26 Feb, 06:39AM in sunny Singapore!
Home $Money$

Is it worth to have a holistic insurance plan in Singapore?

Subscribe to Is it worth to have a holistic insurance plan in Singapore? 2 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    200 posts since Feb '08
    • My insurance agent claims that in order to have a holistic plan, there are 8 components, 2 for wealth and 6 for coverage

It includes Death, Total Disability, Chronic Illness, Hospitalization, Accident, Income protection.

The other 2 is saving/investment and retirement.

It recommended to buy premium for the 6 coverage for total protection, it can take up to 15% in my salary.

Is it worth to use 15% of my salary to cover those 6 categories?

Is Great Eastern Reliable in term of claims?

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    261,152 posts since Dec '99
    • depends on which phase of life and what u are expecting for the future

coverage is important, especially medical expenses these days are unimaginable
      just get the most premium shield rider plan if u can afford it

and if u have dependents u oso need to make sure they are taken care of (at least have MONEY) in case u are unable to work, or u go be with g0d

savings is important as well (no matter what, u still have a sum in future..... whether for retirement or for 环游世界 or to throw them down a building...... is up to u at tt time)

if u have spare cash u can consider investments loh...... 

be very sure u know what and how much u are covered for everything
      read all the damn fine print
      even if it takes u hours and half the sh!t u dont understand, ASK the FC (tts what he/she is being paid for).... relli clarify everything before u sign or decide not to sign

dont have to succumb to FC's upsell and cross-sell 
      of cos they wanna sell u everything
      but most important is you yourself find out what u have, what u need, what u want, what u expect, what u can get back

compare with other insurance companies. dont rush or dont just listen to one. 
      or scared troublesome and just blindly agree to everything and sign

Please Login or Signup to reply.