22 Oct, 03:45PM in sunny Singapore!

MRT Lines & Stations' Suggestions

Subscribe to MRT Lines & Stations' Suggestions 63 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • Gus.chong's Avatar
    8,554 posts since Jun '10
    • Anyone who like to suggest MRT routes and stations to serve commuters better between areas and areas? (Although this is not posssible, this is still suggestions) Just post it here and let everyone share their ideas!

  • SMRT/SBS Transit's Avatar
    276 posts since Mar '10
  • Kawac151's Avatar
    4,913 posts since Mar '10
  • Samuel Lee's Avatar
    3,219 posts since Nov '09
  • Gus.chong's Avatar
    8,554 posts since Jun '10
  • sni1996's Avatar
    326 posts since Sep '10
  • Gus.chong's Avatar
    8,554 posts since Jun '10
    • Originally posted by sni1996:

      Is it Thomson Line or North Shore Line this topic referring to?


      Not only that, but you can also choose your own lines and stations' names!

  • i_luv_erky's Avatar
    497 posts since Jun '07
    • Originally posted by Gus.chong:


      No. That's for the west. I think this is suggesting more in East or North.

      HELLO. there's 3 NEW lines in the EAST.

  • Gus.chong's Avatar
    8,554 posts since Jun '10
    • Originally posted by i_luv_erky:

      HELLO. there's 3 NEW lines in the EAST.


      Ok. Since i wrote the name as 'Station Suggestions', you can choose the names for those lines opening in the future, but not the EWL, ok?

  • Samuel Lee's Avatar
    3,219 posts since Nov '09
    • Ok, u want suggestions, here they are:

      In the East & North East (Other than Punggol North LRT and I hope it can be extended to Corney Island, despite inital plans dont.) ---


      DTL Stage 3a extension:

      Expo - Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal, between the 2 will have Changi Business Park station

      DTL Bedok extension:

      Bedok Town Park - Bedok North - Bedok (Interchange with EW5) - Bedok South / (+) Siglap (Interchange with ERL)

      CCL PYL extension:

      Paya Lebar Interchange - Tanjong Katong - Marine Parade

      EWL CGL extension:

      Changi Airport - Terminal 4 (In 20 years time??)

      Tampines Line (Provides connectivity between Kebun Bharu - Ang Mo Kio - Serangoon North / Gardens - Hougang (Interchange with NEL) - Hougang Ave 7 - (Old) Tampines Road - Tampines (Interchange with EWL / DTL?) - Upper Changi Road - Chai Chee - Kaki Bukit - Ubi - Kim Chuan - Lorong Ah Soo - Hougang (Interchange with NEL) and back to Kebun Bharu, where the shape possibly looping around the Paya Lebar Air base.)

      In the North / North West:

      Yishun LRT looping from Yishun (Interchange with NSL) - Simpang - Yishun Ring - Yishun South - Khatib (Interchange with NSL)

      DTL Stage 2a extension apart of adding DT4:

      Bukit Panjang - Gali Batu - Mandai - Sungei Kadut (Interchange with NS6)

      DTL Stage 2b extension:

      Sungei Kadut (Interchange with NS6) - Sungei Buloh - [Woodlands] Checkpoint - Woodlands North (Interchange with Thomson Line Northern end terminus)

       

  • sni1996's Avatar
    326 posts since Sep '10
    • There will be Terminal 4 built in the future.

      Source:My cousin brother who is working at CGA.

  • i_luv_erky's Avatar
    497 posts since Jun '07
    • Originally posted by sni1996:

      There will be Terminal 4 built in the future.

      Source:My cousin brother who is working at CGA.

      yes, we know that terminal 4

      Source: The news !

