24 Apr, 01:22AM in sunny Singapore!

How's summer treating you so far?

Subscribe to How's summer treating you so far? 39 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    11,930 posts since Jan '06
    • So far so good. The weather's been funny though. It gets crazy hot for a while and then it goes back to normal.

Apart from the weather, summer here is busy. Lots of tourists descend upon us and add to our already bad traffic congestion. We tried to visit the boardwalk the other day but we got shut out. Absolutely no parking to be had. Frustrating. We will try again once tourist season is over.

This Sunday, we are going to drive to Arizona just because. I would love to drive up to Las Vegas but that would take too long since I only have one day off. It's a 5-hour drive, one way. Oh well, another time.

How's your summer so far?

Edited by jetta 21 Jul `07, 10:17AM
    9,973 posts since Feb '05
    • Originally posted by jetta:
      So far so good. The weather's been funny though. It gets crazy hot for a while and then it goes back to normal.

Apart from the weather, summer here is busy. Lots of tourists descend upon us and add to our already bad traffic congestion. We tried to visit the boardwalk the other day but we got shut out. Absolutely no parking to be had. Frustrating. We will try again once tourist season is over.

This Sunday, we are going to drive to Arizona just because. I would love to drive up to Las Vegas but that would take too long since I only have one day off. It's a 5-hour drive, one way. Oh well, another time.

How's your summer so far?

The weather this summer has thus far been pretty crazy here in the midwest too. Well-above-normal daytime highs with below average precipitation. The high humidity doesn't help either.

With the sun setting after 8 p.m. this time of the year, I'm usually out at the shooting range in the evenings after work, but I haven't been doing too much of that this summer because of the oppressive heat. In fact, the last time I was there was over three weeks ago. My trigger finger is getting itchy. Crying or Very sad

MN isn't exactly a tourist mecca like SoCal, so we fortunately don't have to contend with too much traffic congestion. We'll get the occasional Wisconsinite or Iowan making a brief foray across the border into MN to see what all the fuss is about (Mall of America, Valleyfair, etc.), but they're pretty harmless and don't usually stay for too long. Mr. Green

Which part of AZ will you be driving to tomorrow? Take lots of pictures, yah?

1,831 posts since Nov '04
    • Very odd summer for me in Toronto.. Temp keeps going up and down, somedays it can be a 160f in the kitchen then the next it drops to 90f. Not good for working conditions, too many cooks falling sick.

34,548 posts since Aug '05
    • Originally posted by Meia Gisborn:
      The weather this summer has thus far been pretty crazy here in the midwest too. Well-above-normal daytime highs with below average precipitation. The high humidity doesn't help either.

With the sun setting after 8 p.m. this time of the year, I'm usually out at the shooting range in the evenings after work, but I haven't been doing too much of that this summer because of the oppressive heat. In fact, the last time I was there was over three weeks ago. My trigger finger is getting itchy. Crying or Very sad

MN isn't exactly a tourist mecca like SoCal, so we fortunately don't have to contend with too much traffic congestion. We'll get the occasional Wisconsinite or Iowan making a brief foray across the border into MN to see what all the fuss is about (Mall of America, Valleyfair, etc.), but they're pretty harmless and don't usually stay for too long. Mr. Green

Which part of AZ will you be driving to tomorrow? Take lots of pictures, yah?

Laughing @ the occasional stray border crossers. Laughing We have those too except ours tend to stay. Mad

Well, we didn't make it to AZ. I googled various AZ attractions but they are all a 5-hour or more drive, one way. That's too much driving to cram into a day trip. So we ended up at Knott's Berry Farm instead, just a short 2 hour drive away. It's changed alot since I was last there in the late 80s. There are way more rides now. I took a few shots which I'll post soon.

7,075 posts since Jan '07
    • weather is hot during the day, but decent enough at night that i don't turn on aircond.

save $.

But the coastel town are cool for most of the season. They are about 10 degree lower than inland.

• Originally posted by Arapahoe:
      weather is hot during the day, but decent enough at night that i don't turn on aircond.

save $.

But the coastel town are cool for most of the season. They are about 10 degree lower than inland.

Arapahoe, where in CA are you again?

20,684 posts since Apr '05
    • IT'S HOT~~~~HOT~~~~HOT!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Got into the car and my temp reading recorded 41 deg C!!!!!! Mad Mad

Where oh where IS winter????? Laughing Laughing

Gosh, I won't be escaping winter when I retire. I will be avoiding summer!!!! Mr. Green

• Originally posted by Fatum:
      september's next month ... summer's over ! .... Neutral

Dunno whether to laugh or cry...

Laughing Laughing Laughing

well, i was deliberating on a smart answer to fatum. guess i couldn't come up with one on time! Wink

• oh, by the way, u both know why i took so long to think of couldn't think? i am rewarding myself with monthong durians. hmm.....yum yum.........

i cannot go shopping in this weather. i was out at loblaws getting kettle, toaster and stuff on sale for residence use. not fun........i am gonna stay indoors till the weather drops to 20s!!!! Mad Mr. Green

• Originally posted by Fatum:
      wat ? ...

it's already starting to chill off here .... Neutral

ooohhhhh......u ARE lucky!!!!

well, i mean now that i am indoors, with the air-conditioning and a blowing fan, i am better now. but no way, it is still freaking hot out there. it's about 37 deg C now!!!

oops, i left the pop in the car. gotta bring it in before it blows up, right?

*sprints out*

Laugh now, cry later. Razz

• Originally posted by littlestream:
      ooohhhhh......u ARE lucky!!!!

well, i mean now that i am indoors, with the air-conditioning and a blowing fan, i am better now. but no way, it is still freaking hot out there. it's about 37 deg C now!!!

oops, i left the pop in the car. gotta bring it in before it blows up, right?

*sprints out*

I never knew that it could get so hot in Torlongto. Surprised

• oh btw ... happy hatch day Jetta ...

did you see the thread over at club gluttony for you ? ... Razz

36,664 posts since Apr '06
      I never knew that it could get so hot in Torlongto. Surprised

yesh it can!!!

and pple say that this summer isnt even considered REALLY HOT oledi...Shocked
      tmd...if it was any hotter i really will die...
      so damn hot this week ok...tsk!
      supposed to be really REALLY hot for the next couple of weeks also Sad

thank goodness this weekend is WONDERFULLL~~~! Razz
      can sit outside and sleep and wont die...hehe

72 posts since Oct '04
    • Here in the SF Bay Area it's 14 deg C. High expected to be 19 today.

It has been hot in some parts. Was in Boise 4th of July and it was 41. Add to that no clouds and the sun just beats down.

• Originally posted by Xfr8dog:
      Here in the SF Bay Area it's 14 deg C. High expected to be 19 today.

Trade places with you?

It's been stupidly hot and humid here in MN thus far this summer. The forecast for the rest of the week shows highs in the upper 80s. Mad

35,169 posts since Apr '03

It has been hot in some parts. Was in Boise 4th of July and it was 41. Add to that no clouds and the sun just beats down.

Gah, gimme an airticket to SF.. Laughing

It may be dry this year but all in all the summer heat isn;t as bad as compare to last year.

• Originally posted by LazerLordz:
      Gah, gimme an airticket to SF.. Laughing

Give us your credit card number first. Mr. Green

Arapahoe, where in CA are you again?

Inland valley, Upland, Claremont, Pomona area.

Please Login or Signup to reply.