31 Jul, 03:22PM in sunny Singapore!

Three issues

Subscribe to Three issues 7 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • Call4ljw's Avatar
    1,236 posts since May '08
    • Hi!

      I have three issues here, two are questions though.

      1) My Chrome Browser keeps getting corrupted. as in no reponse after starting it.

      Note: I'm hoping to stay with Chrome, so don't provide suggestions like go with firefox.ty

      2) what is vcc overshoot? my desktop has Digi+ VRM, and i'm affected by it?

      3) Is it okay to increase voltage and reduce amps on my PC to reduce energy loss? as with power lines.

       

      Thanks!

      Edited by Call4ljw 12 Feb `11, 5:48PM
  • Kutter's Avatar
    312 posts since Apr '09
    • For no.1, i guess your google chrome is stuck with some virus. you need a good antivirus to get rid of it. i am using the china one, 360 antivirus. or another way is to reformat the system. hope that helps.

      for no.2 and 3 it is beyond my knowledge.

  • playmemory's Avatar
    430 posts since Apr '06
    • 1.google chrome maybe loading some plug in. try disable them first.

      2. vcc in electronic terms means input voltage. usually it is referring a power supply voltage.

      3. i guess u need to study more on electronic. power lines theory does not work in PC.

  • Call4ljw's Avatar
    1,236 posts since May '08
    • Originally posted by Kutter:

      For no.1, i guess your google chrome is stuck with some virus. you need a good antivirus to get rid of it. i am using the china one, 360 antivirus. or another way is to reformat the system. hope that helps.

      for no.2 and 3 it is beyond my knowledge.

      Nope definitely not virus.

    • Originally posted by playmemory:

      1.google chrome maybe loading some plug in. try disable them first.

      2. vcc in electronic terms means input voltage. usually it is referring a power supply voltage.

      3. i guess u need to study more on electronic. power lines theory does not work in PC.

      1. I run chrome in incognito mode where all plug-ins are disabled. BTW they are no plug-ins.

      2. Actually i already found it out, just didn't update here.

      3. My comp is down so i cant test it out myself currently.
      Erm...ok. what theory does the CPU use?

  • playmemory's Avatar
    430 posts since Apr '06
    • 1. chrome hang is kind of tricky. to troubleshoot requires many try and error. got to ask a few questions. is it working previously without hang? update to the latest version? perform windows update? any software installed after installed chrome?

      3. power line is AC power and CPU is DC power. if you r interested then pls spend some time study them.

  • Call4ljw's Avatar
    1,236 posts since May '08
    • Originally posted by playmemory:

      1. chrome hang is kind of tricky. to troubleshoot requires many try and error. got to ask a few questions. is it working previously without hang? update to the latest version? perform windows update? any software installed after installed chrome?

      3. power line is AC power and CPU is DC power. if you r interested then pls spend some time study them.

      3. According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_voltage_direct_current, its the same with DC current...or are you saying that CPU has low resistance?

Please Login or Signup to reply.