platform? And did it continue service to Joo Koon?

      Also, did you see the CGL train 129/130 heading back towards Changi Airport?

  • Scania96's Avatar
    419 posts since Nov '09
    • I dont noe where to post this but here goes. NEL pls do not lean against door change to the one that say all the annoucement. The lady. At last they call a professional to say it.

  • SMB92U's Avatar
    1,796 posts since Dec '09
  • Khairiano's Avatar
    1,737 posts since Oct '08
    • Originally posted by SMB92U:

      Can any1 help me decipher on what bus555 sms-ed to me?:

      Got a C651 set 227/228 that bus555 did not board the train have some track fail near changi depot towards Tanah Merah Interchange. What the F---! Help bus555 to post in sgforums.

  • smrt3099's Avatar
    3,390 posts since Sep '09
    • Originally posted by SMB92U:

      Did you know..


      ...a fully-drawn C751B was featured in 'Stop Drug Abuse' campaign?

      Maybe SMRT can consider opting for this ext ad..

  • bus555's Avatar
    10,056 posts since Dec '06
    • Originally posted by jcqh:

      Oh ya, I got a qn to ask you.

      Did 227/228 enter TNM at the middle platform or WB platform? And did it continue service to Joo Koon?

      Also, did you see the CGL train 129/130 heading back towards Changi Airport?


      erm 227/228 uses the WB platform and ya it continued it service to Joon Koon and maybe i did see a train of 129/130 heading towards changi airport lol..

      btw i hate 227/228 le bah.. should become spare lol

Please Login or Signup to reply.