      When the day terminal 3 was opened, they said there will be terminal 4

  • Gus.chong's Avatar
    8,554 posts since Jun '10
    • Originally posted by Samuel Lee:

      Ok, u want suggestions, here they are:

      In the East & North East (Other than Punggol North LRT and I hope it can be extended to Corney Island, despite inital plans dont.) ---


      DTL Stage 3a extension:

      Expo - Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal, between the 2 will have Changi Business Park station

      DTL Bedok extension:

      Bedok Town Park - Bedok North - Bedok (Interchange with EW5) - Bedok South / (+) Siglap (Interchange with ERL)

      CCL PYL extension:

      Paya Lebar Interchange - Tanjong Katong - Marine Parade

      EWL CGL extension:

      Changi Airport - Terminal 4 (In 20 years time??)

      Tampines Line (Provides connectivity between Kebun Bharu - Ang Mo Kio - Serangoon North / Gardens - Hougang (Interchange with NEL) - Hougang Ave 7 - (Old) Tampines Road - Tampines (Interchange with EWL / DTL?) - Upper Changi Road - Chai Chee - Kaki Bukit - Ubi - Kim Chuan - Lorong Ah Soo - Hougang (Interchange with NEL) and back to Kebun Bharu, where the shape possibly looping around the Paya Lebar Air base.)

      In the North / North West:

      Yishun LRT looping from Yishun (Interchange with NSL) - Simpang - Yishun Ring - Yishun South - Khatib (Interchange with NSL)

      DTL Stage 2a extension apart of adding DT4:

      Bukit Panjang - Gali Batu - Mandai - Sungei Kadut (Interchange with NS6)

      DTL Stage 2b extension:

      Sungei Kadut (Interchange with NS6) - Sungei Buloh - [Woodlands] Checkpoint - Woodlands North (Interchange with Thomson Line Northern end terminus)

       


      Ok. Some of the suggestions are quite good, but some of the area (like Simpang) must be fully developed. Changi Airport Terminal 4? The SCA Skytrain will be extended to there, since it is a connection of the terminals.

      By the way, since the name 'Stations Suggestions' is there (meaning station names suggestions), can everyone suggest a name for the names of DTL3 (since the names are working names and not finalised)?

  • Gus.chong's Avatar
    8,554 posts since Jun '10
    • My Suggested names for DTL3:

      DT20 River Valley

      DT21 Bencooolen

      DT22 Kitchener

      DT23 Bendemeer

      DT24 Kolam Ayer

      DT25 Woodsvile (I was originally finding other names but I can only choose this)

      DT26 Macpherson (interchange with CCL)

      DT27 Ubi

      DT28 Kaki Bukit

      DT29 Damai

      DT30 Reservoir

      DT31 Temasek

      DT32 Tampines (interchange with EWL)

      DT33 Changkat

      DT34 Somapah

      DT35 Expo (interchange with EWL Changi Airport Extension)

      Edited by Gus.chong 28 Sep `10, 6:27PM
  • Samuel Lee's Avatar
    3,219 posts since Nov '09
    • Originally posted by Gus.chong:

      My Suggested names for DTL3:

      DT20 River Valley

      DT21 Bencooolen

      DT22 Kitchener

      DT23 Bendemeer

      DT24 Kolam Ayer

      DT25 Woodsvile (I was originally finding other names but I can only choose this)

      DT26 Macpherson (interchange with CCL)

      DT27 Ubi

      DT28 Kaki Bukit

      DT29 Damai

      DT30 Reservoir

      DT31 Temasek

      DT32 Tampines (interchange with EWL)

      DT33 Loyang

      DT34 Somapah

      DT35 Expo (interchange with EWL Changi Airport Extension)

      Sorry, Damai is used in Punggol LRT for dunno WTF reason.

      Somapah Road was closed and I failed to find any road name with Somapah in 2010 street directory. (Correct me if I am wrong).

       

      Personally, the Tampines East (Your Loyang) should not be named as Loyang because it should be reserved for future North Shore Line, where

      Changi Airport -> (Changi North / Village) -> Loyang (The industrial estate, might be close to Tua Pek Kong) -> Pasir Ris -> Elias -> Lorong Halus (Shell station) -> Punggol etc......

      Edited by Samuel Lee 26 Sep `10, 9:00PM
  • Gus.chong's Avatar
    8,554 posts since Jun '10
    • Originally posted by Samuel Lee:

      Sorry, Damai is used in Punggol LRT for dunno WTF reason.

      Somapah Road was closed and I failed to find any road name with Somapah in 2010 street directory. (Correct me if I am wrong).

      Personally, the Tampines East (Your Loyang) should not be named as Loyang because it should be reserved for future North Shore Line, where

      Changi Airport -> (Changi North / Village) -> Loyang (The industrial estate, might be close to Tua Pek Kong) -> Pasir Ris -> Elias -> Lorong Halus (Shell station) -> Punggol etc......


      Damai is name after the schools named Damai. Or else I will try finding other names.

      Goes for the same as Loyang too.

      As for Somapah, when did you get the news of closure of that road? Show me, please. There's only the Somapah Rd.

      Or, can you give me suggestions of the names of the not suitables?

      Edited by Gus.chong 27 Sep `10, 7:41PM
  • Samuel Lee's Avatar
    3,219 posts since Nov '09
    • Originally posted by Gus.chong:


      Damai is name after the schools named Damai. Or else I will try finding other names.

      Goes for the same as Loyang too.

      As for Somapah, when did you get the news of closure of that road? Show me, please. There's only the Somapah Rd.

      Or, can you give me suggestions of the names of the not suitables?

      Damai -> Bedok North? (And the station next to it for the DTL Bedok extension, maybe is a fantsy idea from me that links the "Bedok Town Park" - "Bedok" (EW5 interchange) - "Bedok South" (ERL interchange) will named as Chai Chee instead, since it should be located between your "Damai" or "Bedok Town Park" and EW5 Bedok.)

      Loyang -> Changkat (Tampines Changkat CC is nearby, there is a school called Changkat Changi Secondary / Primary School in Simei near Changi Hospital)

      Somapah -> LP! This one ah.... Somapah Road cannot be found on Street Directory 2005 (I did not buy any newer copies so u get what I meant). I suggest: [Upper] Changi East because names like Tiga Ratus (Jalan Tiga Ratus, I used to study in Changkat Primary School and was there for half a year due to renovation / demolishment in the present Changkat Primary school, so dont play play. Of course my life there was short but dont ask....) / Meragi etc, are as good as Duchess station where only those people live there will know, probably people lives in Simei estate might not know where is it.

       

  • demag_ac's Avatar
    233 posts since Jan '05
    • Originally posted by Samuel Lee:

      ...........

      Somapah -> LP! This one ah.... Somapah Road cannot be found on Street Directory 2005 (I did not buy any newer copies so u get what I meant). I suggest: [Upper] Changi East because names like Tiga Ratus (Jalan Tiga Ratus, I used to study in Changkat Primary School and was there for half a year due to renovation / demolishment in the present Changkat Primary school, so dont play play. Of course my life there was short but dont ask....) / Meragi etc, are as good as Duchess station where only those people live there will know, probably people lives in Simei estate might not know where is it.

       

      Well, even if you did not purhase the latest official edition of the Singapore Street Directory, that is no excuse for not checking out the online edition:-

      Somapah Rd

       

  • NickLim™'s Avatar
    347 posts since Mar '10
    • Originally posted by Samuel Lee:

      Somapah -> LP! This one ah.... Somapah Road cannot be found on Street Directory 2005 (I did not buy any newer copies so u get what I meant). I suggest: [Upper] Changi East because names like Tiga Ratus (Jalan Tiga Ratus, I used to study in Changkat Primary School and was there for half a year due to renovation / demolishment in the present Changkat Primary school, so dont play play. Of course my life there was short but dont ask....) / Meragi etc, are as good as Duchess station where only those people live there will know, probably people lives in Simei estate might not know where is it.

       

      Yes, the road was closed. Somapah was an area north of Upper Changi Road, which is where the present day Singapore Expo Hall 10 stands. It used to be where buses to the airport terminate if I remember correctly. The area was gone around the 90s, partly because of the Singapore Expo project. However, many old folks in Singapore and some taxi drivers know where Somapah is. Stations need not be named after a road. If so, why is Harbourfront called Harbourfront? It isn't exactly in front of a harbour, and Harbourfront Walk was only named after Vivocity was completed.

      It seems you are a typical keyboard warrior where you can only express yourself online. If you need further clarification of things, I invite you for a cup of coffee.

      Edited by NickLim™ 27 Sep `10, 11:20PM
  • Samuel Lee's Avatar
    3,219 posts since Nov '09
  • Gus.chong's Avatar
    8,554 posts since Jun '10
    • Originally posted by Samuel Lee:

      Damai -> Bedok North? (And the station next to it for the DTL Bedok extension, maybe is a fantsy idea from me that links the "Bedok Town Park" - "Bedok" (EW5 interchange) - "Bedok South" (ERL interchange) will named as Chai Chee instead, since it should be located between your "Damai" or "Bedok Town Park" and EW5 Bedok.)

      Loyang -> Changkat (Tampines Changkat CC is nearby, there is a school called Changkat Changi Secondary / Primary School in Simei near Changi Hospital)

      Somapah -> LP! This one ah.... Somapah Road cannot be found on Street Directory 2005 (I did not buy any newer copies so u get what I meant). I suggest: [Upper] Changi East because names like Tiga Ratus (Jalan Tiga Ratus, I used to study in Changkat Primary School and was there for half a year due to renovation / demolishment in the present Changkat Primary school, so dont play play. Of course my life there was short but dont ask....) / Meragi etc, are as good as Duchess station where only those people live there will know, probably people lives in Simei estate might not know where is it.

       

      I don't like Bedok North (the name).

      Changkat is quite ok

      But, Somapah Rd you say you cannot found it on SD 2005, but there is 2010. It is just closed for completion. So by 2011, it will be completed, and i don't like the last name.

       

  • Gus.chong's Avatar
    8,554 posts since Jun '10
    • Originally posted by NickLim™:

      Yes, the road was closed. Somapah was an area north of Upper Changi Road, which is where the present day Singapore Expo Hall 10 stands. It used to be where buses to the airport terminate if I remember correctly. The area was gone around the 90s, partly because of the Singapore Expo project. However, many old folks in Singapore and some taxi drivers know where Somapah is. Stations need not be named after a road. If so, why is Harbourfront called Harbourfront? It isn't exactly in front of a harbour, and Harbourfront Walk was only named after Vivocity was completed.

      It seems you are a typical keyboard warrior where you can only express yourself online. If you need further clarification of things, I invite you for a cup of coffee.


      Yes, but I think it's better to name the last second station as Somapah, since the road there is under construction, and the road will soon be completed in 2011, maybe before the results are decided.

      Edited by Gus.chong 28 Sep `10, 6:29PM
  • Gus.chong's Avatar
    8,554 posts since Jun '10
    • Originally posted by Samuel Lee:

      Woah, need say until like that meh. I just illustrator my point in my way only.


      Ok, just stop saying nonense and get back to work, maybe choose yourself the names?

  • Gus.chong's Avatar
    8,554 posts since Jun '10
    • I was thinking of a new line in north to better serve workers there. I think it will be finalised on 10 Oct.

  • langer68's Avatar
    288 posts since Sep '10
    • North Coast / Shore Line??

      • East is haevily served my three lines
      • North needs more lines
      • West: I shouldn post down here
      • South: Perhaps most MRT lines should pass through this section

      Somapah Rd EXIST. (Source: My 2010 / 2011 map). Indeed they say will extend to Loyang Ave.

       

Please Login or Signup to reply.